Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards admits loanee mistakes

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
ALAN PARDEW confessed that attempts to bolster his Charlton squad with loan players back-fired at a crucial stage.

Speaking after Friday’s disappointing 1-1 draw at home to rivals West Bromwich Albion, the manager shouldered the blame for that and as “muddling” with the team.

Since January, Charlton have signed Premier League players Greg Halford from Sunderland, Lee Cook from Fulham, Chelsea’s Scott Sinclair and the Reading striker Leroy Lita.

Though Halford scored against Albion, none of the four have created the desired impact.

In a remarkable admission, Pardew said: “Prior to the Preston game, we had been searching for a team capable of winning automatic promotion. In doing so I muddled with the team and have now put our play-off position in jeopardy for which I take full responsibility.

“By bringing in loan players we tried to improve the side but in fact it knocked us back. Now we are fighting for our lives to get into the play-offs.

“What I do know is that the players we have here, whether they are here for a month or on four-year contracts, all want the best for this club. The spirit is good but we just couldn’t do enough to beat Albion.”

Comments

• Options
    I trust Tony Hudd enough to say that is an accurate record of what was said.

Surprised that no one else has commented on this. Very frank admission of mistakes made.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I trust Tony Hudd enough to say that is an accurate record of what was said.

Surprised that no one else has commented on this. Very frank admission of mistakes made.

Must admit I was getting a bit fed-up with his arrogance but it takes a lot to admit you've made some big, big mistakes and by admitting to this he has risen again in my estimation.
  • Options
    It is a very frank admission and it shows that Pards seems to have as many knee jerk reactions as the fans do to poor performances
  • Options
    No comment.
  • Options
    hopefully he will learn from these mistakes and next season we will go up as Champions
  • Options
    If this quote is true it makes a change from 'it was windy', 'the pitch did not suit us', 'the crowd where quiet' etc etc nice to see God does admit to making a mistake once in a while.
  • Options
    he's trying that is the main thing and I'd prefer him to be honest.
  • Options
    i'm sure dowie would admit that traore was a bad signing and he should have bought a newcastle road map.....
    aaaah well pardew admitted it , that's alright then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm sure dowie would admit that traore was a bad signing and he should have bought a newcastle road map.....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BORING
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]ALAN PARDEW confessed that attempts to bolster his Charlton squad with loan players back-fired at a crucial stage.

Speaking after Friday’s disappointing 1-1 draw at home to rivals West Bromwich Albion, the manager shouldered the blame for that and as “muddling” with the team.

Since January, Charlton have signed Premier League players Greg Halford from Sunderland, Lee Cook from Fulham, Chelsea’s Scott Sinclair and the Reading striker Leroy Lita.

Though Halford scored against Albion, none of the four have created the desired impact.

In a remarkable admission, Pardew said: “Prior to the Preston game, we had been searching for a team capable of winning automatic promotion. In doing so I muddled with the team and have now put our play-off position in jeopardy for which I take full responsibility.

“By bringing in loan players we tried to improve the side but in fact it knocked us back. Now we are fighting for our lives to get into the play-offs.

“What I do know is that the players we have here, whether they are here for a month or on four-year contracts, all want the best for this club. The spirit is good but we just couldn’t do enough to beat Albion.”[/quote]

Been saying it for weeks to anyone who will isten, we have more loans than the Halifax, and it cant be good for the club, no matter what Pardew says I dont believe they give a hoot, only in it for the shop window aspect, barring Halford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oooahhh, surely your drum must have a hole in it by now. You only play two tunes and it's getting very tiresome. (Personal opinion)
  • Options
    Very frank but frank admissions don't go down well in football. Usually ends in the tin tac.

Oddly saw Dowie on Sky on Saturday reporting from pitchside (ala Chris Kamara) at some 1 or 2 division game with the headphones on looking like Alan Partridge.

Can't see Pardoo doing that somehow. . .
  • Options
    Pardew's ego has been severly damaged to make this admission. I reckon it's because the valley is not singing the "Super Alan Pardew" chant anymore.

........move over spice girls as its now "Crowd Power"!
  • Options
    Feeeesshhh gets more of a mention, he's quicker than Sinclair & Cook that little fella
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ooahhmortimer[/cite]i'm sure dowie would admit that traore was a bad signing and he should have bought a newcastle road map.....

nothing is pardew's fault, how could he possibly replace super alan and deal with our atrocious away support?

as someone else said, zzzzz.
  • Options
    I think that this is really good from Pards making a change and admitting that hes amde a mistake alows a bit of humility ...

This may send a signal to the players....

This could be his last thorw of the dice "psychologically" the admitance of mistakes....

Im pleased hes admitted hes f*&*^*& it