Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

still hope?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
up until last week I thought that we still had chance of a top 6 place - albeit it either 5th or 6th. After Ipswich I had given up and no way will we make the play-offs.

This is mind I went on Friday, taking my little lad for only his 2nd game. Still got excited/frustrated in equal amounts and still got peed-off yesterday when wolves and palarse got last minute golas to give tham a point and a place above us.

Why ?????? I know a play-off spot has gone but yet I still agonise over other results. Does this mean I think we will still do it or am I just "Addickted"

Someone please help me out !!! 4 or 5 wins could still do it !!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Think we have definately blown it this season mate.While we are on a bad run there are too many teams above us on good runs and therefore think we might aswel start planning ahead to next season.As much as it hurts to say,i dont think we deserve to make the play-offs and i look forward to alot of re-shuffling in the summer.
  • Options
    The one thing that is certain is that we are running out of games to turn it around in, and fortunate only in that it's a weak division, so anything could happen, including automatic promotion, although the chances of that are slim to negligible.
  • Options
    I'd bite your arm off for a play-off spot let alone automatic promotion.
  • Options
    Where does everyone keep saying that it is a "weak" division just because everyone is capable of beating everyone else? Perhaps that makes it a strong division. How many clubs from this "weak" division are in the FA Cup semi-finals???
  • Options
    Ther life of a charlton supporter is to hoping beyond expectation, the play off final and the 1947 cup final were the few exceptions to the rule. In my heart of hearts I know that we have blown it, but still i hope and despite all the evidence to the contrary believe we will just do it, same as last season and I re call a previous season when we were in with an outside cahnce of the play offs in around 10th position,then there was the season we qualified for the play offs finished at the Valley 1-2 against Palace but still beleived we would do it at Selhurst, we lost 1-0.

Hope over expectation should be the clubs moto.
  • Options
    my hope will be gone if we lose on saturday
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    This is only a weak division compared to the Premier.

Results and table indicates teams are well matched - hence a relatively small points difference between promotion chasing clubs and those like Leicester, Coventry, Southampton, Sheff Wed battling against relegation.

On their day, every one of the relegation struggling sides has scored morale boosting victories against promotion chasing sides.

With tension and anxiety affecting players in the run in, promotion & play off places will go to the teams that show mental strength and hold their nerve, rather than quality of football.

Charlton? We've not been playing so badly in the last few games against tough opponents.
    It's our turn now for the fluke goal or lucky break.

When was the last time we were given a penalty?
    December - does that mean there hasn't been a push or foul against our forwards in the box since then?

Just by the law of averages, it's our turn for the riccochet rebound goal or penalty.
    Might just be enough to give the team the belief to get that all important win.

And on such incidents can our season turn.
  • Options
    a snowballs chance in the sahara...

...but you never know.

come on you addicks.
  • Options
    That's the spirit, Fazza.

It could still go to the wire. ;o)