Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards uses most players since 1921/22 season

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
he's used 35, only beaten by the 36 used in 1921/22. Says it all really, how could we expect any consistancy.

Comments

• Options
    Can he beat the record - who hasn't he played yet or can we get someone in on loan?
  • Options
    Time for Cory Gibbs!!
  • Options
    Cory and the last 10 mins against coventry for one of the yoof players...record broken!
  • Options
    is Kins or Robbo still registered as a player. Maybe Elliot could be called in to action before the end of the season.
  • Options
    21/22 was our first season in the league so technically all the players were making their league debuts but 11 had already played for the club the previous season in the Southern league so this is the most "new" players to play for the club in a season EVER.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]21/22 was our first season in the league so technically all the players were making their league debuts but 11 had already played for the club the previous season in the Southern league so this is the most "new" players to play for the club in a season EVER.

Did you get to many games that season H ??
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]21/22 was our first season in the league so technically all the players were making their league debuts but 11 had already played for the club the previous season in the Southern league so this is the most "new" players to play for the club in a season EVER.

Did you get to many games that season H ??

They said I was too old and brought lots of kids in on loan instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Time for Cory Gibbs!!
    Un-used substitute in USA's 3-0 win over Poland.

Pards must have asked him to be saved for Saturday...
  • Options
    Rumour is that Pardew does not rate Gibbs........ So he must be a useful player ... get him in!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Rumour is that Pardew does not rate Gibbs........ So he must be a useful player ... get him in!

He he ever seen him play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This 35 players caper really worries me. The only way I can rationalise it is if the club/Pards believes that the best chance of promotion lies next season.

Players like Racon and Moo2 have had little chance. Varney our best striker has been under utilised, so has Semedo, Thomas (maybe down to him). Todorov only made three starts including the fateful one. McLeod wasn't really given enough chance.

It seems to me that Pards has been churning things over so much that he can't see the wood for the trees. I like him and his positivity but there are occasions when positivity and decisiveness lead to over elaboration and unneccesary tinkering. Sometimes you just need to let things bed down and harmonise and he really hasn't done this except for a brief period around November when we played a pretty settled team and 4-5-1.

I come back to my original thought that this incredible churn rate is part of sowing the seeds of a plan which will be harvested next season. I f*cking well hope so because if we play 35 different players next season, there is no way we are going to be favourites for promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]This 35 players caper really worries me. The only way I can rationalise it is if the club/Pards believes that the best chance of promotion lies next season.

Players like Racon and Moo2 have had little chance. Varney our best striker has been under utilised, so has Semedo, Thomas (maybe down to him). Todorov only made three starts including the fateful one. McLeod wasn't really given enough chance.

well that's next seasons excuses sorted "we've got a young squad, with little experience, this is a learning season, part of a 3 year plan, the big push will be next season"