Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott free......

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Chelski mate who's cousin works there informs me we definately won't be seeing Scott Sinclair again this season.

No doubt another clubs' fans will be waxing lyrical about him in the very near future....

Comments

• Options
    As long as that club is not from Surrey and they get into the play offs at our expense because of him and his orange boots.
  • Options
    Can't say I'm devastated by this news.
  • Options
    Would love to know what went wrong,Thatcher was waxing lyrical about him on the sheff utd commentary on radio london.
  • Options
    does he need someone to drive him back?
  • Options
    For whatever reason he did sweet fanny adams for us.
  • Options
    gutted he done so well in his time with us......NOT
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Not surprised or upset.

I was on holiday a few years ago, just after Sinclair moved to Chels, and got chatting with this bloke called Paul Molesworth who was head scout for Bristol Rovers (where Sinclair came from) and he said that all he had was speed and thought the move was a bad one for him cos he hadn't had the chance to learn his trade yet.
  • Options
    I really think we missed a trick with this one. Couple of sub appearances at a fraught time was probably not the best indicator.

If we made the decision to bring him in, we should of made the same decision to give him 2-3 full games. If he hadn't done it, then move him out the side.

Instead, it will go down as joint equal in the most pointless loan category (with Lee Cook).

Pretty sure it won't be long before we are all saying 'why didn't he do that here'.

If given a proper chance, i'm pretty sure he would have.
  • Options
    Just joined Palarse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he definitely showed glimpses of what he can do. And you are spot on he's come in at a time when we've been absolute pants and everyone's expectations of him, me included, have been too high.
  • Options
    More disappointed about Cook to be honest, thought he offered something more in terms of his ability on the ball
  • Options
    Too many wingers & loanees have rocked the boat glad they have both gone. Perhaps one of the young lads may get a game when we have nothing to play for in a few games time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too many wingers & loanees have rocked the boat glad they have both gone. Perhaps one of the young lads may get a game when we have nothing to play for in a few games time.
    Boooooooo
  • Options
    This whole thing is a farce. What on earth is going on? Why bother trying to get the player, big him up when he joins, never play him and then as a result of all this rubbish he joins one of our play off rivals? From the outside looking in it makes us look like we are (a) clutching at straws and (b) have no idea what we are doing.
  • Options
    I expect those on the inside think it looks like a) and b)!
  • Options
    all makes Pards look a right prat. Be interesting to see what spin we put on this, if we actually do of course.
  • Options
    Underprepared in the fact this loan had been lined up weeks / months before it happened, surely we should of known where he was going to fit in and what he could do ?

Uncertain in our decision making, what must Sinclair of thought knowing he was coming to us and we then sign Cook ? What did Cook think on hearing we had signed Sinclair ? What did Thomas and Ambrose, who have been played throughout, make of it all ?

Unprofessional by making complete arses of ourselves. Why take the player on at this stage of the season if you are not convinced he will go straight into, and improve our first team ?

As I said the other day, there is some serious young talent coming through Chelsea's acadamy they will be looking to farm out over the next couple of years. Well its pretty likely now that they won't be coming here....
  • Options
    and the SLP says Cook could be on his way too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pards has already admitted the mistake as you posted yesterday, so he's not going to spin it out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Pards has already admitted the mistake as you posted yesterday, so he's not going to spin it out.

yes but only admitted it to the Kent Messenger and the fans that read that is very limited. Doubt we'd see the same admittance on the official site. Sinclair's departure will probably appear on a bullitin next week buried within another story. Could be wrong though !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Pards has already admitted the mistake as you posted yesterday, so he's not going to spin it out.

yes but only admitted it to the Kent Messenger and the fans that read that is very limited. Doubt we'd see the same admittance on the official site. Sinclair's departure will probably appear on a bullitin next week buried within another story. Could be wrong though !!

In fairness to Pards he's admitted he was wrong and to blow it up even more at such a crucial stage of the season would be even more unsettling. Autopsies on the season when it's finished i reckon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Where do you think the National Press get their stories from?
  • Options
    usually plucked from thin air Rothers...
  • Options
    as long as pards keeps admitting his mistakes i'm happy for him to continue to go on making them ..
    poor decision making FACT
  • Options
    [quote]Exciting attacker Scott Sinclair is hoping to dazzle the Valley faithful after clinching a loan deal from Chelsea for the rest of the season on Thursday.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32036&newstype=p[/quote]

[quote]Meanwhile, Sinclair has returned to Stamford Bridge after Pardew opted not to extend the youngster's initial month-long spell at The Valley.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32200&newstype=p[/quote]

LIES!!!!

In other news Lita has signed for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    You have to look at Sinclair and wonder, didn't really do it at Plymouth or QPR, hasn't impressed with us, and gawd knows what he'll do at Palace.

Maybe he's a tad overrated because he's a Chelsea starlet
  • Options
    not lies, spin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    Exciting attacker Scott Sinclair is hoping to dazzle the Valley faithful after clinching a loan deal from Chelsea for the rest of the season on Thursday.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32036&newstype=p
    Meanwhile, Sinclair has returned to Stamford Bridge after Pardew opted not to extend the youngster's initial month-long spell at The Valley.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32200&newstype=p

LIES!!!!

In other news Lita has signed for the rest of the season.

Will FIFA not want to have something to say about Sinclair as surely PalARSE will be the third side he has played for this year? (QPR, Us and now them).