Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youga to Scunny (again) ??

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Scunthorpe United manager Nigel Adkins has not ruled out some last ditch transfer activity before the emergency loan deadline tonight.

He has been trying to bring Charlton full-back Kelly Youga back to Glanford Park for a second loan spell.Youga (pictured), was a great success with the Iron during the first half of the season, making 19 league appearances, and Adkins tried to sign him full-time before he returned to The Valley in January.

He even agreed a £150,000 fee with the Addicks, only for the move to be scuppered by Youga's agent.

The player returned to South London and got back into the first team for Charlton, but has lost his place again in recent weeks.

"I have asked the question about Kelly, but Alan Pardew is saying 'no' at the moment," said the United boss.

Comments

• Options
    Well seeing as he seems to have been dropped from the whole squad i wouldnt blame the kid. He seems like all he wants to do is play football whether it is for us or Welling!
  • Options
    i think Youga is class. be a shame to let him go anywhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]i think Youga is class. be a shame to let him go anywhere.

especially for 150k although it seems that was agreed before he came back and got in the first team. I'm sure he'll stay now though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]i think Youga is class. be a shame to let him go anywhere.

especially for 150k although it seems that was agreed before he came back and got in the first team. I'm sure he'll stay now though.

Cotract negotiations on going
  • Options
    wicked hair as well....
  • Options
    Charlton have turned Scunthorpe down according to BBC.
  • Options
    Well it's after 5, so assume he's still here?
  • Options
    Surely he s more of a long term prospect than Thatcher. For that sort of money it would be stupid to sell him.
  • Options
    Here's a bit from Kelly's website, put on yesterday:

http://www.icons.com/youga/diary.html?26.03.08
  • Options
    Thanks for that footballno7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This icons site, I just can't honestly see these players writing those things.

anyone else think they're either written by journalist or a fan after a telephone call or something?
  • Options
    pardew writes em;-)
  • Options
    No worries!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]This icons site, I just can't honestly see these players writing those things.

anyone else think they're either written by journalist or a fan after a telephone call or something?

You are such a cynic : - )

For a Frenchman he does have very good use of English phrases and cliche's though.