Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todorov

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Just wondering if anyone else thinks it might be worth giving him a contract for next season? I know his injury record etc. But if he's going to be fit in the summer surely after we've no doubt shelled out for his treatment or contributed in some way (I know they're insured etc.) it might be worth trying to convince him to sign up for another year. He honestly looked the only player close to Reid at the beginning of the season for sheer class to me. It'd be a shame to let him go if he can get a full pre season in I think anyway. Maybe even a pay as you play deal?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Yes. I'd do the same for Gibbs too.

Joking apart he was signed with a view to playing in the Prem so presumably must have something about him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Yes. I'd do the same for Gibbs too.

Joking apart he was signed with a view to playing in the Prem so presumably must have something about
    him.[/quote]

who is this gibbs fella ;)
  • Options
    definately worth another year if he gets himself fit and we are still in the CCC
  • Options
    I honestly think the from what I saw they guy is absolute class. He scored a goal in the cup (against Stockport I think) where he put it in the top corner without even trying. His movement and touches were a class above imo.
  • Options
    cant seem him doing any worse even if he had one leg than the forwards currently playing
  • Options
    At least he's got a footballing brain and a classy first touch.
    And he can fricken shoot!
  • Options
    He's worth a contract if he can prove he'll start the season fit.
  • Options
    with his injury record i'd offer only a basic and then a higher appearance based contract, whats the betting that once fit some gormless plymouth defender will lay him out again
  • Options
    Cant see us signing him unfortunatley....not when we have paid £1.5 Million for a poor immitation
  • Options
    I think Pardew had already released him in his head when he signed Andy Gray. I would like him to stay though even if he is a lazy get! Classy lazy get though!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With McLeod out until Christmas and subject to us not tinkering with the strikers over the summer in the transfer market, I'd re-sign him.

Suspect most of you saw Andy Hunt in his first season for us and he was equally pretty barren in his first few months, may have scored one or two in his first 10 to 15 games at most from recollection. The guy turned out to be a bit of a legend.

Andy Gray's goalscoring record has always been pretty good and think he'll get his scoring going again next season. That's if we get our wingers to actually put some decent service in for him.
  • Options
    I think he should be given another season.

Hopefully he will still be a decent player, not like he was someone who was blessed for pace, but a clever player, been a big miss this season at times.
  • Options
    all this andy hunt thing makes me laugh,Andy Hunt didn't score many in his first season beacause we were in the premiership,the second year we were in the Championship.Huge difference people i give you Lisbie as an example.
  • Options
    Andy Hunt was a very clever player even when h didn't score he would bring others into play and create chances we have never replaced him properly a hugeley underated player IMO
  • Options
    Andy Hunt was a tad unlucky in his first season - several niggling injuries and who can forget him being put clean through on goal at Anfield with only the keeper to beat only for the referee to stop the game for a foul on Jonny Robinson? Advantage...what advantage....

In his second season with a decent run in the side he proved his worth.
  • Options
    he also started brightly the year back in the prem think he got 2 at highbury before the illness. I think he would off gone on to show is truw worth that year.
  • Options
    I'd give Toddy a new contract, if we had him fit now he would be the key to unlocking oppo defences, something the rest of our team seem unable to do at the moment.
  • Options
    It was worse than that. Andy Hunt had already gone past the keeper when the ref blew for the foul on Robbo...

I had the hump for weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]It was worse than that. Andy Hunt had already gone past the keeper when the ref blew for the foul on Robbo...

I had the hump for weeks.

I might be wrong but was n't the ref Paulo's mate Allcock?
  • Options
    Not sure who the ref was, cfgs, but know I was so incensed that I phoned 6-0-6 afterwards and had to speak to David Mellor - AARGHHHH what was I thinking of!

That would have put us 3-1 up. As it was we went 2-3 down, but equalised late on - Steve Jones. wasn't it? (From memory so may have got this wrong...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Not sure who the ref was, cfgs, but know I was so incensed that I phoned 6-0-6 afterwards and had to speak to David Mellor - AARGHHHH what was I thinking of!

That would have put us 3-1 up. As it was we went 2-3 down, but equalised late on - Steve Jones. wasn't it? (From memory so may have got this wrong...)

Rufus got his second ever goal there as well, not a bad one two
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Not sure who the ref was, cfgs, but know I was so incensed that I phoned 6-0-6 afterwards and had to speak to David Mellor - AARGHHHH what was I thinking of!

Yep...