Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

spurs out of uefa cup on penalties

how bad a penalty was chimbonda's .... that was so poor , it looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life.... darren bent scored one in the shoot out, in off the post , quality...

Comments

• Options
    yeah watched benty score his pen, i was never in doubt

everton out too on pens
  • Options
    gutted... :-)

Now if darren bent had taken the last penalty i wouldn't be so happy but .... Yes!
  • Options
    Hahahahaha

Good, that might shut the plastic divs up round my way.

Been to shite hart less times between 12 of them than I have and I hate them.
  • Options
    relieved benty put his away... doesn't need any more stick the poor guy
  • Options
    Good, only English team I wasnt supporting in Europe this season.

Their season is well and truely over.
  • Options
    anyone else nervous for Benty before he took his ?

Funny old folk us football fans.....
  • Options
    Absolutely nervous.

So pleased to see him stick it away confidently!
  • Options
    terrified AFKA!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]anyone else nervous for Benty before he took his ?

noway, no question in my mind.
  • Options
    Was also relieved when the PSV player missed his chance from 6 yards out when Bent was playing him onside!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]anyone else nervous for Benty before he took his ?

yep i was bricking it ... i even stood up b4 he took it cos i was nervous 4 him and cheered.... officially a weirdo!!
  • Options
    fantastic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]Good, only English team I wasnt supporting in Europe this season.

I don't understand that especially as Spurs have more English players in their team than most and have an ex-Charlton player who you'd surely want to do well.
  • Options
    I hate Spurs more than any other team, cant stand them. But thats because of my past, ignore me. Of course I want Bent to do well but Spurs have hardly done wonders for him in a Chelsea/Scott Parker kind of way, hopefully he will move to West Ham (if Curbs is still there) in the summer which he should of done last summer.
  • Options
    Yid-doh!
  • Options

Nope, couldn't give a toss. He plays for spurs now, if he had blazed his pen over the bar I would have been delighted!!

Like Frank Butcher, I also dislike spurs!
  • Options
    Yeah we went out but the trip wasnt wasted - I can now say I was there when Didier Zokora scored. Thats about a rare an event as John Jensen scoring the Arsenal...

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my experience of the whole trip...

Managed to get to Gatwick ok for my 9.40am flight but boarding was delayed by an hour due to "operational difficulties". As we were about to take off, the Captain told us there was a force 9 gale in the Netherlands and was centred on Amsterdam. Now AFKA will tell you that I'm probably the worst flyer in the world - I just cant stand flying. Bearing in mind this was my first ever solo flight too...you can imagine how I was feeling as the plane hurtled down the runway...

...Anyhow, the first 35mins of the flight was ok and to be honest, I'd got quite into the new book I was reading then everything changed. Subtle turbulence turned into the worst rollercoaster ride of my life. The remaining 20 minutes I honestly thought I was going to die. It was horrific. I'm sure my life flashed past my eyes a few times.

Landed, straight through passport control and got on a train to Amsterdam Central to meet my two mates. Met up with them, had two beers then checked in at the hotel, then within 10 minutes, headed for Amsterdam Central station again for the hour trip to Eindhoven.

Got on the Eindhoven train, which was supposed to be direct, first stop Utrecht. Didnt think nothing of it until we noticed we were the only ones left on the train. My friend asked the nearest passenger who just got on whether it was going to Eindhoven and he said it was being dirveted back to Amsterdam. So we quickly bundled off the train.

We later discovered that the heavy winds had pulled down some signals between Utrecht and Eindhoven so that put paid to us getting there direct.

So, off we head into Utrecht Station. Bumped into another small group of Spurs fans who had been on the same train and we collered some PSV fans. Thanks to them, they managed to get us to the game with only minutes to spare. So what was supposed to be about an hour on the train turned into four hours of literally zigzagging across the Netherlands on trains to places you wouldnt of even heard of...via Arneham and Den Bosch (well thats what it sounded like) and we made it into the ground just seconds before kick off.

If it wasnt for the PSV fans that we befriended, we would never have made it and I honestly hope that they go on and win the UEFA cup now because of that.

Given the hour difference and the game went to pens, we didnt get out of the stadium til Midnight then got bundled on a train back to Amsterdam. For some reason, the emergency cord got pulled within 5 minutes of the train pulling out the station and then the train got invaded with riot police. Finally got going again and got back to Amsterdam around 2.30am.

So only got to see 5 mins of Eindhoven and about 3 hours of Amsterdam the whole time I was there having flown back home yesterday lunchtime (and I can honestly say the whole experience has now cured my phobia of flying!)

So there you go. Moral of the story - Dont let Chimbonda or Jenas take penalties...dont moan about travelling to Burnley on a wet Tuesday night...why do we put ourselves through all this...
  • Options
    Nice tale mate....

Wait till you hear about our coach tomorrow ending up in Harwich......
  • Options
    John, do you want to hear my stories from Blackpool? If Smudge has gone to bed it won't get sunk!!