Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best ever Charlton piss up

Away at Sunderland we won 2-1 and Dave Mehmet got price tagged up.

Comments

• Options
    Closely followed by Blackburn in cup replay in mini bus driven by Tavern.
  • Options
    Should never have stopped at the pub in Catterick
  • Options
    "Closely followed by Blackburn in cup replay in mini bus driven by Tavern."

I remember you dancing around that big away pub whilst holding a poster of Shearer that you had set fire to!!
  • Options
    Had a few recently, all home games. Hereford back in the 70's was a laugh. Coventry and Forest in the 90's.
  • Options
    Without a shadow of a doubt it was Liverpool away in the cup for me.

Had a quick beer in the pub at the station and got chatting to a random scouser who was going to the game. This was about five hours before kick off. He took me and my brother to a pub on the corner of the ground (which didn't allow away supporters). Sat for hours talking football with a massive table of Liverpool fans and they would not let us buy one drink, it was unbelievable.

I've never been so drunk at a game in all my life and can hardly remember a thing. The train journey and cab back at the end of the night was less fun.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    oh dear, pandora's box comes to mind

Everton away in the first year in the prem, we got done 4-1, Graham Stewart scored a pen, me and my mate showed our arses to the home fans in an act of definace, then got kicked out (why?) got back to Lime Street and missed our train, spent (yet another) 2 hours on the piss in the station boozer, got on the train, got kicked off at Crewe for whistling the Laurel and Hardy tune at the rozzers on the train.

Villa away, same season, top top game, "Danny Mills" screamed Barry Davis as we won 4-3 in extra time. We got to New Street 5 hours before the game, went bowling, had 8 pints (four stellas on the train on the way up) got to the game, it pissed down, Lopata was wearing a nun's get up (sorry Andy you looked like a prize cock) when we won I cried on the train back to new street.

Apart from that, pretty quiet really
  • Options
    dont know were to start here
  • Options
    It has to be a close run thing between

everton away i thnk we lost couldnt really tell you i know we met a bloke who looked like ravenelli and he stayed on the ale with us all day.

sheff weds away when carbone scored to make it 3 and i cheered cos i thought he played for us.

villa in the limo when we won 4 3 and browny was in goal

too close to pick
  • Options
    Villa away good call
  • Options
    blimey too many to mention.

Watford away one year was quite legendary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carlisle,bristol city 3 times,barnsley,brighton,southend,far to many more
  • Options
    The session before and after the first game back - we drank the H&G dry, I definitely got the beer taxi home after that one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Carlisle,bristol city 3 times,barnsley,brighton,southend,far to many more

Southend in the foresters
  • Options
    Had a good day out in the Drum & Monkey at Ipswich away in mid 90's? Game ended 4-4.
    Good weekends at both Plymouth and Bristol Rovers (Bath).
    Wass so p1ssed at Plymouth that Picther scored an og and we thought that he had equalised and it wasn't until the next day that we knew had lost 2-0.
  • Options
    Villa away for me too...bottles of wine and cans of Stella on the 8am train up there, banging on the door of the Cap 'n Gown at 10.30....massive crowd in the pub...beer, vodka, russian dancing, balti pies, broken seats and Danny Mills....superb.
  • Options
    Newcastle away. Cup replay after Keegan had gone.

Caught the flight up and got dropped off in Newcastle town centre at about 2.30ish. Started off with a few beers in The Strawberry and it all went down hill from there.

Similar to red murph we ended up chatting to a huge group of Geordies who wouldnt let us buy a beer. Ended up watching the whole game with one eye closed cos I was seeing double and trying to stop my equally pissed old man from toppling over the seat in front of him cos he'd lost all sense of balance......Cant even remember the flight back to Stansted!
  • Options
    Newcastle away a few years ago 5.15 ko.

Beers pretty soon after we left London at 8.30, in Newcastle for opening time, Bigg Market, that strippers place in the shopping centre...

That turned into pretty much a 20 hour session.
  • Options
    Roda pre-season away was the best laugh away I've had.

Turning up at their very new and ultra modern ground totally battered after a 3 hour train journey and drinking in a bikers pub beforehand. We when got to the ground we tried to gate crash the brasserie in the main stand, as we got turfed out the Team Coach turned up. . . . .Oh dear. Not good.

Remember Mervyn Day looking at us like we had just been dropped off by a spaceship (he wasn't wrong).

That was also the game where a guy tumbled, head first, over about 3 rows of seats and landed sitting up right in a seat.

We were all so f*cked it took about 10 seconds to sink in what he did.

Some of us lucky ones visited a FANTASTIC, erm, "nightclub" after the game. . . ;o)

Dublin Pre-season was also a great weekend on the piss.
  • Options
    Bro the everton game was the same game mentioned earlier the 4-1. it was the day after st georges day you nearly didnt make it and were throwing up in the car on a mad rush to the station. Jumble nearly missed the train as we were holding open the doors. In the punch and judy out side lime street happy hour from 12-8pm lol train delayed on way home fight with some Tranmere fans i think at the station after and i spent the whole train home with my head down the loo. And mr branson had to pay for cabs home as virgin trains were so late no conections back and you made the cab drivers day by going to enfield after dropping off at woolwich, welling and bexleyheath.

Those were the days
  • Options
    It's got to be Carlisle in our 1986 promotion year. Come kick off I didn't know whether I was Arthur or Martha. The game completely passed me by. I was asleep on the terrace for most of the game and got woken up at the final whistle. The journey back to the town centre sobered me up a bit, though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jumble didnt make the traibn thats why i had so many you know illegal substances to my self that ended me in a proper mess St georges night and our sunday team captain had a wet the baby head night that night too shit i was ruff
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Away at Sunderland we won 2-1 and Dave Mehmet got price tagged up.

Carlisle away May 1985, off to Blackpool afterwards, we took over the place, our unofficial coach of 50+ south london yobs, what a night/morning that was.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"Closely followed by Blackburn in cup replay in mini bus driven by Tavern."

I remember you dancing around that big away pub whilst holding a poster of Shearer that you had set fire to!!

Was that the one you had to do a quick exit?
  • Options
    "Carlisle away May 1985, off to Blackpool afterwards, we took over the place, our unofficial coach of 50+ south london yobs, what a night/morning that was."

Top, top day. I know it's been talked about on here previously but it really was superb.
  • Options
    Think the Minbus trip to Blackburn last season has gotta be up there, 8.00am onwards on the beers. Sco & Skint were found at the bottom of a single malt halfway home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think the Minbus trip to Blackburn last season has gotta be up there, 8.00am onwards on the beers. Sco & Skint were found at the bottom of a single malt halfway home.
    Closely followed by Liverpool away.

Chains of different flavoured Sambuccas till 7/8ish on a Sunday night in Liverpool - not a good idea!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"Closely followed by Blackburn in cup replay in mini bus driven by Tavern."

Was that the one you had to do a quick exit?

I think so mate i was so pissed Dave Mehmet had to help me to my seat at halftime,i thought we had drawn the game,when i got dropped off outside my house at 4 in the morning i had dave mehmet,bald1 and various others singin WEMBLEY,WEMBLEY at the top of their voices unfortunately i lived opposite the big old bill station in Bexleyheath.Had to go to work the next day at Nat West and turned up pissed out of my head. HAPPY HAPPY DAYS.
  • Options
    eddie the fight at everton was with port vale not tranmere
    I can't work out why no one has said about the great piss ups we had up at derby best one when we won 2 0 and i got kicked out coz i was so pissed i couldnt see the big no smoking sign at the front and lit a fag up but took a few of them to get me out. in the pub after i must have broke 6 or 7 glasses i was so drunk i couldnt hold them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    Watford away one year was quite legendary.

was that the day that snorting tequilla from a bottle top was the done thing? my eyes sting just thinking about that again.
  • Options
    Norwich away St georges day and Leeds away (the day they went down and came on the pitch at the end) were my personal best or worst depending on what way you look at it.

For Leeds left Maidstone East at 6.30am and was well on the way before we evn left London a few housr later. Solid drinking all the way up and in Leeds City centre till kik-off, back to the station after and another sever session all the way back to Maidstone - via a short stop at the flying Scotsman- (we emptied the train of first beer, then the mini vodkas), got to maidstone about 11pm and went clubbing till 3.30.

I wanted to die the next day!!!!!!