Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Afrika! Afrika!

edited March 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anyone been and would recommend this? Was looking at tickets to go next week, but it's the choice between this and Cirque du Soleil, so views from anyone who's been would be ace

Comments

• Options
    PONCE!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I thought it was an excellent show. Not the usual type of thing I'd expect (i.e. 1&1/2 hours of tribal dancing, tub thumping and showcasing African culture) but a true circus with a mix of really talented African artists. Some of the acts were pretty standard, just done by Africans but some acts had a real African flavour. Not sure the breakdancing and basketball were authentic, the breakdancers in particular looked more Camberwell than Cameroon but good nevertheless.

The music and musicians are great too.

We were lucky to get complimentaries and looking at the prices on the way out afterwards, I felt they were a bit steep, exp. if you want to take kids.
  • Options
    THE%20CAD.jpg
  • Options
    We took Ian's daughter and we all enjoyed it. Really lively and entertaing. my favourite were the acrobats and the male contortionist!
  • Options
    Me and the Mrs went a few weeks ago - thought it was excellent. Was also on comp tickets and saw it was, I think, about £60 a ticket otherwise - wouldn't pay that for it.

Not sure I'd fancy being in the tents today either!
  • Options
    Thought about going on Sat - looked into tickets last week. Put off by the price - anything under £50 was described as a restricted view - a bit off putting.
  • Options
    I bought the cheap seats at 35 quid with a restricted view which is a bit of a piss take but because i went to the saturday matinee - it wasnt sold out - dont know if this is the same for all shows. And there was a pylon in the way and we just moved along. i dont think it would have blocked our view that much. But they are expensive. i have bought 5 VIP ticketxs for a visiting NY partner for a small fortune and am hoping him and his kids enjoy that and the King Tut exhibition - specially once he transfers the cost back to dollars! ouch.
  • Options
    it's 35quid with an unrestricted view to see Cirque in the main arena, and that's appealing more at the moment
  • Options
    yes but they would be up in the gods. even at 35 you are not that far away from the stage as its not that big in there.
  • Options
    We went on a Sunday night and there was plenty of empty seats if you wanted to move for a better view...

Like Curb It says, it's not that big in there... 2 rows of 'premium seating at the very front and then, I'd guess, about 25 rows of normal seats...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been to Woolwich a lot why do i need a Exhibition
  • Options
    i could think of nothing worse than watching that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i could think of nothing worse than watching that.

What about watching Charlton! Charlton! ?
  • Options
    i would take charlton by majority.