Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom injury news

From the Express & Star:

Albion defender Leon Barnett was today ruled out for tomorrow’s trip to Charlton as striker Sherjill MacDonald joined The Hawthorns injury list.

Scans on Barnett’s hamstring injury have revealed damage he sustained in the 4-1 defeat to Leicester is not serious.

But the centre-back will still not be fit in time to face the Addicks tomorrow.

Meanwhile, MacDonald is due for surgery in the next few days to repair damaged cartilage although his rehabilitation period is only expected to last for a couple of weeks.

Manager Tony Mowbray will also be without midfielders Chris Brunt and James Morrison again for tomorrow’s televised clash as they continue their recovery from hamstring and ankle injuries respectively.

But he is hopeful full-back Carl Hoefkens will be back in contention in South London following hamstring trouble of his own.

Mowbray said: “Injuries aren’t good at the moment but the good news is that Carl has trained for the last few days and will hopefully be available.

“Leon has hopefully got a grade one hamstring injury which will take 10-14 days to heal.

“Chris Brunt has started running but probably won’t be ready for tomorrow and James Morrison will probably be out for another week or so.

“Sherjill Macdonald has injured cartilage and he will have an operation in the next day or two.”

Comments

• Options
    Glad Brunt's out.
  • Options
    Agreed, couldn't handle him up at the Hawthorns.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Glad Brunt's out.

I think two goals have been conceded to his crosses this season in our matches against them.

Given that WBA have been playing poorly in his absence it shows what an influential player he is for them.
  • Options
    3 isn't it 2 at the hawthorns and one at our gaff in the cup
  • Options
    I never believe any of this guff until I hear/see the teamsheet.

so many times I have heard that "so and so" is out with this & that only to find them playing (and scoring) against us - usually the opposite with us as we somehow seem to have one of our top players suddenly not available due to a mystery illness/injuy/accident.

bet at least one of Brunt or Morrison to be playing and someone like Thomas or ambrose suddenly out injured etc.
  • Options
    Cheer up, whoever of their superstars plays down the right will be in trouble. Thatcher is looking for a kill
  • Options
    It would paint a brighter picture if Phillips and Gera were ruled out.
  • Options
    We have to try and not worry about who they have or haven't got for today and concentrate on our own players turning up and playing our own game (preferably Palarse, Ipswich etc rather than Preston or Blackpool).
  • Options
    We always win on a Friday