Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loan Deadline 5pm today. Expect any movement ?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
maybe Basey out ?

Comments

• Options
    and 6 more wingers in
  • Options
    and a couple of centre backs
  • Options
    this is what pardews good at , wheeling and dealing ... and his sides do well at this stage of the season
  • Options
    could b the final piece In the jigsaw of the promotion winning team
  • Options
    Don't expect anything coming in to be honest, other than an extension to Lita's loan.
  • Options
    Sinclair has gone to Palace on loan. He's bound to turn into Pele now.
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to sign in!
  • Options
    Halford out hopefully.
  • Options
    Surely we'll see someone coming in, as Sinclair and possibly Cook are leaving?
  • Options
    We'll see 5 wingers in, 6 wingers out, and Pardew losing track of who's here and who isn't... expect Ricky Otto to be the first name on his team sheet on Saturday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know we have thought the loanees have done badly and bringing another in could be detrimental but if we could get some real quality for central midfield such as Song then that is the only position I feel that we need strengthening.
  • Options
    Lita staying - confirmed on OS
  • Options
    From what i've heard the Sinclair loan signing caused a bit of trouble. We had to pay £60,000 (or something similar) every time Sinclair played whether he started or came on for the last 2 mins.

P Varney and co obviously preferred him to either start the game or not play at all, so what does Pard's do, send's him for the last ten minutes for 3 games, making no impact to the game at all. i.e sticking 2 fingers up to the board.

Add to the fact that Sinclair looked like a pile of sh*t whenever he played.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lita staying - confirmed on OS[/quote]

Drat! although if he does eventually score we might see one of his famous somersaults.

Is Cookie boy staying?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]From what i've heard the Sinclair loan signing caused a bit of trouble. We had to pay £60,000 (or something similar) every time Sinclair played whether he started or came on for the last 2 mins.

P Varney and co obviously preferred him to either start the game or not play at all, so what does Pard's do, send's him for the last ten minutes for 3 games, making no impact to the game at all. i.e sticking 2 fingers up to the board.

"P Varney and Co" don't pick the side or tell Pardew who to play or not so there's nothing about sticking two fingers up.

£60k per game! Whoever told you that is having a giraffe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lita staying - confirmed on OS

Drat! although if he does eventually score we might see one of his famous somersaults.

Is Cookie boy staying?

Not heard anything about him leaving but that doesn't anything either way. It's not my turn to pick the team this week.

In any case we have to meet the minimum five wingers quota imposed by Ken Livingstone, Chris Roberts and the EU ; -)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]From what i've heard the Sinclair loan signing caused a bit of trouble. We had to pay £60,000 (or something similar) every time Sinclair played whether he started or came on for the last 2 mins.

"P Varney and Co" don't pick the side or tell Pardew who to play or not so there's nothing about sticking two fingers up.

£60k per game! Whoever told you that is having a giraffe.

That's what i thought as well Ben, but it would fit in with Pardew's arrogant nature.

Just what i heard, so i'll listen to stuff with a pinch of salt next time. Either way was a pointless move getting Sinclair on loan, but i suppose Pard's has owned up to the mistake.
  • Options
    The one good thing about bringing in Cook and/or Sinclair is that it has, IMHO, spurred Thomas to start playing something like he can.

I will be pig sick if Sinclair starts doing it for Warnocks Wonders but he sure as hell wasn't doing it for us.

Can someone break into the training ground and build a bonfire of all the orange, yellow, blue, white, purple with green spots and any other boots that aren't black.

Back to basics time. No gloves, no coloured boots, no vests or cycling shorts, crew cuts for the whole team and give Weaver a green woolen jumper. No huddles or fancy warm ups. A bit of kicking in while having a fag and a cuppa is good enough. And scrap the pasta and go back to chicken and baked beans befor the game.

You know it makes sense. : - )
  • Options
    I will be pig sick if Sinclair starts doing it for Warnocks Wonders but he sure as hell wasn't doing it for us.

was he given an adequate chance in your opinion ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Do you think he was in a position to add anything to the side at the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Perhaps not. The side was struggling and he came off the bench but he didn't seem able to control or run with the ball.

I would have expected to have seen a lack of team play not knowing the other Charlton players but his individual ability seemed to go missing. This is strange as he is meant to be a flair player with pace so would have expected to see him running past people even if it was into a cul-de-sac.

Maybe he was trying too hard to impress or like a lot of 18 year olds is inconsistant and we got him at the wrong time for him and us.

Not writing him off as a player but I was very "disappointed" with what he did and didn't do for us.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    'Do you think he was in a position to add anything to the side at the moment?'

Yes.

Otherwise he shouldn't of been brought into the club in the first place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I will be pig sick if Sinclair starts doing it for Warnocks Wonders W*nkers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I will be pig sick if Sinclair starts doing it for Warnocks[strike]Wonders[/strike]W*nkers

Naughty, Naughty Bing. I would never describe our esteemed neighbours in such terms.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]"P Varney and Co" don't pick the side

There are times this season when they could have done a better job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The one good thing about bringing in Cook and/or Sinclair is that it has, IMHO, spurred Thomas to start playing something like he can.

Can someone break into the training ground and build a bonfire of all the orange, yellow, blue, white, purple with green spots and any other boots that aren't black.

Back to basics time. No gloves, no coloured boots, no vests or cycling shorts, crew cuts for the whole team and give Weaver a green woolen jumper. No huddles or fancy warm ups. A bit of kicking in while having a fag and a cuppa is good enough. And scrap the pasta and go back to chicken and baked beans befor the game.

You know it makes sense. : - )

cardigans instead of tracksuit tops during warm up.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You're getting the hang of fashion now Kap : - )
  • Options
    wonder if pardew aquired anymore wanky wingers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I will be pig sick if Sinclair starts doing it for Warnocks Wonders but he sure as hell wasn't doing it for us.
    Feeling sick yet Henry?
  • Options
    Gutted