Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next seasons squad

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Who do you expect to leave in the summer?

I would not be surprised to see Youga go, think he may be fed up at being dropped after two bad games and he is at end of contract, Christianson (remember him) looks like he's been dumped, may have seen the end of Holland, although I think he is one of our best this season, sadly that is more of a reflection of the dross we have overall than Holland being outstanding, Thomas can't afford another crap season in the Championship, of course there is Bent and Faye who will be coming back to us.

If Pardew jumps ship then we may see another season of upheaval and comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Bent is not returning. He told me when I asked him at a movie Premiere a few weeks back. Yep, he's still doing them despite now playing up at Wigan!

I think Holland will stay. We'll lose Thomas, as he'll provide us with some of the money and I think Pards will have decided that he isn't consistent enough, even at this level for him to fight to hold on to.

I think most of the rest of the squad will stay otherwise. I'm sure I read on here that due to work permit regulations, ZZ is likely to have to see out one more season with us too and that is a good thing, despite his little stinker yesterday.
    I also think Pardew will have the heart and desire to get us promoted next season. It's just a question of whether a Premiership team come in for him over the summer and cloud his enthusiasm to stay with us.

This young squad (in the main) will have leant a lot this season and will be far stronger for it next season. With a few astute season long loan deals, I think next season will be more consistent and more positive for us than this.
  • Options
    Build the squad around Randolph, Youga, Basey, Moo2Kil, McCarthy, Sodje, Semedo, Sam, Dickson, Varney, Arter, Wright and Racon.
  • Options
    Be honest if Pardew doesn't get us promoted in two years no-one will want him.
  • Options
    agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Build the squad around Randolph, Youga, Basey, Moo2Kil, McCarthy, Sodje, Semedo, Sam, Dickson, Varney, Arter, Wright and Racon.

Why not include Weaver in that? It worries me that there are so many expectations of randolph on the basis of a good adrenalin performance at anfield.

[cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Be honest if Pardew doesn't get us promoted in two years no-one will want him.

I think that Pards is the master of spin and will offset any blame on lack of money, poor board decsions, lack of fans support - too high expectations, players no heart , useless backroom staff - despite the club having a great manager
  • Options
    yes he may try and spin it but he is so poor at it and every one will stick with their own views. For me he is the worse manager at the club for a full season since Alan Mullery 25 years ago. The whole season has been one of indecision, bullshit and long ball. lets see him spin that!
  • Options
    i think we need to build the squad around a decent midfield - a stonr defensive man, a good creative player and 2 decent wingers. our defence is set imo, and with some decent service we have some quality strikers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]i think we need to build the squad around a decent midfield - a stonr defensive man, a good creative player and 2 decent wingers. our defence is set imo, and with some decent service we have some quality strikers

Don't forget Sodje is going back to reading. With a bit of luck he'll stay and we can sell Fortune
  • Options
    I wonder if Stoke will want Fortune again when they get promoted to the Prem....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I wonder if Stoke will want Fortune again when they get promoted to the Prem....

IF they are promoted to the Prem......... ;o)

They might be top at the moment with 6 games to go but with only 1 win in 6 games, it's not exactly certainty ........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I wonder if Stoke will want Fortune again when they get promoted to the Prem....

they bought shawcross instead
  • Options
    No problem with Weaver Kap, my point was that we should start with the kids and add experience around them.
  • Options
    Randolph isn't good enough from the U21 performances I've seen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Randolph isn't good enough from the U21 performances I've seen

He is receiving rave reviews for his performances for Bury
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Randolph isn't good enough from the U21 performances I've seen

To be fair, maybe the Ireland U-21 defenders in front of him may have some influence on that .....
  • Options
    next season's squad (assuming we are in the CCC) won't be that much different to what it is now. I'd expect us to sign Sodje and then maybe sell a couple and release a few.

I think we'd have a much smaller more tight knit bunch and would hope that after our 'transitional' season this season, would have a right good go at it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

To be fair, maybe the Ireland U-21 defenders in front of him may have some influence on that .....

i've only seen a couple of his u21 performances, but he made bad mistakes in both games.
    hopefully getting regular 1st team football will make those mistakes less frequent.