Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Independent Perspective

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I didn't go yesterday as other things took precedence so my eldest daughter and her boyfriend had the tickets.

My daughter used to go a lot from 93/4 until 2000 when she went off to Uni and thus was too far away and impoverished to travel back.

They both commented that the crowd was fine for 10 minutes and then got restless and they couldn't believe the vitriol from Charlton fans about their own players especially Zheng Zhi.

Although no longer regulars they both still get to a couple of games each season and they think the atmosphere has got a lot worse than last season in the Prem.

Comments

• Options
    Len I make your daughter and her boyfriend right. I think it stems from the utter disapointment that this season has been. I think most of us would have thought the playoffs were pretty nailed on and now that that looks unlikely the frustration is showing. I for one never expected that we would finnish mid table. Must say that I can`t boo anyone in a Charlton shirt........sadly many can.
  • Options
    A mate of mine came along. He thought we were bob, and it's hard to disagree really.
  • Options
    We don't support our own team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We don't support our own team.

Speak for yourself Oggy - I know I do.
  • Options
    I'm generalising - it's a rotten hostile atmosphere much of the time.
  • Options
    I would say it's a nervous and tetchy atmosphere, but it's hardly hostile.

Jeez, you wanna have been to the Old Den, Elland Road or St Andrews in the 80's if you wanted hostile.
  • Options
    I actually thought there was a kind of gallows humour yesterday which hadn't surfaced earlier, namely "we've f*cked things up and we don't expect to win today or get into the play off's", so there was less vitriol, well around where I sat anyway.
  • Options
    maybe if they won a game they might see a improved atmosphere,just a hunch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I actually thought there was a kind of gallows humour yesterday which hadn't surfaced earlier, namely "we've f*cked things up and we don't expect to win today or get into the play off's", so there was less vitriol, well around where I sat anyway.

agreed bing i had quite a good laugh