Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks chief losing patience with squad

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2106473.0.addicks_chief_losing_patience_with_squad.php

Comments

• Options
    "Speaking after the game, Pardew was blunt in his appraisal of his team's performance, saying it was "a load of crap"."

At least his honest. Hope they suffered yesterday.
  • Options
    "Pardew planning to play more experienced players capable of handling the pressure of winning to stay in the play-off places"

Thatcher in for Youga.
    Cook in for Sam/Sinclair?
    Gray & Lita up front ?
    Halford-to-keep-his-place?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, not related to those comments I want to see Magic and Semedo in the team because we need to play the ball out of defence.
  • Options
    "The team will be changed again for Tuesday evening's Burnley game, with Pardew planning to play more experienced players capable of handling the pressure of winning to stay in the play-off places."

Sounds like a recall for Thatcher - not sure what other experienced players we have to bring in?
  • Options
    Beat me to it Salad!!
  • Options
    What's the news on Magic's injury?
    Agree Semedo should come in.
    Don't agree Thatcher's the answer - didn't exactly display a cool, experienced head in the run-in last season, did he?
  • Options
    Pardew likes Thatcher though Weegs. I've thought for a while he would re introduce him as soon as he can.

In fairness, Youga in the last two games, and Basey up at Blackpool has made that decision pretty easy for him.

As for the right back situation, if it was a home game i'd go with Moo2, as its up at Burnley, i believe Samedo to be the best option.
  • Options
    you can't beat experience - thatcher will also have that aura about him, rioghtly or wrongly, whereby a winger won't want to take the piss like that McIndoe did as he knows he'll get one.

Anyone fancy youga further up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    Anyone fancy youga further up

Not really, the fella doesn't appear capable of crossing the road at the moment - let alone a football!
  • Options
    I'd like to see Bougherra given a run at RB (fitness permitting). If Pards thinks Mootoo is a defensive liability, and Semedo doesn't offer enough going forward, then Boogy seems to be the only choice. The extra height he provides at set pieces can't hurt, either.

It'll be interesting to see what Pards comes up with tomorrow night.
  • Options
    It'll be a lottery to see what he comes up with Paddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only got 30 or so to choose from....
  • Options
    is it too late to bring in some more wingers on loan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It'll be a lottery to see what he comes up with Paddy

I think you could well be right.

The only certainty i can come up with is Weaver in goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Only got 30 or so to choose from....

is that fans or players up there....
  • Options
    I assume you've been to every away game this year oohaah, as that's all you ever seem to bang on about.
  • Options
    ha ha oohaah...

by the way, after Sat we have definitive proof that your bad omen beats my lucky charm.
  • Options
    you assume wrong stu but our away support is crap FACT
    if i went to all of them it wouldn't change my view
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]ha ha oohaah...

by the way, after Sat we have definitive proof that your bad omen beats my lucky charm.

yeah gutted but it was a one off defeat for you.... i hope!!
  • Options
    As it's an away game it should be pretty simple, drop a striker and play Semedo as the holding midfielder in a 4-5-1.

The problem comes when we want to play 4-4-2 as he doesn't seem to have the bottle to drop one of Holland or ZZ. IMO they don't function as a unit and we had better balance in the middle when we had Semedo in the side.
  • Options
    Did Chelsea always play Makelele in a 451? Surely Semedo could be at the back of the diamond with one of Holland/ ZZ/ Ambrose at the front in a 442?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Only got 30 or so to choose from....

is that fans or players up there....
    DJ%20groundhog.gif
  • Options
    Zheng has looked absolutely knackered for a long time now. Also, goals aside, he doesn't create a lot for us. I wish we still had a Graham Stuart type player, someone who picked up the ball and forced us up the field. Something we've really missed this season in my opinion.
  • Options
    magic is aiming to return for wba on good friday
  • Options
    Oohaah, perleeeeeease stop commenting on our away support before I top myself. Surely, you can at least give it a try? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Yeah come on mate, please. I know its tongue in cheek, but theres enough crap to wade through without you and threadkiller's sarcasm double act on a loop all the time.
  • Options
    Barts I thought this thread was about you and your opinion of the rest of us ;-)
  • Options
    LOL haha, very good !
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    Also, not related to those comments I want to see Magic and Semedo in the team because we need to play the ball out of defence.

I totally agree especially with Magic out of the team we have failed miserably to play the ball out. It was one of the best aspects of our performance against Palarse. Both he and the Paddy McHero really looked assured. As for Semedo, well he's fallen foul of a change of formation/tactics but especially away from home, I'd like to see him in the team. We also need to get more out of ZZ and playing a holding midfielder allows ZZ some more freedom.
  • Options
    Stick Boogie in the midfield. He's strong, loves running with the ball, can pass, good in the air, in fact I think he'd be great at pushing us forward.
  • Options
    I don't tihnk Boogy has fully recovered from his injury yet