Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Wolves win tonight...

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2008
    I can here Rothko, AFKA (edit!) and NLA pounding their way over to this thread...;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]and our manager tells us we have been unlucky, does he not realise we attend matches and are not blind, stop taking us for mugs

Well i wasn't at Burnley, i listened on the radio, and Steve Brown commentating (who is always very honest), said we were very unlucky to come away with nothing. That was then backed up by Burnley fans posts the next day.

At Ipswich, we had a fair chunk of possession, had the ball in the net three times, hit the woodwork, and conceded a freak goal. We weren't brilliant on Saturday, but were unlucky to lose IMO.

Preston we got what we deserved.
  • Options
    I think that we will win Friday, go on a run and get second place.

See how i perk up as the day progresses.
  • Options
    silly silly boy
  • Options
    I think we are going to get beat on Friday. We don't have the defence to cope with their strikeforce nor do we have the strikers to outscore them.

It will probably be a very entertaining game with a few goals but would expect a score similar to when we played up there 1-3 or 2-4.

Really hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]and our manager tells us we have been unlucky, does he not realise we attend matches and are not blind, stop taking us for mugs[/quote]

Well i wasn't at Burnley, i listened on the radio, and Steve Brown commentating (who is always very honest), said we were very unlucky to come away with nothing. That was then backed up by Burnley fans posts the next day.

At Ipswich, we had a fair chunk of possession, had the ball in the net three times, hit the woodwork, and conceded a freak goal. We weren't brilliant on Saturday, but were unlucky to lose IMO.

Preston we got what we deserved.[/quote]

We lacked passion and commitment at Ipswich, and Burnley, we pass the ball to death play with one man up front and have no urgencey it doesnt matter how many times u hit the bar or how many goals you get disallowed it counts for nothing, by having three goals ruled out that tells me that the players arent reading the game properly. Nothing to be proud of
  • Options
    I honestly can't see Charlton not making the play offs. Wolves, Hull and Plymouth are shite, Ipswich only perform at home and Palace are a nothing team. Its still achievable,
  • Options
    Just hope West brom don't start with Phillips and Gera and choose to rest them as they have done previously. Phillips is a striker that i greatly admire. I would swap a few of ours for him. True professional who gives 100%. Our 20 forwards could learn from him, as can our 15 midfielders from Matty Holland.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]I honestly can't see Charlton not making the play offs. Wolves, Hull and Plymouth are shite, Ipswich only perform at home and Palace are a nothing team. Its still achievable,[/quote]

Hull and Plymouth have great form at the moment, Ipswich only win at home, that as maybe, but its more than we do, what you are forgeting is that our mob are low on confidence, i think we all have to accept that it is not happening this season
  • Options
    WIWLB
    After WBA (which I think is winnable - Leicester beat them 4-1 on their own ground) look at our remaining fixtures.

Wolves H
    Plymouth A
    Southampton H
    QPR A
    Barnsley A
    Coventry H

There are 18 points there for the taking. How many of those aren't winnable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]We lacked passion and commitment at Ipswich, and Burnley, we pass the ball to death play with one man up front and have no urgencey it doesnt matter how many times u hit the bar or how many goals you get disallowed it counts for nothing, by having three goals ruled out that tells me that the players arent reading the game properly. Nothing to be proud of

Two of the goals where clearly onside though. Can't blame the players for poor linesmen.
  • Options
    the way we are playin 6
  • Options
    Wolves H :Will be tough they will come down for the draw.

Plymouth A :Certainly wont be easy, best ways a draw

Southampton H : Winnable, but then so was Colchester,Preston and QPR at home

QPR A: In my opinion the hardest game in the run in

Barnsley A: Winnable, could go one of two ways if they win their semi final they could all be up for it to get a place in the starting eleven for the final or hold back.

Coventry H WInnable

My forecast for the remainder of the season is that we will win two more games, Soton and Coventry, with draws at Barnsley and at home with WBA and Wolves. Loses at QPR and Plymouth.

us an extra nine points, alot of people may disagree but i am going on past and recent performances
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]We lacked passion and commitment at Ipswich, and Burnley, we pass the ball to death play with one man up front and have no urgencey it doesnt matter how many times u hit the bar or how many goals you get disallowed it counts for nothing, by having three goals ruled out that tells me that the players arent reading the game properly. Nothing to be proud of[/quote]

Two of the goals where clearly onside though. Can't blame the players for poor linesmen.[/quote]

I didnt see the players challenging the decision given againest the offsides, did you, if there was some kind of controversey then why werent the players protesting ???
  • Options
    Next two games are crucial as they are teams around us. However we will lose both which means it's game over.

Yeah I'd love to sit here and say we have a chance but we really don't. We struggle for goals and there is no way we will stop these teams scoring. We have to be realistic and say we have done nothing recently to suggest we can beat teams like Wolves and West Brom.
  • Options
    Looks like the Doomers & Gloomers are having their fun at the moment ........
    I can't work out if they love being proved they were right or just enjoy wallowing in their own misery.

Sure, our results have been desperately disappointing - but it's not just us, you know.

Not one of last Saturday morning's top 6 won that day, not one - including West Brom being walloped at home by a bottom 3 team that had won just once since Christmas.

Bristol City last won 5 games ago.
    Stoke, top of the League (somehow): 1 win in 5 games.
    Watford: last scraped a win 7 games ago.
    West Brom: 2 wins in 7 games.

Of the chasing pack, take Plymouth for example. They got a brilliant result at Bristol City last Saturday and everybody on here is saying they are a much better team than us. Maybe ........ except they lost to, erm, Scunthorpe last week and in fact lost 3 out of 4 before that. Their only win against a hopelessly adrift Colchester side already resigned to relegation. Promotion form?

Hull City are the form team. We beat them 2-1 away and when they came to our ground, they were a rough old side. Christ, they did't even want to play, timewasting from almost the 1st minute.
    But they last lost only 3 games ago so hardly sweeping all before them.

So all the teams above us are barely striking any semblence of promotion form. Even Hull must be running out of doomed relegation fodder to play by now.

We've got 3 tough matches coming up, starting with West Brom on Friday.
    Charlton's confidence is going to be fragile. But which Charlton are we going to see - the team that turned out against Preston or the team that beat Stoke or Palace?

It could be the boo-ers who decide in the first 5 minutes ...........
  • Options
    Good post Oggy.

I prefer the glass half full approach.

We will end the season where we desrve to be whether thats in the top six or not. Wherever we finish we will still support the team and move on to next season in either the Prem or the fizzies.

COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    Cheers, SA.

That's what SUPPORTING your team is all about it.

Even if results are crap at the moment, it's a bit easier to bear if you're not moaning all the time.

Good runs don't last for ever and nor do bad runs - things will change but in the meantime everybody will have a lot more fun if they just lighten up a bit.

And you never know -the team may just respond to that, as well.

The match tomorrow ....... have some FUN!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Cheers, SA.

That's what SUPPORTING your team is all about it.

Even if results are crap at the moment, it's a bit easier to bear if you're not moaning all the time.

Good runs don't last for ever and nor do bad runs - things will change but in the meantime everybody will have a lot more fun if they just lighten up a bit.

And you never know -the team may just respond to that, as well.

The match tomorrow ....... [b]have some FUN![/b][/quote]

Oggy its a forum in which means people are here to voice their opinions, if we all had the same mind set it would be a very boring board, have supported charlton in the dark dark days, and traveled thousands of miles, spending thousands of pounds all i ask is for the team to give a passion a bit of passion and fight i dont mind losing its how u lose,
  • Options
    Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions. But the sheer weight of negativity on here is oppressive.
    It's a self feeding habit.

Are people going to take their negativity to the match tomorrow?

If they are, then that's worth a goal start to West Brom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WIWALB>

I actually thought the team have fought for the last 2 or 3 games and have been unlucky to come away with not even a point. Ipswich, the tried, they were arguably the better side, but it wasn't their day. same with Preston, and Burnley didn't sound to bad on the radio, (I wasn't there so can't comment properly) but it sounded quite positive, and I felt positive till i came on here and read the doom and gloom!

I think the team are trying, its just not rubbing off for them, whether thats their fault, whether thats the managers fault, that doesn't matter, us fans shouldn't be to blame, and we should get behind the team from the off tomorrow!!!!

I'm starting to get excited!
  • Options
    Didn't look to me like they tried much v Preston.
  • Options
    There were very trying
  • Options
    Suzi how can you say the team tried againest Preston ,it was the worst performance since Wycombe in the cup,
  • Options
    ok, i got that game wrong....!
  • Options
    That's true humility, Suzi ...... I'm impressed! ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]ok, i got that game wrong....!

I'm glad you corrected yourself suz as that was one of the worst games i have seen in following Charlton over the past 32 years.
  • Options
    Sod wolves hate them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Sod wolves hate them

me too, w@ kers so they are.
  • Options
    I am confused by some of this! Is it 4 wins in 19? God we must be unlucky or shit? You choose?