Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So we are shi* so what ?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Been sh*t for the last 3 seasons really. Been much much worse before. Never understood many of Curbs tactics (if there were any !!) or his substitions but we had 8 yeras in the top flight. I cant go 2 that many games these days but not matter how sh*t we are (and boy we have been this season) i miss it like hell when i havnt been for awhile. although this has much more to do with mates being there than the football. Ill still go when im about and ill still be going long long after the very faint glimmer of the play offs have gone away.

ITS CHARLTON FFS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT !!!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah its Charlton and we love it really
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]ITS CHARLTON FFS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT !!!

exactly gh.

when we were sitting pretty in the prem can you believe that people actually thought it would be in charlton's best interests to lose the manager who was moving us forward slowly on a shoestring,bring in a couple of duffs then try to sell us that going down would be a good idea!

still,i hope they have enjoyed the last couple of years.
  • Options
    There were people who said last year that a year in the CCC would be good for us.

My argument at the time was that it would be easier to escape relegation from the Prem than get 'guaranteed' promotion from the CCC.

We finished 4 points from safety last year.
    At the moment we're 11 points from promotion.

Still, the 'nailed on' certs for promotion are all having a shitty time, too:

'Best footballing side in the division, today beaten at home 1-4 by a bottom 3 side who've barely won since Xmas.
    Top of the league Bristol City, stuttered to a couple of draws and lost at home today.

Watford - haven't won a match since God knows when, limping along with draws.
    Stoke haven't won in 5.

It's not just us, folks .......
  • Options
    Could be even worse, ask a Gillingham supporter.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Could be even worse, ask a Gillingham supporter.....

or Rochdale. 34 consecutive years in division 4 (old money)
  • Options
    I remember going to Spotland (great name for a ground!) to see Charlton beat Rochdale 2-0.
    Old Division III, must have been 1973.

Back on topic:

The 6 teams in the playoff positions this morning - not one win today between the lot of them.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The 6 teams in the playoff positions this morning - not one win today between the lot of them.........
    I think this sums up the championship this season. I think there will be a new reord for the lowest points total to make the automatic places and the play offs. Such a shame we couldn't put a run together at the right time.
  • Options
    Never has it been more true that it is better to have points on the board than games in hand, because any game could seemingly go any way.

A friend of mine supports Wolves and says they're pretty poor as well, so our game with them could be a classic...
  • Options
    Trouble is if we concede the first goal we may as well walk off the pitch. In games where we have conceded the first goal:

Won 1
    Drawn 3
    Lost 11
  • Options
    That'll be the 'character' and 'resilience' that Pards often talks about...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]ITS CHARLTON FFS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT !!!

exactly gh.

when we were sitting pretty in the prem can you believe that people actually thought it would be in charlton's best interests to lose the manager who was moving us forward slowly on a shoestring,bring in a couple of duffs then try to sell us that going down would be a good idea!

still,i hope they have enjoyed the last couple of years.

yeah but it was stale under curbs and we would've gone down if he stayed look at how the players that got 47 premiership points under curbs in his last season failed in the last few games that year.
    anyway curbs has gone and the long stint under dowie gave him time to prove he was no good
    and les reed was a charlton man but it didn't work out
    we've got pards and his 4 year plan in place now and things are looking up , we're in a tough league now and you might be able to buy the premiership title but we're proving you can't buy the championship
    so i'd rather stay in this competitive league for a few more years cos it's exciting
    the only way is up
  • Options
    Oooaaah, that's 2 positive posts from you this week ;o)
    ..... but you're absolutely right!

Love your phrase, "........ we're in a tough league now and you might be able to buy the premiership title but we're proving you can't buy the championship........"
  • Options
    i've joined the loony gang oggy;-)
  • Options
    Welcome, Ooohaaah to the funny farm.

It might still be sh*t but it never seems quite as bad ..... :o)
  • Options
    on that note oggy i'll retire to the bedroom and dream of our 10 straight victories that will take us up this year via the play offs!!