Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards quote

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
'"This squad is fully capable of going on a run when it really matters.'

Pardon me for being awkward, but why haven't they done it at every other part of the season ?

Comments

• Options
    Cos obviously it didn't matter :o)
  • Options
    If you don't believe his spin then get out!
  • Options
    Bunch of procrastinaters I reckon.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]'"This squad is fully capable of going on a run when it really matters.'

Pardon me for being awkward, but why haven't they done it at every other part of the season ?[/quote] Exactly, what a stupid thing to say,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]'"This squad is fully capable of going on a run when it really matters.'

Pardon me for being awkward, but why haven't they done it at every other part of the season ?

Well, Mr Pardew, it really matters now ........
  • Options
    i gave up listening to his shite months ago.
  • Options
    its really mattered for a long while, and after the palace game he said we need to go on a run, so we could get automatic promtion....but we didnt.....

i think we will be very hard pushed to make the play off's now, as our team seems to have no confidence or consistancy
  • Options
    is he taking the piss out of us?
  • Options
    he does baffle with some of his comments.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]is he taking the piss out of us?

I don't think so, but there are only so many 'rallying cry's' you can call for before it starts to fall on deaf ears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he aint happy just do us favour and go..........the man is insulting the fans intellgance, he has made these stupid and snide comments for months now,
  • Options
    With every passing week, and the more he comes out with his utter shite, i begin to dislike him more and more.
    Admittedly he isn't going to come out and say 'yes we've completely f*cked it up, i don't know my best eleven after 40 games, i've lost the plot and we'll finish mid table behind teams with half our budget', but equally don't come out with this complete rubbish.
  • Options
    It's the "we need the fans behind us" comments that do my head in.

I know we should be and need to be but i always read his comments as ones that point fingers at us as if the crap performances are somehow attributed to us!
  • Options
    This was one of my favourites, after the 4-2 defeat at West Brom:

"We have to take it on the chin that we lost today but in some ways we won the way we approached it."
  • Options
    if brains were dynamite he couldnt blow his hat off....
  • Options
    "I think he's going to be a good player for us," said Pardew. "We can't afford too many more draws or defeats and he'll help us.

"We've got to go on a big run and get those wins and Cookie can be a big part of that."

Said Uncle Al on the loan of Lee Cook, ahead of a run of 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats, which Cook played only a bit part.

Perhaps he is saving him for the games 'that really matter' ??

:-)
  • Options
    realism will kick in the last game of the season at home, ten minutes to go and rather than either having the carnival atmosphere or asking how so and so is getting on we will be sitting there thinking what should have been, AP has totally ballsed the whole thing up, the buys,formations,loans,criticising the fans,having a public spat with the CEO, week in week out, he just cant help himself, he has lost the dressing room, lost the fans and come the summer i think he will lose the backing of the board when they look at the profit and loss sheet.............time to go AL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]'"This squad is fully capable of going on a run when it really matters.'

Do he mean like when they are being chased by the bigger boys from the rough estates?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

Do he mean like when they are being chased by the bigger boys from the rough estates?

No he means when Dowie takes training
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    He also said this upon signing Scott Sinclair.

""Scott Sinclair is a player I've been after for some time,"

"He's dynamic, fast and a potential first-team player at Chelsea. We're very privileged that they chose us over a number of clubs for him to come to, and I'd like to thank Avram Grant and the Chelsea officials.

"We shall look after him, protect him and hopefully get the best out of him.

"I feel he's a player that will, or possibly could, jump us up a level."

The manager added: "We've got some great wide players here, but I think he just gives us something a little bit different. I think he could be important in this run-in."

Then giving him 3 runouts as a substitute before bombing him out completely and deciding to stick with the wide players he's had all season, and as AFKA said earlier, probably burning our bridges and ruining any chance of ever getting good young players off them again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]is he taking the piss out of us?

I don't think so, but there are only so many 'rallying cry's' you can call for before it starts to fall on deaf ears.
    I think you'll find he most definitely is. Coming out with that crap is just insulting to the intelligence.
  • Options
    he loves a cliche does pardooo..... still i'm not one interested in the personality of a manager or what he has to say it's the results that count and we all know who didn't have much personality but could get the results
  • Options
    he has either lost the plot or the club are making him look a mug surely they must have someone in PR to notify him that maybe is not the best thing to say
  • Options
    You lot are so fickle.
  • Options
    yea we are falconwood or it is known sometimes as passionate
  • Options
    passionate? Charlton??

Bouncy, Bouncy.
  • Options
    how can anyone take u seriously three things in falconwood u a railway station and cemetrey and by the sounds of u u are the dullist of the three
  • Options
    u r missin owt da harvista
  • Options
    your a chav as well
  • Options
    "All my teams finish strongly".......how much longer do we have to wait then Mr P?

Personally Ive lost faith in the bloke. He promises much and delivers little. He ought to just shut up and get on with it.....as I said before...maybe he aims to go into politics?

Im spun out.