Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL: Charlton v West Brom (and your previews)

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Another tough encounter for the struggling Addicks; the fixture list is certainly not making life any easier for Charlton, who enter this game in the bottom three of the form guide, with just one win, one draw and four defeats in the past six games.

West Brom arrive with marginally better form, though two wins, two draws and two defeats is hardly flexing their automatic promotion credentials.

Goals are what West Brom do well however; 73 of the beauties from their 37 league games, 12 more than the second highest scoring team (Stoke).

Despite recent criticism of the lack of scoring prowess, Charlton surprisingly remain the team second behind West Brom in total number of shots; Charlton’s 53 league goals have come from 565 shots, which compares very differently from Stoke’s economical 61 goals from 399 shots.

So will Charlton’s wayward striking find its target ? Will the Baggies keep on boing boinging the ball into the back of the net ?

How do you see the game going ? Click an option below and share you thoughts. Any Baggies reading, please share you thoughts as well.

Comments

• Options
    BOUNCY BOUNCY GETS THE BETTER OF BOING BOING

Think we will bounce back with a scrappy 3 points gained. Go 2-0 up and then they'll score with 20mins to go and we'll be crapping ourselves for the rest of the game.

Gray and Lita for us.
  • Options
    I see us winning this 3-1. There are definately goals in our locker as well, how it hasn't come out is a mystery, but Lita, Gray and Varney are all more than capable.

Just hope West Brom's concentration is elsewhere. Like us, i can see then regretfully finishing the season looking at teams above them who aren't anywhere near as good as them.

Its sh*t or bust for us now, this hopefully will be the one to bring it all together.
  • Options
    I've got the funniest feeling we will win this one, Ill go for 3-1 to us, Lita, ZZ and Varney for us and Phillips for them.
  • Options
    I am expecting another entertaining draw like the Cup game here.
  • Options
    Only see one winner here sadly. They are more settled and better than us, plus they are playing for Wembley places. 0-1
  • Options
    As good as WBA maybe going forward, we have the defence to snuff them out. Their defence is a bit suspect as well.

4-0 (Varney x 2, Ambrose and Iwelumo)
  • Options
    We win 4-3 Gray hatrick and we can all get excited again until the next debacle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]We win 4-3 Gray hatrick and we can all get excited again until the next debacle

Bit early to be drinking mate?

I am surprised by everyones optimisim, I can see nothing but a walloping for us.
  • Options
    I can see a 2-0 Addicks win, West Brom are strong but I'm hoping the fact we've finally dropped out the play off places has woken the boys up. I think losing and still being in there hasn't really had the desired effect thus far.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    PHILLIPS SCREW DRIVER

Kevin Phillips missed out on the 6-0 drubbing his team received after being caught in a compromising position with the teams coach driver. Phillips agent was unavailable for comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-2 we'll take the lead, fail miserably (as usual) to hold onto the lead then they will score two quick goals.
  • Options
    We've played them twice and lost twice so far, I hope the players remember that and that it motivates them to get a win.
  • Options
    Sadly I don't think we will test Kiely tomorrow. West Brom usually score so I can't see anything other than a defeat.
  • Options
    Were bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy
    la la lala la

3 nil home win lots of hard tackles to the front men early scaring them with the possibilty of an injury b4 wembley

Charlton to Roar to victory 2nd spot here we come
  • Options
    I hate being the voice of doom! but ...

3-1 to WBA :-(
  • Options
    Don't worry cafc_79 you not the only one - I've gone for 2-1 to WBA
  • Options
    TBH i can see a win for this game to us. However my feeling is C MON lets make the play offs
  • Options
    i am doing a bet 2mo charlton to win 3-1
  • Options
    Home win for me too,2-0 with Lita and Ambrose scoring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 - 1 victory for the addicks!

ZZ will score one.
  • Options
    Home win. Can't predict the score but as long as we win.

Couldn't give a shit if it's a scrappy 1-0 or a flowing performance and 4-0.

Today the result is more important than the performance.

COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    Heart and head moment for me.
    Heart say's 1-0 in whatever way we can. Head say's 1-2 as they are too good for us, even with their injuries they still have a team who have 'gelled' and can always score. It's only because we are home i'm giving us a goal.
    Wow, i'm cheery this bank holiday.
  • Options
    my prediction: i will be hammered
  • Options
    They score goals
    We don't score goals
    They let them in
    We let them in
    Obvious 1-2 and we'll score first, just to make it worse
  • Options
    Weaver

YASSIN McCarthy Sodje Thatcher

Ambrose ZZ Holland Thomas

Gray Lita.

Would put Varney in but looks like he's injured :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]1-2 we'll take the lead, I'll write miserably (as usual) ......... .

;o)
  • Options
    Get Cook in for Thomas.