Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Charlton Goal Ever ?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Got to be Stevie Brown againt bradford 1997

Comments

• Options
    Best as in quality?

Shaun Bartlett - Goal of the season...
  • Options
    jensen at highbury
  • Options
    Duffy in the last minute.
  • Options
    my favourite was rufus in play off final
  • Options
    Mine has to be Jenson at Highbury
  • Options
    individual goal, morts probably has the monopoly.
    team goal, bartlett away at spurs springs to mind.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: RedRoss[/cite]Got to be Stevie Brown againt bradford 1997
    Good choice - loved that one as I was right behind the goal in line with the shot
    Loved Newton's at the Valley in the playoff semi against Ipswich - awesome strike and meant so much to us as well
    Super Clive's first in the playoff final - mugging that defender off then giving Perez the eyes & putting it in the other corner
    Kinsella scored a couple of crackers - one on the half volley against Naaaridge from about 30 yards on Boxing Day, another the year before we went up the first time against Bolton - flew into the top corner from miles out
    Melrose from the touchline against Citeh was special
    Gary Poole scoring from the car park on his debut
    Mortimer against Bradford in the same game as Brownie's rocket - beat alomost the entire Bradford team - twice - before shuffling it into the bottom corner
    Jensen against the Arse
    Any one of a number of Colin Walsh goals in the eighties
    Oooooh Peakey Rocket

The list is endless!
  • Options
    Toss up between Jenson at highbury and Mills at Villa.........
  • Options
    For sheer teamwork Hales' goal of the season - great work by Peacock and Paddy Powell and a superb finish.

I always liked Johhny Robinsons' at Huddersfield in late December '99

Jensens' at Highbury.

Mills' at Villa.

Newtons' in The Valley Play off.

Dick Tydemans' against Hull at The Valley

Thomas's against Spurs two(?) seasons ago.

This list could go on for some time............
  • Options
    Colin Walsh, Dec 5th 1992 V Portsmouth
    Leaburn V Blackburn at Ewood park, not the greatest of goals but it was his first for about a million games, the Charlton crowd went absolutely bonkers.
    Bartlet's goal of the season
    Morts at Norwich
    Dennis in the last minute
    Paul Williams against Everton after Micky Bennett had run the ball halfway down the pitch and put in the perfect cross
    Amos Stuart at old trafford in 86
    loads more, they just keep coming.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heres a few more

Mortimer against Man City at maine road
    Mortimer against Norwich at Carrow Road
    Leaburn at Southend
    Bartletts Second against Spurs at the lane
    Kim grant at anfield In the cup
  • Options
    Greg Shields at home to Forest,
    Morts at Norwich was class
    jim Tolmie at Carlisle
    Bartlett v Leicester
  • Options
    Jim Melrose after 9 seconds at Wet Sham..the commentary on the video is priceless.
    "So it's West Ham to kick off.........oh what happened there then Alvin(Martin) cue a few seconds of silence.
  • Options
    Jim Melrose against Man City at sellout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Jim Melrose after 9 seconds at Wet Sham..the commentary on the video is priceless.
    "So it's West Ham to kick off.........oh what happened there then Alvin(Martin) cue a few seconds of silence.

I was sitting in the main stand and couldn't help jumping up when we scored,much to my surprise there was many others.
  • Options
    Now there are 'favourite' Charlton goals, i.e Dennis at Sellout and there are 'best' Charlton goals of which I cannot see past Jensen at Highbury purely for the audacity and the strength of the opposition.

Although Morts volley against Chelsea when we beat them 3-0 at Sellout is right up there.
  • Options
    paddy powell against palace in the 70s cut in from the wing corner of box top corner. anyone remember ?
  • Options
    morts at norwich pure genius.....
    does anyone remember a bradford???(in the sellout days) player scoring from about 45 yards from near the touchline by the arthur wait stand, i was pretty much behind the fella and it was the most vicious shot from distance i'd ever seen , he creamed it in unreal
  • Options
    Hendry against Millwall Upton park dont know what year
  • Options
    all of sir clives against sunderland all were class
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Hendry against Millwall Upton park dont know what year

the first time we'd done them in my football watching lifetime.. oh what joy
  • Options
    Bartlett Vs Leicester
    Jensen Vs Arsenal

Hard to chose between them.
  • Options
    And mine morts fecking great wernt it and a great finish as well
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Amazing innit. Bloke asks for your favorite goal and it starts well with the first six replies giving one answer. Then PBS gives a toss up of two and all hell breaks loose with every decent goal ever scored being mentioned......

For the record, Super Clive's 1st at Wembley for me.
  • Options
    JJ against West Ham...the overhead kick was a bit special......agree with all the rest though
  • Options
    Mort's vs Chelsea at Selhurst
    Mort's vs Arsenal at Highbury
    Mort's vs Norwich (was that his first ever goal?)
    Jenson at Highbury
    Rob Lee scored some cracking long range goals...
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You know what makes it better lookie its in front of the old covered end all there apreciated it so many good goals have gone in infront of away fans or at away grounds, like Pooles at QPR

Barletts was a great goal and he ran right along too where i was and i rember screaming at him how good that was
  • Options
    Great goal

Screwed my browser though :-(
  • Options
    Mortimer against Chelsea in 89. Flew in the net when we turned them over 3-0