Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will / won't renew their season ticket next season ?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I for starters.

Comments

• Options
    I for seconds.

THink the question really should who will NOT renew for next season, and the reason why ?
  • Options
    I will. All six of them.
  • Options
    I will and haven't met/spoken to a single person who wouldn't..
  • Options
    yep of course

Brother has offered to buy mine as i have hit a rough patch which is sweet.
  • Options
    I think i will leave it, and just to go games and purchase tickets on the day,
  • Options
    I'll definitely renew
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    We will.. (Me,NorthstandUltra, Dad and Bro)

:-)
  • Options
    Yeah,i dunno what else i'd do with my Saturdays..i may limit my away trips to new grounds though
  • Options
    To be honest I don't think I will - bored of football at the moment.

And this includes if we go up. I will of course take the free ticket and just pick and choose games to go to.
  • Options
    Not even an issue. As long as I'm in funds and in health I will renew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i !!!!!!!
  • Options
    is this a true reflection on renewals though, we have to take into account that a very percentage of people will renew their tickets on this site as this is a forum with hard core CHarlton, my fear is that alot of the work that the club has done over the past 15 years is about to be undone, hardcore fans or those with disposal income will renew, those who have just began to follow the club or cannot justify the weekly expenditure the club will lose, the sad thing about it is, once you have lost these people it is very hard to get them back
  • Options
    I haven't had a season ticket for the last 2 seasons and to be honest I prefer not having one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]is this a true reflection on renewals though, we have to take into account that a very percentage of people will renew their tickets on this site as this is a forum with hard core CHarlton, my fear is that alot of the work that the club has done over the past 15 years is about to be undone, hardcore fans or those with disposal income will renew, those who have just began to follow the club or cannot justify the weekly expenditure the club will lose, the sad thing about it is, once you have lost these people it is very hard to get them back

You can't have it both ways WIWLB, 14 minutes before that you said you're going to leave it !
  • Options
    I would have to commit suicide if I dont renew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I would have to commit suicide if I dont renew.

That's a bit drastic!!
  • Options
    Undecided at the moment.

In two mind's whether i want us to go up, on 1 hand we could go up (undeservedly) and recieve our free season ticket, but then be paying 40 or so quid to see us play at Chelsea. When if we stay down i could pay 6 quid to see us "play" at Plymouth.
  • Options
    Aye, without a doubt
  • Options
    Definatley. I'm addickted. Plus shouting obscenities at the ref in the park just somehow doesn't cut the mustard. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]is this a true reflection on renewals though, we have to take into account that a very percentage of people will renew their tickets on this site as this is a forum with hard core CHarlton, my fear is that alot of the work that the club has done over the past 15 years is about to be undone, hardcore fans or those with disposal income will renew, those who have just began to follow the club or cannot justify the weekly expenditure the club will lose, the sad thing about it is, once you have lost these people it is very hard to get them back

My experience from people I know and e-mails that I get sent in my role which I admit is in no way a scientific sample is that those who have become fans recently are less critical/cynical and enjoy coming to games. They are also often families for who going to games has become a family event and something that the children would be very unhappy to give up. And to back up Ohah they don't go to away games but they do buy the shirts etc.

The people who write or e-mail me saying that they are not going to renew often start by saying that they have been a supporter for many years but XXXXXXXXX (whatever has upset them eg Women's team/poor catering) means they are not going to renew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Undecided.

But then I say that every year at this point of the season - come August I will be back again, cos I can't imagine myself not being there.

One or two of my mates have managed nearly every game on borrowed season tickets............
  • Options
    must admit i will be going all the home games next season anyway but like the idea of sitting in other parts of the ground if we are staying in this league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]must admit i will be going all the home games next season anyway but like the idea of sitting in other parts of the ground if we are staying in this league
    How good would it be if 50/60 people decided to sit in the West for a game and get rowdy....
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    At the moment I doubt Mr Weegie and I will renew. We only get to 8-10 home matches a season, so I feel we have done our bit over the years. Without one, we'd still go to as many matches, but more would be likely to be away ones, and we would splash out on hospitaity at a couple of home ones, so we'd still spend as much at Charlton.

That's the theory anyway, until I get the emotional tug of the 'Why haven't you renewed - we need you' letter from Richard Murray!

(Ignoring your sniping at reasons for not renewing, Henry, I do think your assessment that it is longer term fans who are more likely not to renew is accurate. For me, it's because I've had the enjoyment of Charlton in the lower leagues before, when football was less serious as Stu said on here a while ago. Somehow a return to the 'dark ages' in Div 2/3, with the ever-gaping and unbridgeable chasm to the Prem opening up behind you, just makes me sad. But it's not that I want to see Prem football per se - I hardly bother watching Match of the Day now. I just like the idea of Charlton competing with the best, and have perhaps been spoilt by having this for the last few seasons.)
  • Options
    Can't imagine not renewing (I have two STs) even tho I don't let football dominate my life so much anymore....have probably missed a third of home games this year for one family committment or another that I used to put my foot down about, but now just can't be bothered to argue about....
  • Options
    Of course, but then it's easy for me, no committments, live close to the ground, nothing better to do on a Saturday
  • Options
    I wasn't sniping at the reasons mearly pointing out that it is the long term fans who play the "I'm not going to renew" card when complaining.
  • Options
    I'll be renewing but Mrs McMoist is having second thoughts.
  • Options
    I'm renewing. My dad actually contemplated not renewing, but he was convinced he'd still go to most home games, but attending out of choice, rather than 'having' to. I think he'll renew by the time it comes to doing it though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'm renewing. My dad actually contemplated not renewing, but he was convinced he'd still go to most home games, but attending out of choice, rather than 'having' to. I think he'll renew by the time it comes to doing it though.

Dont you get a free one Suzi?