Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some interesting fixtures coming up

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
On Tuesday, while we are at Burnley, Bristol City play Watford.
West Brom play Palace - and Hull have a difficult match at Cardiff on Wed.

Saturday brings, of course, Ipswich v Charlton,
Bristol City v Plymouth
Watford v Stoke.

We should be kicking ourselves for not bringing in maximum 6 points from our last 2 home games.
Teams that have to play each other can't both win - and we could easily have been really well placed.

Comments

• Options
    Its gone now Oggster, no point dwelling on it now my friend.

Golden opportunities turning into missed opportunities is the only consistent thing about this season.

Sometimes you need a low, like the Wycombe game last season, to break the cycle. I'm backing everyone at the moment because i very much hope yesterday was that low. It had been building in previous games and come to the surface yesterday.

The team, manager and fans all need to both learn from it, and react to it. We need to see an angry team doing everything they can to right wrongs, and we fans in turn (well those that aren't on strike) have to give full backing if we see that reaction.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    wembley final still possible afka.
  • Options
    Well ive booked accomodation for Ipswich and Plymouth.

Surely this team will produce something better than Scunny away, Blackpool away and Preston home in some of the remaining fixtures. Please tell me there arent further lows than those 3.
  • Options
    how long in a car do you reckon it would take to get plymouth??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how long in a car do you reckon it would take to get plymouth??

Where from?
  • Options
    From Charlton - about 5 hours + depending on getting across to the M4 or A303.

Once you are past Exeter on the A38, it'll be another hour or so.
  • Options
    got my daughter over on that day,leave her with the lady,but would like to be back by ten.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It was pretty woeful yesterday, but the only thing that will rectify it is Pards and the team accepting it was not good enough.
    Which seems to be the case.
    Then they need to be get out there, and work extremely hard collectively as a team to show everyone that we are not a bunch of "prema donnas" that we are hungry and talented enough to challenge in this league, and to show we mean it by taking hold of games and demonstrating a work and team ethic like Bristol City and one or two others we have met so far this season
    And as supporters, I think we need to remember why we support Charlton and keep a little perspective on it. Yes it is depressing at times, but it could be a lot, lot worse.
    It's football, it's meant to be enjoyable you know. Good days, bad days.
  • Options
    If you went by train, Nolly or others, it would take around 3 and a half hours from Paddington station.

Then you have about 20/30 minutes walk from Plymouth station to the ground, not allowing for pre-match drinking time. ;o)
  • Options
    its a tricky one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it aint goin to happen m8