Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whos contract is up at the end of the season ?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone know ?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Kelly Youga,
    Matt Holland
    Ben Thatcher
    Rob Elliott
    Cory Gibbs

I must be sad to remember this while I'm round my GF's house waiting for her to get ready ;o(
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    4 of them can go.
  • Options
    keep Kelly, Matty and you know for a fact if Cory joins another english team, he´ll be a quality all present next season.

have to keep those three.

thatcher not intested in. rob elliot never played
  • Options
    But Rob Elliott good enough to be trusted with the sub keeper role in the CCC.
    Otherwise, yup you guessed it, Pards would have got another loanee in.

And Rob Elliott is a Charlton supporter same as us.

Don't you want a fellow Addick to get the chance to play for HIS team.....?
  • Options
    Todorov (we've missed him) and Powell are also out of contract in the summer.

Powell will probably get a full time coaching deal. Hopefully Todorov will get himself fit enough to play again - I just don't think it'll be with us.
  • Options
    I think it would be silly to let Elliott go, as we would then have to buy a 3rd choice keeper which doesn't make sense. Better to keep him and loan him out next season, unless there is someone better coming through the youth team.

Todorov will probably be sacrificed to free up some wages, as will Thatcher.
  • Options
    Youth team keeper, Joe Woolley, is being let go.
  • Options
    I would have said Thatcher was a positive yesterday.

He put in some full blooded tackles of the type that many on here have been calling for.
  • Options
    When does Pard's contract run out?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I would have said Thatcher was a positive yesterday.

He put in some full blooded tackles of the type that many on here have been calling for.

Problem is he is probably on a large wage, so I reckon he might be released to free up of the wage bill
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]When does Pard's contract run out?

Not sure, but if we don't go up before the parachute money runs out then I wonder if they can afford to keep paying him as much as they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thatch had a good game, their right winger looked terrified of him too
  • Options
    He certainly saw us coming, bet he's on a nice fat contract regardless of securing promotion!
    If they let players go for being on prem wages then hopefully they will do the same for the manager!
  • Options
    I maybe wrong but I understood one of Mr Pardews criteria for taking the job was to have a Prem style travel budget. Flights etc.

If we need to budget then lets look at what our competitors do in this league and be reasonable and cut this if necessary. Even if it puts Pards nose out. And he cant argue that its added to some great away performances can he.
  • Options
    We're all disappointed by the team's recent results - and no doubt Pards is too.
    But he's the manager and the buck stops right with him.

But he doesn't strike me as just here to punch his time out.

He needs promotion for Charlton to advance his own career, as desperately as we all do as a club financially and our pride as supporters.

Pards won't want to be considered a failure - especially at Championship level.