Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
why take Lita of and bring on big Chris surely it sould have been Gray?

Comments

• Options
    Agree entirely Gray was shocking......
  • Options
    did iwelumo jump? see no point on bringing him on at all
  • Options
    was Varney even on the bench? I agree Iwelumo doesn't jump all he does is back into the defender
  • Options
    agreed substitution made no sense. Lita wasn't great, but lets be honest, he's still a threat more than Gray in his current form.

We ended up with two lumps with their backs to the goal, against two centre halves that won every header all day long. If one of them by a miracle had won a flick on, it would of gone straight to their keeper.

Game was up then, the best we could take was a draw.
  • Options
    I think sometimes we are very polite on here and give people a chance but you have to be honest sometimes:

Gray is a complete waste of space.
  • Options
    let's be honest with each other get of our high horse we aint good enough
  • Options
    the sad thing is Gray is better than Iwelumo!
  • Options
    Totally agree Steve.
  • Options
    I have noticed that the arrogance has gone out of Pardew now he realizes that perhaps he isn't a messiah as I suspect most of us thought when he was appointed. The squad has too many players and most of those do not appear good enough for a team that is supposed to be chasing promotion. I cannot imagine that the board would provide Pardew with much money for any more players as quite frankly only one or two of his buys have come off. He has had a load of money to spend and has spent it very badly, his loan signings with the exception of Sodjie and Mills have been even worse.
  • Options
    yep spunked money we could ill afford to waste!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]I think sometimes we are very polite on here and give people a chance but you have to be honest sometimes:

I'm still reserving judgement on Gray,as our midfield is absolutely shocking and has been for some time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]was Varney even on the bench?
    He's injured
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]I think sometimes we are very polite on here and give people a chance but you have to be honest sometimes:

I'm still reserving judgement on Gray,as our midfield is absolutely shocking and has been for some time.

The last time he scored was 1st December 2007 - he netted twice.

Against us :-(
  • Options
    I reckon even Varney,Iwelumo and Mccleod could score against us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]was Varney even on the bench? I agree Iwelumo doesn't jump all he does is back into the defender

He was injured.
  • Options
    Personally I thought Gray was ok for about 75 mins. Held it up well. Did win some headers. And was better at that role than Iwelumo. Of the 2 front men thought Lita had to be the one to come off. Shame Varney was injured.

The problem to me remains midfield. WBA were much better and of course Greening runs the show.

It wont be popular with some on here but I remain of the view that Ambrose is too lightweight to get us out of this league. Also thought ZZ was a huge disappointment when he came on although Semedo had to come off before he was sent off.

Will be surprised if WBA dont make it as one of the top 2. By that performance we should be top 6.