Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Early morning managerial rumours...

edited March 2008 in Rumours
From the BBC:

Charlton have said they would welcome former manager Alan Curbishley back to The Valley if he is sacked as West Ham boss. (News of the World)

Comments

• Paul Mortimer must be worried when he reads that!
  • cheap reporting
  • [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Paul Mortimer must be worried when he reads that!

Sorry why? Don't remember them not getting on.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Paul Mortimer must be worried when he reads that![/quote]

Sorry why? Don't remember them not getting on.[/quote]

because he is the manager of the charlton women and curbs would be considered for that role. oh never mind!!
  • Can`t see the board wanting go down the road of sacking another manager so soon after the Dowie / Reed fiasco. Anyway. Why would we want to get rid of Pards ? He has changed so much at the valley in terms of playing staff in just over a year and I expect the board knew it wasn`t necessarily an overnight job getting promotion. If things ain`t more rosey this time next year then perhaps they might start to wonder. Even then I think any manager deserves three or four years. inc Dowie and Reed to be honest.
  • i agree the first years under curbs weren't great, pards will get in right in the end as long as the muppets booing him shut up.
  • Curbs should come back he could come back in replacement of Peter Varney