Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Playing as a team!

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I have stayed patient this season with pards tactics and all...although i honestly think he is slowly losing his players!
Having had trials for academies and now playing in my college academy team where we train everyday...the lads just get on with each other so well and that reflects the good performances we put in.
When watching our players warm up, everyone just seems so distant and that reflects the way we are playing at the minute...not as a team!
We have had the likes of watford(although they were a shite football side),Bristol City and West Brom come down to the valley!All their players just seem to have such good relationships with each other and are highly motivated by their team talks...(Bothroyds chat to the players at half time in middle of pitch at the home game, gary johnson getting his players in a huddle after the game at home and tony mowbray doing the same thing!They all have such belief in their own ability, hense why i think those 3 teams will go up this season.
You would never see pards do that and i just dont understand why not, if anything, we desperately need that at the minute because we are not playing with any confidence whatsoever!
I think introducing some of our young british talent in wright,arter,aswad when he gets back off loan,could help that as they have all grown up playing for the youth together and would probably inject some sort of togetherness into the side!
ps i wasnt bragging about the academy thing, i was just using it for example.

Comments

• Options
    i think you make a very good point.
  • Options
    whilst I agree in principal with your points, how does anyone really know how well the players actually get on...just because they're not running round having huddles all the time...maybe by appearing distant in the warm up they are actually concentrating and focusing on the game (hard to believe at the moment I know !) but you say that West Brom and Bristol City players all seem to have good relationships, not really sure how you can tell this to be honest ?

Just because Pardew doesn't get them together on the pitch doesn't mean he doesn't motivate in his team talks ?, as I said, unless anyone is actually on the inside then nobody knows....

not saying I disagree with your post at all, I just feel that sometimes to much is made out of absolutely nothing. I've played a decent standard of football and certainly didn't get on with everyone......also look at Andy Cole and Sheringham when at Man U and Adeybayor and Bendtner...they hate(d) each other but don't seem to have to much of a problem playing together !

On another point about the warm up, what's all that about when the team run to the corner flag in the north east corner, do one stupid 10 yard sprint and then all run away again????
  • Options
    I do agree slightly, but then again, you take adebayor and bendtner at arsenal for example, arsenal wouldnt be where they are now without the team spirit and togetherness they have!
    And ok ok fair enough i dont no what it is really like in the changing rooms but...i do no one thing, pards sure doesnt express good team motivation when out on the pitch!
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if some of our squad even even knew each others name, let alone are able to foster a decent team spirit. The three sides you mentioned have small tight squads where everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction, they go through thick and thin together, so when they win or lose it means more. We on the other hand still play like a bunch of strangers, where a few players seem to have their own agendas and goals.

A couple of times on Friday players made exactly the same movements for the same ball, and on several occassions got in each others way, Cole and Sheringham might not have ever gone for a beer after a game but on the pitch they were almost telapathic in the undersatnding of each others game, the fact we have such a big squad and make so many changes all the time is a factor in our lack of getting a run of form together and creating the obvious team spirit that you mention
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]the fact we have such a big squad and make so many changes all the time is a factor in our lack of getting a run of form together and creating the obvious team spirit that you mention
    Nail on the head.

I've said for a while that the knee-jerk reactions and sudden team changes (i.e. 3/4 players in/out) does not help at all. Give a team that lost a chance to redeem themselves rather than shooting down their confidence.
  • Options
    Agree about the settled side but anyone else think that Thomas's improvement is in some way due to the arrival of Cook and/or Sinclair?
  • Options
    Yep exactly, i mean we did get bored of curbs old ways eventually but when it came to sticking with a team, by god did he stick with it!
  • Options
    yes henry i do agree with you there definately!But it shouldnt take that to motivate him should it!Playing the sport he loves for a job, on a great pitch infront of 25000 fans you would think that would be enough!
  • Options
    I think you missed out the word "fickle" after "25000" and before "fans".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Agree about the settled side but anyone else think that Thomas's improvement is in some way due to the arrival of Cook and/or Sinclair?
    Agreed that Thomas looked better on Saturday. I could swear I even saw him make a tackle!! But, without a left foot why oh why does he insist on playing as a left winger?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    perhaps they need a team bonding break to Spain.

oh......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]yes henry i do agree with you there definately!But it shouldnt take that to motivate him should it!Playing the sport he loves for a job, on a great pitch infront of 25000 fans you would think that would be enough!

So would I but there you go
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Agree about the settled side but anyone else think that Thomas's improvement is in some way due to the arrival of Cook and/or Sinclair?
    Agreed that Thomas looked better on Saturday. I could swear I even saw him make a tackle!! But, without a left foot why oh why does he insist on playing as a left winger?

Does he insist or is that where he is told to play?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think you missed out the word "fickle" after "25000" and before "fans".[/quote]
    Lol well spotted wss!