Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yassin or Halford?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
So who would you peeps have as our number 1 right back.

Me personally I'd have the former U21 captain any day of the week. He's not the greatest but is young and has only played 10 or so games in English football, and has plenty of potential to improve. Halford has been poor in nearly every game I've seen him in, although he was okay against WBA.

Halford offers a long throw and can be quite good in attacking set pieces with his head. But is poor defensively and going forward doesn't provide enough support, not many overlapping runs like I saw Yassin doing with Sam earlier in the season. Yassin not the greatest defensively but has pace to make the ground up. Halford hopefully won't be here next season and hopefully Yassin will. More experience Yassin gets in the side and English football will surely be good for him and for us.

So I'd give Yassin a go.

Also how do I make polls?

Comments

• Options
    no contest. Halford is awful end of. I couldn't even celebrate his goal because O knew the rest of the game he'd be shit and he proved me right.
  • Options
    The problem is neither of them (At present) are particularly good defenders!
    Unless we revert to wing backs ?! or make sure our wingers dont drift inside as if too often the case, we need to play defenders at right and left back.
    If we can get our wingers and backs linking up properly, ie. overlapping and covering things would be much better.
    Id probably stick with Halford (just) he seems to be improving with games, I wouldnt bring Yassin back in without a few appearances from the bench.
  • Options
    it will be Hafard, there is no doubt a clause in his contract as well as Lita that states he will play every game
  • Options
    None of our wingers have been outstanding this season. I'd go with Moo2 and Youga as attacking full backs and play Semedo as a holding player just in front of the defence to pick up the slack.
  • Options
    as said Moo2 isn't the greatest at defending but he's no worse than Halford, has pace, can recover quickly, offers more going forward, is ours and needs games to ensure he is the first choice number 2 next season.
  • Options
    Thought Halford did alright against WBA, both are 1 in 3 players though
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    no brainer. Paul Curtis OUT (I mean Halford). Only a footballer because of height, long throw and athleticism
  • Options
    I thought Halford was meant to be awesome when he made his debut?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I thought Halford was meant to be awesome when he made his debut?

he was against palace but like the team have failed to perform to that level since
  • Options
    I thought he was great on his debut, but hes got nowhere near that level since. I like moo 2. Can only improve by playing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring in our own players....we have nothing to lose except experience for these younger first teamers. We looked quite balanced with Sam and Moo2. Stick Shambrose on the left just to cover Youga, seeing as Pards wont drop him.