Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v West Brom - Match thread

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Keep all the team news, updates, tears, tantrums and ridiculous Oggy positivity in this thread please !

Comments

• Options
    get to the match you lightweight
  • Options
    leaving in 10 mins, just enough time for a bit more cake....
  • Options
    Yes, boss.

Might be a bit quiet, though, as will be watching it on telly with a few beers and a few mates (invited the neighbours so they can't complain about the shouting and swearing...)

COYR!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]leaving in 10 mins, just enough time for a bit more cake....

your just like worzel gummidge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Yes, boss.

Might be a bit quiet, though, as will be watching it on telly with a few beers and a few mates (invited the neighbours so they can't complain about the shouting and swearing...)

COYR!!

i'm leaving in 20 mins gonna do the flag with your m8 rothers and will try and stay positive
  • Options
    Good luck, NSS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Keep all the team news, updates, tears, tantrums and ridiculous Oggy positivity in this thread please !

Wow! I'm famous ....... (!)

;o)
  • Options
    And anyone wanting radio commentary report to Jim Melrose, and/or tune your radio into Radio Kent.
  • Options
    Alan Pardew could hand Lee Cook his Charlton debut after the on-loan winger played 90 minutes for the reserves.

Madjid Bougherra remains doubtful with a foot injury, while winger Lloyd Sam (hamstring) is still out.

West Brom's Carl Hoefkens has resumed training after his hamstring injury and is in contention for a return.

But Leon Barnett is out with a similar problem, Sherjill MacDonald will have knee operation this week and Luke Moore begins a three-match suspension.
  • Options
    Me and the missus heading to the local to watch this one, its the battle of the championship team supporters in our village as our best mate Stella is a West Brom fan. Im sure my missus and her fella will both be keeping quiet as we both go head to head for the battle of the Railway pub, Wheatley.

Alan Pardews red and white army!

Enjoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm sure my missus and her fella...

I had to read that a couple of times before I understood!
  • Options
    Charlton

Weaver, Halford, Sodje, McCarthy, Thatcher, Ambrose, Holland, Semedo, Thomas, Gray, Lita

Substitutes: Elliot, Zhi, Cook, Iwelumo, Fortune

West Brom

Kiely, Hoefkens, Albrechtsen, Cesar, Robinson, Gera, Koren, Pele, Greening, Phillips, Miller
    Substitutes:Danek, Bednar, Kim, Martis, Slusarski
    Ref: Kevin Friend
  • Options
    4-4-2, looks balanced with a couple of attacking options on the bench.
  • Options
    That starting line up has scored a grand total of 15 goals for Charlton this season, and Ambrose is responsible for 60% of them.

Lets hope they add to it today..
  • Options
    We're still missing a trick here, perhaps ........ we matched West Brom in every department in the 2 cup matches and had them on the rack often, playing 2 attacking full backs, Moo2 & Youga - it gave us pace & thrust wide and they didn't deal with it well.

Ho hum, let's see how we get on...... C'MON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    Yep and with Thomas, Gray, Lita yet to get off the mark there is no better time than today.

Philips and Miller have a good goal scoring record and we can't hope that they've left their shooting boots behind.
  • Options
    any links to watch the game online?
    Should be Zheng not Matty, also where is Moo2??

They have Phillips & Miller upfront we don't have any strikers in our squad who we can expect to score - shouldn't be so negative but just looking at the strikers one can't help but fear a 2-0 defeat.

COME ON CHARLTON!
  • Options
    "LONG BALL BY HALFORD .... AWFUL"

quel surprise
  • Options
    Thomas actually got a cross in ... hurrah!
    Ambrose heads over the bar.
  • Options
    According to the BBC:

Shots on target:
    Charlton: 0
    WBA: 4

Shots off target:
    Charlton: 4
    WBA: 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ambrose free kick - Halford scores with downward header!!
    Mistake from Kiely according to Mark Bright.
  • Options
    Foul by Pedro Pele (West Brom) on Jerome Thomas (Charlton). Direct free kick taken right-footed by Darren Ambrose (Charlton) from left channel, headed goal by Greg Halford (Charlton) (bottom-left of goal) from right side of penalty area (12 yards).Charlton 1-0 West Brom. Assist (cross) by Darren Ambrose (Charlton) from left channel.
  • Options
    One shot on target...one goal.
  • Options
    Shot by Jerome Thomas (Charlton) drilled left-footed from left side of penalty area (12 yards), missed left.
  • Options
    Ambrose injured tackling Robinson.
    Well he is our Scholes of tackling.
    Hope he is okay.
    Still receiving treatment to groin.

... some trickery by Thomas leads to corner, he did well according to Brighty and had 1-2 with Lita
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]According to the BBC:

Shots on target:
    Charlton: 0
    WBA: 4

Shots off target:
    Charlton: 4
    WBA: 0

Take no notice of BBC stats. They include shots that were blocked 30 yards out as a shot on target. Because we made three blocks in 30 seconds, it looks like West Brom are dominating, when they aren't.
  • Options
    Ambrose back on and takes corner, but foul given against Sodje whilst heading
  • Options
    Halford getting slated by Brighty for not closing players down.
  • Options
    bollox - Phillips scores from Greening free kick given away cheaply by Ambrose.
  • Options
    Foul by Darren Ambrose (Charlton) on Jonathan Greening (West Brom). Free kick crossed right-footed by Jonathan Greening (West Brom) from left wing, resulting in open play. Goal by Kevin Phillips (West Brom) right-footed (top-right of goal) from centre of penalty area (12 yards).Charlton 1-1 West Brom. Assist (header) by Zoltan Gera (West Brom) from right side of penalty area.