Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this the best football club forum?

I don't tend to visit other clubs' sites, so I wouldn't really know, but I get the impression that few can compete with this one in terms of active users and (usually) reasoned discussion about the club, football and all sorts of stuff.

Any opinions?

(Well done AFKA, Lookie at al...don't know why I'm crawling!)

Comments

• Options
    Is this the best football club forum?

No.
  • Options
    are you asking 'is this the best forum of a football Club' or 'is this the best football Club forum' because that would be suggesting that we are the Best football Club and at the moment I don't see that as being true.
  • Options
    best charlton one by a mile,palace have a couple of good ones.
  • Options
    Its potentially a great forum
  • Options
    As Tel said, 'potentially' is the important thing.

As with every forum, its what the users make it. Admin wise, we try and give guidance to the direction of how we 'think' helps maintain a successful harmonious community, but you can only lead the horse to water.

We have a few projects for the site up our sleeve for the summer which will greatly improve the overall site i believe, (though we've said that in the past!!), so hopefully the future is good.

One thing people will have to get more used to is viewing by the different Categories rather than the main Discussion page as it gets busier and busier. Its not been the busiest of afternoons, yet already threads started just 4 hours ago are falling off the main page.

Anyway, nice Easter to you and your families, and hopefully we'll be smiling on here tomorrow.
  • Options
    You too Dan. Keep up the good work mate
  • Options
    It may not be the best football forum but it definately has the most genuine & friendly users of any forum i've ever used/read! Happy Easter guys & girls & c'mon u Reds! X
  • Options
    Some of the articles are good ; - )

There' s not much silly stuff and no multiple personalities. It's a well moderated forum

It's the best Chartlon sight by miles in content, style and number and diversity of members. it's an inclusive site and anyone can join in.

The IT lets it down a bit but I know that this frustrates Lookie and AFKA even more than it does the rest of us. It's getting better all the time and it's unfair to criticise just on that.

Having been the midwife if you like to CL I'd like to see more of Lookie original vision of CL. The forum is great, easy to use, informative and fun but AFKA and Lookie have some cracking ideas that I know they just don't have the time to implement. Maybe some of you IT geeks could help.

best thing - no smiley's or silly avatars
  • Options
    best thing - no smiley's or silly avatars

Agree!
  • Options
    I like the Grimsby site - Cod Almighty, to my mind that's the best club related one out there:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?page=home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a very good forum........could do with an away section though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]It's a very good forum........could do with an away section though!
    Just sit in the away end when you visit us!lol
  • Options
    I did........terrible view though....just lots of people jumping up and down at the other end! :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I did........terrible view though....just lots of people jumping up and down at the other end! :-(
    Thanks for being honest
  • Options
    I only go on this one because Ketman told me to. Frankie Valley don't really count as a forum and he's killed off anyhow.

Seems ok though, don't know who said there wasn't multiple personalities though? AFKA is not really a draconian midget, MCS is not a hippy and Ketman is not a superstar DJ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]a superstar DJ

eye ball paul, it should be his new name!
  • Options
    Eye ball pauls who cups Carters balls!! It will stick oh great bearded one!

Did you get that mash up mess I sent the other day?? Don't ever eat adzuki beans mate they are violent
  • Options
    This site organises better coaches than wallace arnold
  • Options
    Seconded steve you should change your usename to 'coachdooodorganiserman', and ketman 'coachdooodorganiserman - theother1'

whens the next one?
  • Options
    will have to be next season now but will definately do it again especially ipswich with that boozer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice one man, count me in, that boozer was pretty quality choice, nice work mate
  • Options
    now all the other lifers know how well it went it wouldn't surprise me if we had to run 2 coaches
  • Options
    I really like this forum. I like the mixture of serious posts and lighthearted ones. As far as I'm concerned I've not encountered a better one.
  • Options
    now that would be good.

you in the boozer on the morrow??
  • Options
    should be m8 doing the flag as little joe will love it,he's really lookin forward to it.Im not lookin forward to carrying it.
  • Options
    i bet, sounds ike hard work to, not my forte that manual labour thing!

may see you in the lib, i will be there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]should be m8 doing the flag as little joe will love it,he's really lookin forward to it.Im not lookin forward to carrying it.

Make him do it then! ;-)
  • Options
    Carlsberg dont do Forums but if they did..........................it would have to be Charlton Life
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    certainly the best charlton one