Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Holland

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I admit I gave him a hard time during the Prem years, BUT, where would we be without him now?
The bloke has been fantastic since he's come back into the team.

Comments

• Options
    I stayed right to the end today because i knew despite 20,000 booing he will still have the balls to stay and walk round thanking the fans. I wanted to direct my emotions to show him the same respect, rather than spit abuse at the others. He wasn't 'brilliant' today by any means, but he stood up to be counted.
  • Options
    I think it would be a tad unfair to say 20000 booing AFKA.
  • Options
    I looked him the eye at the end when he and Paddy walked past us in the East. He was clearly emotional, he knew as captain he had to take the brunt of abuse. By still doing his bit at the end he did.
  • Options
    I've given him stick too in the past but his attitude and demeanour this season cannot be faulted.
  • Options
    Evening Len, just for the record, I still prefer life without Llewllyn.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Evening Len, just for the record, I still prefer life without Llewllyn.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

We're doing our best to throw away this test match after young Ryan's good work.
  • Options
    I think that (Ryan) was just a blip in the match. We have been totally outplayed since we arrived in the Land of the Long White Cloud.
  • Options
    He was running around like a 20 year old yesterday and gave his all. By far the best Charlton player.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I think it would be a tad unfair to say 20000 booing AFKA.[/quote]

True a good 16000 had already left and a good few thousand beofre the final whistle