Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Semedo factor

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
For me the central pairing of Holland and ZZ isn't working, despite the strong merits of both players.

If you think Semedo should be playing in midfield for us, then who makes way and who else would you select in midfield?

Comments

• Options
    Well it has to be Holland in that scenario doesnt it?

No point in having Semedo and Holland playing in my opinion.

Or you go diamond midfield with Semedo at the back, holland and ZZ in the middle and Ambrose as the tip of it.

Bloody narrow though.
  • Options
    If you want that route you'd have to play Moo2 for width.
  • Options
    Moo2 has to play. He's young, gets forward and has plenty of potential. There must be something about him if all them top clubs who were looking at him in the summer...

I like Semedo, our best run came when he was in the side. He does the simple things well and does his job. Ambrose best position is behind the strikers. So a diamond formation could well work. Not like our wingers actually cross right now anyway they all cut inside.
  • Options
    Semedo with a tight three in front of Ambrose, Holland, ZZ
  • Options
    our results since semedo has been dropped are atrocious
  • Options
    Or since Reid's last match. Did I say that ..... ? ;o)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Is there still a website where you can see a team's results when certain players are in the team compared to when they are not?
  • Options
    I think Semedo is class, cant understand why he isnt in Pardew's favourites....
  • Options
    cos he thinks Holland is better, he does after all have a lot of years of experience at topish level don't he... perhaps too much...
  • Options
    I like Semedo, seems Pardew doesn't tho!