Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Walton

I think he would of done well for us this season,i know he picked up the injury at qpr but isn't he at Hull now.His hunger is something ideal in this division,like Kevin nicholls.

Comments

• Options
    I thought you were going to tell me - he had signed on loan ..........

;o)
  • Options
    why aren't you singin,i'm relying on you oggy lol
  • Options
    ......but I am singig, Stevo

"PETER VARNEY'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!"........tra-la-la
  • Options

Ill give it a crack
  • Options
    Thought Walton was slow and recklessly hot headed. Don't think he would've made a difference; not a positive one at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Thought Walton was slow and recklessly hot headed.

You thought right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/7795095.stm
  • Options
    Very Hot head
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Good to see our former players are also doing well....

Oh dear Simon what were you thinking

Doh! ;-)
  • Options
    fined two weeks wages and put on the transfer list
  • Options
    the bloke was is and always will be a buffoon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he's an oik.

He'd fit in at Palarse.
  • Options
    Walton;
    The only player to be sent-off 3 times whilst being a Charlton player, yet never played for the club.
  • Options
    On the move again - just joined Blackpool onloan
  • Options
    beckham would have you beleive you cant change a players temprament without him losing some of his game like rooney.the goon
  • Options
    He's still only 21 and already played 98 games for eight different clubs.

Walton, a £500,000 purchase by Charlton manager Iain Dowie from Leeds in 2006, is engaged to page three girl Nicola Tappenden.

His career certainly seems to have gone tits up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He's still only 21 and already played 98 games for eight different clubs.

Walton, a £500,000 purchase by Charlton manager Iain Dowie from Leeds in 2006, is engaged to page three girl Nicola Tappenden.

His career certainly seems to have gone tits up.
    To be fair, other than those with rose tinted spectacles, it had gone tits up precisely 12 months before we signed him when he went from Leeds next big thing to forgotten man, in no time. Still he's having a crack at a P3 girl, so who am I to point out where his life's gone wrong.
  • Options
    Clarsay, very clarsay.
  • Options
    Millwall will now not be signing him....according to the SLP this evening that is.
  • Options
    I think you mean 'according to News Shopper this evening' : )

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4524478.Ex_Addick_fails_to_earn_Millwall_deal/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have spent half the season suspended I reckon!
  • Options
    Sign her up..........
    we need acouple of big 'uns up front.

*coat*
  • Options
    Gone on loan to Crewe

How long before his first red card?
  • Options
    How many teams is that now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]How many teams is that now?

Leeds, Charlton, Ipswich, Cardiff, QPR, Plymouth, Blackpool, Crewe.

Lots!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Simon supports Leeds and was a a local youth prouct who was thrust into midfield, despite being a central defender. He never had a chance to develop his game, had a poor level of ability and by all accounts is a pretty 'thick' lad to boot. We laughed our heads off when he was sold for an overly generous fee and sadly his career has lead a predictable route, in which he seems willing to be employed by every lower league club. A lesson to be learnt for any promising youngster who feels a big wage and a move is preferable to gaining match experience within a supportive framework. MOT
  • Options
    Still only 21, maybe he'll beat the likes Marcus Bent when it comes to number of clubs he's had by the time he reaches his mid 20s.

Just like Pardew thought Christensen would break into the team sooner rather than later (or was it the scout that actually said it?), Dowie said the same of Walton
    "Simon is a talented boy and he might surprise a few people,” said Dowie.

"He's very competitive, a very strong runner in terms of power and a great athlete who is very comfortable on the ball.

"We think he's a very good investment for the future, but looking at his attributes he's a lad capable of playing in the Premiership sooner rather than later as well.”
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=24117
  • Options
    Crewe.. about his level. Just a hothead who had one good season at leeds and thought he was a new Alan Smith
  • Options
    Smith had quality, though his career subsequently makes one wonder about that point, and had some fantastic moments in a white shirt. Walton was indeed a hot head and the most limited player in a Championship team short of players for a brief period after relegation, but subsequently found out. Chalk and cheese.

MOT