Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++++ Charlton Life Player of the Year 2007/08 Poll+++++

Comments

• Its about time Matty got it for loyalty to the club and services rendered. He needs to be shown that he has been appreciated... come to mummy.
  • Don't see how there is so many votes for Holland, on the basis that he didn't play until December. How can he be player of the season when he missed the first 3.5 months? He has done well since coming in, but surely not enough to make up for the gmes he missed whilst injured.

Weaver for me because he has played all the games and has not made many mistakes.

Everyone else hasn't played a full season or if they have, they have also had some poor games like ZZ.
  • i fink its quite sad that a goal keeper in this league for a team as 'good' as charlton would get player of the year. just shows what sort of season weve had
  • goalkeepers win it at charlton quite often...
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Don't see how there is so many votes for Holland, on the basis that he didn't play until December. How can he be player of the season when he missed the first 3.5 months? He has done well since coming in, but surely not enough to make up for the gmes he missed whilst injured.

If Holland plays in the rest of our games he'd have played over 30 games for us this season. Well enough in my book.
  • In my book, Player of the Year is not so much about talent - more about consistant performances & attitude.

It's a tough call between McCarthy & Holland - for sheer professionalism, determination & consistancy.

Ambrose, then. ;o)
  • Danny Mills!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]can;t believe you put Thomas on the list.

Can't believe you said that.
  • I voted Ambrose BTW.
  • Holland - 110% commitment.

PS When is the real vote taking place as i didn't see anyone collecting on saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2008
    No Andy Reid why not ???
  • I didn't see anyone collecting votes. I would have voted for the feeeeeeeeeesh.
  • Weres the Fans option as we are great
  • My vote went to Nicky Weaver. He'll be a Premier League goalie again next season, just not with us.. :o(
  • [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]My vote went to Nicky Weaver. He'll be a Premier League goalie again next season, just not with us.. :o(

my biggest fear too paddy powell.. think we'll miss him if he goes more than anyone
  • I voted for Paddy. It was a toss up between him and Holland with ZZ next.

I am not a great fan of Weaver. He's a good shot stopper but doesn't inspire me with confidence.
  • Can't believe I'm the only one to vote for Big Chris. You've all lost your minds!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Can't believe I'm the only one to vote for Big Chris. You've all lost your minds!
    April fool alert!
  • Holland for me and i cant believe im saying that, i for one didnt think he would play as much as he has, along with mccarthy who had a dodgy start - could be a future captain. person who i think has under performed - thomas by a mile
  • Well it looks like its safe to say it....

Congratulations Matt Holland - Charlton Life Player of the Year 2007/08
  • Sponsored links:

• Lets send a badge to congratulate him!
  • The one two three here is the same as at Bromley Addicks on Tuesday so I guess the CASC poll will be the same.
  • Shouldn't an online poll be nearer the end of the season though?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Shouldn't an online poll be nearer the end of the season though?

Our season ended a long time ago!
  • What's his prize then???
  • CASC have their one now online:

http://www.casc.org.uk/

Probably not the best way to do it "officially".
  • edited April 2008
    as we are doing the demelza thingy this week, shall me an Hillsy present him with our buffet left overs in honour of this great award
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite] Hillsy
    and

[cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite] buffet left overs

those words don't make any sense , it can never happen... FACT
  • set you up nicely there oohaah
  • Some bloke wrote into Four Four Two this month complaining that Jerome Thomas wasn't in their "50 Best Football League Players" feature saying "Jerome Thomas and Chris Brunt who, despite being undisputably inconsistent, have performed exceptionally for Charlton and West Brom respectively this season"