Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bit draughty up here...

edited March 2008 in Not Sports Related
Really wish I wasn't on the 29th floor today... wind is crashing in and I can feel the building swaying.

It's been a pleasure knowing you all !

Comments

• Options
    Stop being a baby, I'd love to have a view like you have
  • Options
    It's all yours mate... I'll swap it for your van any day (after it's been disinfected and internally jetwashed of course)
  • Options
    Video some planes for me then and I'll let you
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm on the 6th Floor - Was soooo much fun getting from the coach to the office this morning!! NOT!

Medders - going to be a nightmare later waiting for the coaches - Weather people have said that this will ease off for a while during the day and then come back in time for rush hour later! :-(
  • Options
    That's if I've got a coach to get me home... one had it's windscreen blown out on the Medway bridge and another broke down....!
  • Options
    Serves you both right for working in flash offices.

I get to look out of my window at a cable compound and have to work in Orpington each day. Truly shite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]That's if I've got a coach to get me home... one had it's windscreen blown out on the Medway bridge and another broke down....!

I would hazard a guess a few 'pat their shants' when the windscreen went for a pleasure flight
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]That's if I've got a coach to get me home... one had it's windscreen blown out on the Medway bridge and another broke down....!

Opps!

[cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Serves you both right for working in flash offices.

I get to look out of my window at a cable compound and have to work in Orpington each day. Truly shite

All together now - Arhhhhhhhh!! ;-P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I would hazard a guess a few 'pat their shants' when the windscreen went for a pleasure flight

I can well imagine you're right and a load of those coaches don't have toilets... wouldnt have been pleasant
  • Options
    I saw the usual suspects waiting on Lordswood lane as I drove past at 6.30 this morning, shaking like sh*tting dogs they were in the cold wind and wet rain.

Sod that, I see the same people getting off the coach as I'm getting home from the boozer!! Then to have a windscreen go flying would of been an even better start to the week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Winds batterd my office on teh 6th Floor overlooking Scotland Yard lovely NOT
  • Options
    Mate all buildings sway. The really big ones have a pendlum (sic) which counters the movement. Its all to do with harmonics etc. If it starts humming run like f**K. Couple years ago worked in a building where the 5th floor used to vibrate ? we had movement detectors put in and it turned out to be from the tube line ??
  • Options
    And now this, from my building.... anyone fancy being hit by a lump of metal falling from 32 floors up?!

"Due to the high winds a piece of metal on 40 Bank Street (level 32) has become loose. Due to this the Wilkinson Bridge (both sides) and the West Winter Gardens South Exit have been closed for Health and Safety reasons. "
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Mate all buildings sway. The really big ones have a pendlum (sic) which counters the movement. Its all to do with harmonics etc. If it starts humming run like f**K. Couple years ago worked in a building where the 5th floor used to vibrate ? we had movement detectors put in and it turned out to be from the tube line ??

they sure do. I remember seeing that the main tower here sways by some stupid amount... something like a foot each way!
  • Options
    If you ever have the pleasure of going up a mobile phone mast a foot each way will not concern you!

The one up Wrotham feels like a willow tree and thats on a mild day!!!

I would chuckle if the next time I see you, you are sporting a mars bar caused by infringing on the 'no walk' zone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]And now this, from my building.... anyone fancy being hit by a lump of metal falling from 32 floors up?!

"Due to the high winds a piece of metal on 40 Bank Street (level 32) has become loose. Due to this the Wilkinson Bridge (both sides) and the West Winter Gardens South Exit have been closed for Health and Safety reasons. "

Makes me feel even better standing by the side of HSBC later to wait for the coach!! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]And now this, from my building.... anyone fancy being hit by a lump of metal falling from 32 floors up?!

Makes me feel even better standing by the side of HSBC later to wait for the coach!! :-)

Hmmmmm. And that pane of glass fell out of there on a calm day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]shaking like sh*tting dogs they were in the cold wind and wet rain.

lol dude, i like that