Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLayer of the season so far

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I would propose that this years player of the season competition should be put on hold, there is no one that has been outstanding, Holland, ZZ and varney are candidates but the phrase best of a bad lot comes to mind.

Comments

• Options
    bit like last year then
  • Options
    Weaver?
  • Options
    Holland, with a close call for Weaver and Paddy
  • Options
    andy reid - cos we have missed him soooooooooooo much
  • Options
    weaver or zz for me
  • Options
    Holland by a Mile...lead by example, maybe not the player he was but the heart is still there
  • Options
    weaver zz or holland for me ... i'll go for weaver cos i predicted he'd be a good signing and win player of the year and i'm usually right;-0
  • Options
    There only seem to be 3 names in the frame, Holland, Weaver and ZZ with Varney and Paddy getting individual mentions.
  • Options
    Ambrose. ;-)
  • Options
    yep ambrose deserves an honourable mention
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ambrose, the only thing i would give him is the cab fare out the club, the most over rated player at the club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Ambrose, the only thing i would give him is the cab fare out the club, the most over rated player at the club
    Argh!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    personally I'd go for ZZ with Holland runner up and Weaver 3rd.

Ambrose certainly does divide opinions on here eh !, you either love him or hate him...
  • Options
    Ambrose or ZZ
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Ambrose, the only thing i would give him is the cab fare out the club, the most over rated player at the club[/quote]
    Argh!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

A forward is menat to lose his marker, Ambrose marked his on saturday, his shorts were as clean as when he went off the pitch as when he went on it, never puts a foot in, tracks back, yea he chips in with the odd goal, but as a midfielder he is lazy, and has no bottle, do yourself a favour and just watch his movement in a game, he goes missing and does want to know,
  • Options
    Can you tell me you would rather have in his position please?
  • Options
    Holland even more so over the last month when others have gone on the missing list.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Can you tell me you would rather have in his position please?
    andy reid;-(
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    This is what i wrote on the other thread, he obviosuly divides opinion but again, its a slating for a player we should be supporting. Especially one who has contributed a lot more this season than most:
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]That's why he seems to score some vital goals. He is just too erratic and infuriating. His best position is just off the striker(s) and ZZ is better at it than him.
    Thats why he "seems" to score vital goals? There is no "seems" about it. He does score vital goals.

I agree on his corners and i think somebody else should take them with him being on the edge of the box as he has the best shot out of all of our players. Maybe he doesnt fly into tackles and run back 90 yards and chase balls down. So what? Is that his job? Is that what he is being told to do?

If you watch the game then you will see that almost everything good we do goes through him and we would be in a far worse position without his 9 goals (and similar number of assists i'd argue) this season. How do you know he doesnt talk to other players? I don't think i can hear any of the players talking to each other.

I think people think to be a decent footballer you need to run around like a headless chicken.

Anyway, keep slating him as usually when it happens he scores the game after.
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]For the record, I don't rate Ambrose either. He's too inconsistent.
    Compared to who?

ZZ who he has score the same amount of goals as?

Sam?

Thomas? Who has scored aboslutely no goals?

What do you propose?
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]And worst of all, when we're losing, he hides A LOT. It's like playing with ten men.
    Much like at Blackpool when we were 2-0 down?

Or Watford when 1-0 down?

Or West Brom in the cup when we were 2-0 down?

I know i'm defending him to the hilt but i just don't understand how our top scorer (after tonight) can be slated?! Especially when there is nobody to replace him, his goals and his assists.
  • Options
    Before he was dropped I would have said Semedo.

Probably Weaver/Holland now though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Can you tell me you would rather have in his position please?[/quote]

A midfield of ZZ,Somedo and Holland keeping it tight at the back, with Sinclair given licence to roam or if u are looking for someone with pace to get to get the line and get the ball in box, how about Cook, have a look at the corners taken by Ambrose on Saturday they were all over the place, he can deliver a ball, no pace, nothing, there are players far better than him, and if he was any sort of player why has he never gone to bigger and better things.
  • Options
    Weaver
  • Options
    Holland or Weaver have been the most consistent above average players for me in Pardew's player soup (keep adding ingredients mate and one day it might serve up something tasty). Sporadically, Ambrose, Big Chris and ZZ follow. Paddy has improved and should be an example to the rest that you need to start playing football well by getting the basics right first.
  • Options
    Good post Sco.....Still think Matt Holland for his commitment alone...as for the Sinclair Cook posts....just dont think Sinclair is ready and think Cook is too lightweight...better off with Club players...Sam, Ambrose, Thomas (even though I think he underperforms) Racon got rave revues at Bristol but hasnt been picked since...ZZ is tired (who wouldnt be?)
  • Options
    weaver
  • Options
    If Weaver gets it then that will mean in the past 7 years the player of the year has gone to a goalkeeper 4 times - D Bent being the attacking player in that time to win it.

If you go further back, since Peacock last won it in 1979 only 4 attacking players have won CAFC Player of the Year.

Says a lot about our football over the years!!
  • Options
    ZZ player of the season head and shoulders more quality than what we have just a shame that we have been unable to give him 20 mins rest at the end of most games due to having such poor replacement on the bench, and games not being closed out
  • Options
    holland all the way for me.
  • Options
    Paddy for me. If nothing else than he has completely turned my, and most others, opinion of him 180 degrees. Holland would be my second choice, followed by ZZ.
  • Options
    STU of SE7