Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

These new boots

i have been watching the players that have signed up to these super fast Nike boots and i have even taken to watching players in boots that are not Black.

It doesnt leave that many players really

i have watched players in different clubs via the TV

what stood out for me at Charlton on saturday was the amount of p**s poor first touches there were.

I personally got highly frustrated with the lack of quality on display and i have a theory it is these bloody new boots.

They are like wearing patent shoes
I for one could noyt believe that Scott Sinclair came so highly rated he looked like he had never had to control a ball that was not inch perfect.

JT has these stoopid boots and has lost that first touch that takes him away from players at an instant.

I dont think Ronaldo has scored any where near as prolifically since getting these boots in January.

Lennon has not looked the same player

Walcott is the exception scoring 2 premier league goals in these boots and they are the only league goals he has scored.

On saturday watch how many players wearing these new Nike boots actualy have a first touch or score a goal

I feel that as a club we need to bring back the addidas black boot from the 90's which was heavy enough to protect and light enough for Owen to be electrically quick and the 1st touch of those players was good enough.

ban the gold boot

Comments

• Options
    Call me old fashioned, but if i see a player wearing noticeable boots like that, i immediately think 'arrogant, thinks he's better than he is' without even knowing anything about the player.

If you're going to make yourself stand out from the crowd, then you've got to be sure that you're better than the crowd.

If i was a manager, i would insist on black boots only. Some of the berks in my sunday side who wear white boots are useless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    If i was a manager, i would insist on black boots only. Some of the berks in my sunday side who wear white boots are useless.

I thought you were a Manager ?

Your motivation techniques for your players are worse than Pardews :-)
  • Options
    Which boots are these nla? Is it a particular new Nike boot you mean, or is it any coloured boot? Are Sinclair, Thomas, Lennon, Ronaldo all wearing the same Nike boot?
  • Options
    They have all got theese bloody Orange Nike boot Lookie

that allegedly are the fastest boots out there.

The other coloured boots just make players look stupid but these things are ridiculously shiney and ridiculously light and they can not give purchase to the ball as well as a normal football boot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    that allegedly are the fastest boots out there.

I bet if Reid wore them they wouldn't be that fast!!
  • Options
    Call me ignorant, but how can one boot be 'faster' than another one?
  • Options
    Kets, the white-booted Jessie-clique are bringing my club down at an alarming rate. No one is swallowing my 2-year plan any more.

Redarmy_Se7 is one of the main culprits :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Call me ignorant, but how can one boot be 'faster' than another one?

" Speed can be everything in the modern game. Everyone is looking for it but not everyone can find it" Eric Cantona

What helps Ronaldo and Henry sprint faster, further and more frequently then any other players in the game? Designed for explosive accelerations that leave defenders guled to the spot. Our lightest and fastest boot ever. A perfect fit for players who rely on speed and finesse to punish the oppostion.

Comfort Upper: - The MVIII upper is made from a new revolutionary Teijin synthetic. This allows the upper to truly conform, adjust and then retain the optimum foot shape for the wearer. This ‘Comfort Intelligence’ gives the boot the perfect ‘second skin’ fit every player is seeking.

Comfort Heel: - The MVIII also benefits from an exposed ‘Heel Cup’ which is designed to perfectly cradle the heel and give maximum comfort to players at the highest performance levels.

Rear Stabilizer: - The MVIII also has a lightweight Carbon heel wrap which perfectly distributes impact during heel strike for maximum protection and balance.

Speed Last: - The MVIII is faster and more flexible than all previous Nike Vapor Mercurial models. This is achieved with the construction of the new ‘Speed Last’ which perfectly contours the anatomic curves of the foot for sublime comfort and maximum speed advantage.

Speed Acceleration: - The MVIII comes in a choice of two separate soleplates. The Firm Ground model features direct inject studs for perfect multi-directional traction. The Soft Ground MVIII benefits from the use of the traditional round screw-in stud for instant grip and acceleration on soft natural surfaces.
  • Options
    Thanks, WSS - now I understand. Maybe.
  • Options
    they don't put in the disclaimer that the boot will not provide protection against tackles in the metatarsal area.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2008
    4B
    Bring Back Black Boots
  • Options
    Glad someone bought this up actually as Id been thinking exactly the same thing...fair enough if they are scientifically proven, but Im sure if they were that good, they would do the same job in black.....makes players stand out too much...especially when having a shocker!
  • Options
    "No one is swallowing my 2-year plan any more."

Don't you mean 2 inch plank?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Kets, the white-booted Jessie-clique are bringing my club down at an alarming rate. No one is swallowing my 2-year plan any more.

Redarmy_Se7 is one of the main culprits :-)

LOL Smudge.

As for boots making you faster utter drivel. Another unfounded claim following on from the Fad of Adidas ten years ago claiming their boots would make you into some sort of free kick expert with the predator boot. What makes Henry faster than most people is well he's faster than most people end of story f**k all to do with footware.

Every real footballer knows that the Black Adidas Copa Mondials are the best boot on the market & only £50 a pair.
  • Options
    I remember when i played football when i was about 10, my mum didnt think i'd carry on playing so she bought me a pair of boots from a charity shop that were made out of kangaroo skin.

They were so heavy and crap. They didnt make me hop around either which was pretty disappointing.

Got a pair of puma kings after that and stuck with adidas ever since.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I remember when i played football when i was about 10, my mum didnt think i'd carry on playing so she bought me a pair of boots from a charity shop that were made out of kangaroo skin.

Believe it or not Westside the First boots ever to use Kangaroo hide were made by ...wait for it... Joma. I used to have a pair ever so comfy but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ha, I found this review of the boot:
    TeamSean's Ratings

Type Of Boot Moulded
    Comfort 3/10
    Style 10/10
    Performance Enhancement 9/10
    Value for money 4/10
    Overall value 6/10

TeamSean's recommendation

Good Points
    The boot does what it's designed for, a light-weight boot for a fast paced player. The sturdy heel provides an excellent pivot point while stepping a defender in quick motion, providing the needed protection from defenders left behind hacking at your heels. The tight fit gives the impression that the wearer is playing with Sprinter Spikes. The studs are positioned to gain maxium traction on a firm surface.

Bad Points
    The narrow fit limits the market for the boot. Possible consumers with a wide fit looking for a boot of its caliber, will be disappointed by its sophicating make. The material around the foot is thin, providing little to no protection for the wearer.

General Comments
    I have purchased the Nike MVIII's and am currently adjusting to the overall performance of the boot. I like to curve my shots and I am finding it difficult to find a balance between curve, power and accuracy with this new fit. It seems as if the Nike MVIII were designed for one thing, and that being Power. No doubt, power surges with every pace and shot, though skill is a trait attackers love to use when beating defenders and I am finding skill hard to apply when the ball does not want to stay at my feet.

No doubt, this guy takes his boots seriously! But that last line speaks to exactly what you're saying nla.
  • Options
    On Saturday I couldn't actually believe I was watching two of 'our' players wearing those dreadful orange efforts.

Thankfully they were both loanees so technically not our players!!!
  • Options
    beat me to it nla, i hate these hyper dyper orange boots, and on sat i was saying that i was going to start a rant post off about them! Black boots only i say, as afka says the arrogance just oooozes when they play in them! When white boots ca,e out thats when i knew that footvball was changing for the worst!
  • Options
    Puma Kings are the best boots around simple as.

I hate coloured boots, I own a pair of silver ones becuase there was bugger all else in the shop that I could get my feet into.

When I saw a player with a pair of predators or non black boots I would straight away make them a target for one of my more meatier challenges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, that Darren Bent geezer is shit, with his dumb coloured boots.
  • Options
    But he would be even less shit if he wore black boots!
  • Options
    Can you make comments like that? Maybe ask the diversity teacher!!
  • Options
    See I never expected any responses for this thread i thought it was just me being miserable and ageing.

Fergie has Banned all boots with blades upto the under 18 team he wanted to ban it out right through the whole club but was not allowed due to corperate intivention and increasing player power that was brought to the fore front by David beckham and the Addidas Predator Blade boots.

The blades were banned due to increased injury of younger players on ligaments in knees and ankles and some horific cut injuries recieved by players when the blade has cut the skin during a tackle.

Our own team Charlton also has the same policy on blades so Johnny H told me on the stadium tour .

Now Henners as fan director leaving soon wouldnt it be good if your last input was to rid all of us the paying public of the worst trait in football since Scotty Parker held us to ransom.

Put forward the notion that it has been brought to the attention of the fans " the real football gurus" as Pards has lost it apparently so his opinion no longer counts, That Orange Nike football boots are crap and do not allow any control any degree of improvement to technique and make the players wearing them look exceptionally STUPID.

from all of us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Can you make comments like that? Maybe ask the diversity teacher!!

I'm puzzled as to what I can actually say to be truthful mate!!

Apparently I can't call one of my subbies 'Paddy' anymore as he is Irish and it may upset someone listening to me!

His name is Pat for crying out loud. And why are people listening eh? Eavesdroppers never hear owt good about themselves I was once told.
  • Options
    yeah those orange boots are just vile but doesn't cristiano ronaldo wear them and for me he is the best player in the world at the moment...

puma king all day long for me
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited March 2008
    he sure is oooh aaaah, but no excuse for orange boots, as you say, vile......

ginger is like the worst colour!
  • Options
    but since he inherited his dirty ginger or gold boots he aint scored as frequently as he did b4 them
  • Options
    i think in the first game ronaldo wore them he didn't like them and put on different boots and got a hatrick!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Call me old fashioned, but if i see a player wearing noticeable boots like that, i immediately think 'arrogant, thinks he's better than he is' without even knowing anything about the player.

If you're going to make yourself stand out from the crowd, then you've got to be sure that you're better than the crowd.

This comment had slipped by me until now, I'd like to assure my manager that my new boots shall most definately be old style Puma Kings or Adidas Copa Mundials!