Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It may only be tribal football - Sinclair returned to Chelsea ?

edited March 2008 in Rumours
but they say Sinclair has been recalled.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=82852

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

Comments

• Ah well.
  • I'd rather he'd been sent back.
  • edited March 2008
    IF TRUE... Chelsea really do have no idea about football do they? are we just going to chuck an 18 year old kid straight in at a crucial time in the season, just because he's a Chelsea player? what on earth do they expect? not too bothered if he has gone back, obviously an intriguing talent but has shown very little for us except the promise of being the next jerome thomas.
  • In the Mirror too

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/03/12/chelsea-target-martin-is-rreal-talent-89520-20348407/

can't say I'm bothered
  • If he has gone back, then my guess is very much that he has been sent back, not called back.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]IF TRUE... Chelsea really do have no idea about football do they? are we just going to chuck an 18 year old kid straight in at a crucial time in the season, just because he's a Chelsea player? what on earth do they expect? not too bothered if he has gone back, obviously an intriguing talent but has shown very little for us except the promise of being the next jerome thomas.

Also would they want one of their future "stars" playing in our team at the moment, surely it would be detrimental to his development ;-)
  • Well, there is the aspect that Chelsea would want any comment on Sinclair to be dressed up to their advantage.

If Pards considers that Sinclair is no better than what he already has, then there would be no reason to hold on to him.
    But Chelsea wouldn't want to see their young player exposed in the press as inadequate.
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]If he has gone back, then my guess is very much that he has been sent back, not called back.

Why? If you loan a player out it's so he can play, get games and so you can see how he's developing. He won't do that if the team isn't playing him. Plenty of other teams in this league will play him.
    I wouldn't mind betting he moves to another championship side fairly soon.
  • Obviously didn't fit in. No point speculating why.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Obviously didn't fit in. No point speculating why.

why not ? I reckon he had a fight with Jerome as he tried to nick his bird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Read something on Wyn Grant's blog yesterday saying that Sinclair was reported to be suffering from an "unusual problem" and so could not play at the moment...
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Read something on Wyn Grant's blog yesterday saying that Sinclair was reported to be suffering from an "unusual problem" and so could not play at the moment...

a footballer with potential who is actually crap. Hardly unusual is it.
  • Suits all parties really. Didn't do alot and if Chelsea think they can throw weight around they must be more a
    thick than there fans
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite] they must be more a
    thick than there fans
    I think that should be "more thick than their fans" ;-)
  • or "thicker than their fans"
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Read something on Wyn Grant's blog yesterday saying that Sinclair was reported to be suffering from an "unusual problem" and so could not play at the moment...

interestingly he is nowhere to be seen in either Chelsea's first team squad or reserve squad on their website even though all the other young players they have loaned out appear in the first team squad but it states where they are loaned out to. I smell a rat.
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite] they must be more a
    thick than there fans
    I think that should be "more thick than their fans" ;-)
    or more fussy than you,
  • criticism of chelsea and sinclair above but yet again pardew is going to be seen as a mug to many. why bring him in if you are not going to play him? did he watch him play before? etc etc etc
  • I wonder if Fulham are starting to feel the same way about Cook, he could easily be playing regularly for most other Chumpionship sides. To me he's one of the loan players that actually looks like he has something to offer, yet he doesn't even make the bench.
  • none of it smacks of a two year plan; more like a desperate to get a promotion bonus this year panic type of plan
  • Sponsored links:

• i'd second that Peakie, Cook needs action over Sam or Thomas
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Read something on Wyn Grant's blog yesterday saying that Sinclair was reported to be suffering from an "unusual problem" and so could not play at the moment...

a footballer with potential who is actually crap. Hardly unusual is it.

thats just cracked me up!
  • [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]none of it smacks of a two year plan; more like a desperate to get a promotion bonus this year panic type of plan

Agree. A manager with a 'two year plan' of 'building a team' goes out and gets in a load of panic loans. This is why I, unlike many round here, am just not convinced by Pardew.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    C_f_W - i think you'll find a lot of people on here "are not convinced" by Pards. I'm one of them.

I am however convinced that the people saying he should be sacked etc are being well over the top - thats where the difference in opinion on the board comes from.

We have to also remember than loan players can be a lottery - look at when brum went up, i think they had 6/7 players who were loan players. To be fair they played most games though!

Who else is there? Plus he has got West Ham out of the league and arguably made Reading into what they are today. If we are in the asme situation this time next year then maybe i'll be in the Pards Out camp.
  • You sound suprised about the desperation, personally i think it's fully justified. We're about to lose everything due to halfwits dreaming about the 'next level'. Remember those Billy big bolloxs' on here telling the Spurs fans we were a bigger club than them, we're going to be a laughing stock if we don't scrape our way back up.

S.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    We have to also remember than loan players can be a lottery - look at when brum went up, i think they had 6/7 players who were loan players..

You're only allowed 5 in the matchday squad aren't you?
    Birmingham had Bendtner, Larsson and Muamba from the start of the season and they all played virtually every game and they then signed 2 of them. They used the loan system effectively. We have panicked.
  • If this is true its a farce. Surely its the sort of thing that is agreed before the loan deal is concluded. Be interesting to see what story/ies emerge.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    Typical, Warnock will get him and he'll score in the last minute on the last day to take them into the playoffs and keep us out...

Scott The Eagle?
  • it aint happenin my contact at Chelski said so.