Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Giant Flag Idea

I know there are a few (less and less each day) on here who still back Pards, but can they please not rag on me, this is not directed at you, it's directed at us that want a change. People have been talking about raising money for a giant flag for ZZ. Why not instead get a giant 'Pards Out' banner made (the size of the Derek Hales one). I will happily put in £20 - everyone else say here how much you can put in. A clever idea would be to not brand it Charlton, but have simple white text on black, then when Pards goes we can sell it to the fans of whichever club he next joins and get some or all of our money back. What is the best way to collect the money, how much did the Hales flag cost and how long did it take to make and where from? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Well I think Golfie, Reams & Large will put a score in each :-)
  • Options
    you'd have thought people would learn that sacking a manager isn't always the answer after last season....sadly not!

tell me who you think we should get in to manage our team when your "pards out campaign" works?
  • Options
    hehe, cost about £8k, but I blagged it down to £5.5k

Good luck
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]you'd have thought people would learn that sacking a manager isn't always the answer after last season....sadly not!

tell me who you think we should get in to manage our team when your "pards out campaign" works?

Kinsella as caretaker until the end of the season, then spend the summer getting the right man. Curbishley is a possibility.
  • Options
    Yes but no But... if we get a new "better" manager we might gain promotion and you said the other week we should REFUSE promotion to the premier leage as it was vile.

Ya nut nut.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]you'd have thought people would learn that sacking a manager isn't always the answer after last season....sadly not!

Kinsella as caretaker until the end of the season, then spend the summer getting the right man. Curbishley is a possibility.

instructoart_cuckoo.gif
  • Options
    Can't
    Take
    It
    Anymore
  • Options

Do you know what qualities Kinsella posesses as a manager then? Do you think he has gained enough qualifications to manage a championship team that is 5th in the season? do you think that sacking a manager with 10 games to go is a good way to ensure a play off place? Do you want to see Curbs back at the Valley playing football like he did in the last 2 seasons of his tenure here - with the 'its not pretty but necessary style'?

I agree that there have been some mistakes made this season by Pardew, but surely your expectations are too high for a club of our size to just 'walk ' back up to the premiership without a struggle considering we lost our best players and our confidence? What do you expect? to go up as champions this season and be in European spot this time next year? anything less and you'll be calling for another managers head.

Everyone on this board wants success, thats not even in doubt, but some are more realistic about our steady climb to success rather than an over night one.
  • Options

I am sorry did you say Curbishley ? Your whole campaign has just lost all credibility, let me know how much you end up raising though as I could do with a good laugh at the moment.
  • Options
    oh dear
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please can you move this thread to the correct Category.

Lookie can you create a Pards Out Category for all the dougnuts who post on here :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]I know there are a few (less and less each day) on here who still back Pards, but can they please not rag on me, this is not directed at you, it's directed at us that want a change. People have been talking about raising money for a giant flag for ZZ. Why not instead get a giant 'Pards Out' banner made (the size of the Derek Hales one). I will happily put in £20 - everyone else say here how much you can put in. A clever idea would be to not brand it Charlton, but have simple white text on black, then when Pards goes we can sell it to the fans of whichever club he next joins and get some or all of our money back. What is the best way to collect the money, how much did the Hales flag cost and how long did it take to make and where from? Thank you.

I give up, I really do !!!!......wind up alert.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

I agree that there have been some mistakes made this season by Pardew, but surely your expectations are too high for a club of our size to just 'walk ' back up to the premiership without a struggle considering we lost our best players and our confidence? What do you expect? to go up as champions this sehttp://www.charltonlife.com/forum/
    big inputason and be in European spot this time next year? anything less and you'll be calling for another managers head.

Everyone on this board wants success, thats not even in doubt, but some are more realistic about our steady climb to success rather than an over night one.

come on dont you remember him saying he wanted us to refuse promotion if we won it?
    its just a little laugh he's having with us.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !
  • Options
    some people get so offended by peoples views,what are you like in the real world?
  • Options
    As in the words of Derek and Clive: "Laugh? I nearly ........"
  • Options
    nolly, I haven't commented at all on the pardew/manager situation in the past, and this was the perfect time to put in my tuppenth worth. If you meant me, then I'm not offended by his views, i'm just putting across mine. its constructive debate. If you do'nt have anything worthwhile to say, then how about you dont say anything at all.
  • Options
    was not talking about you love.
  • Options
    anyway back to our away support does anyone think that 2-300 is an appalling turnout at burnley for a club of our stature(20k regular home fans) or am i on my own with these views;-(
  • Options
    thats okay for you then son, wouldnt want to get on sausages bad side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]anyway back to our away support does anyone think that 2-300 is an appalling turnout at burnley for a club of our stature(20k regular home fans) or am i on my own with these views;-(

LOL Oohaah!

You love to make them bite ......... ! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]thats okay for you then son, wouldnt want to get on sausages bad side.

ain't that the truth.
  • Options
    oohaahmortimer are you going??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]oohaahmortimer are you going??
    unfortunately/fortunately got to work
  • Options
    honestly what would qpr palace or watford bring there mate,very few i would think,palace brought less than 200 to cardiff this season,and watford brought less than 1200 to selhurst this season.
  • Options
    Do we have to start another "Let's undermine the club" thread?

All is not perfect - but it's nowhere as bad as some Doomers & Gloomers make out.

Success is not built overnight, regardless of money or the whim of impatient/frustrated supporters.
    At this level, it's not always about the ability and quality of players, either.

And amost all the successful managers had to take time to build their side.
  • Options
    considering the size of our home crowds nolly i think our average away turnout(the whole season) would be similar to these clubs if not less when it should be more
  • Options
    southampton took roughly 150 to burnley ealier on in the campaign to burnley on a tues nite. if it was a saturday game i think it would be apalling but for a tues nite its not apalling
  • Options
    Thanks Oggy. You're the kind of guy I'd want with me in the trenches.

I can't believe some of the tripe people have been posting over the last few days (Weeks if we discount a few days in between the periods of insanity). Really disillusioned with the whole Forum because of stuff like this. If it's about opinions, then I'm at the stage where I think the vast majority of opinions are good for nothing.
  • Options
    the thing is mate people keep giving out stats on other clubs poor away following,chiaddick said saints took 150 to burnley,teams look forward to coming to the valley{i wonder why??} i dont look forward to going to shitholes like burnley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!