Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Promotion Next season

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I really fear that however much we improve next season the quality of this division will also increase at a pace. Of the potential relegation teams i think Fulham will do a Sheff U and sink with little trace, Derby will come down with a £30 mill parachute payment, surely that will go some way towards strengthening them for a return, however crap they look in the Prem. They do have a number of players who they have added to the squad this season that will hurt the rest of the Championship, QPR with all their millions look outstanding favourites - OK money does not buy you promotion, but it helps. I have a suspicion that West Borm are too stretched, even if they lose out in the FA Cup semis and will again be destined to appear in the play offs, if they can hold their squad together despite the loss of the play off money. Ipswich have new money and IU think Wolves have too, Coventry have got new owners. We are still short in key positions of quality rather than numbers - central midfield and up front. One thing in our favour is that we are no longer the team to beat. I do fear a play off place only next yuear - that said its a darn sight better than I fear for this season.

Comments

• Options
    QPR will spend money, but I still think they lack a manager with experience of the Championship to make them favourites.

Ipswich haven't spent now, and don't look like spending, Coventry aren't flushed with cash, neither are Wolves.

West Brom have no more parachute payments next year. As for Derby, I just don't know, the side isn't much better then the one that got a tad lucky in the play offs, and I can see the likes of Savage going in the summer.

As for us, who knows
  • Options
    Guess work can be a bit of fun.

But really, nobody's going to have any idea what's going to happen until teams next season have played at least 10 games.

And even that's no proper indication - top of the league early on this season was Coventry, Barnsley in were in the top 4, now both barely above the relegation zone.

And Norwich, QPR, & Palace in the bottom 3.

And only one of last year's Prem relegated sides, regardless of spending power, are in the playoff zone at the moment.
    No guarantees in football. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Guess work can be a bit of fun.

But really, nobody's going to have any idea what's going to happen until teams next season have played at least 10 games.

And even that's no proper indication - top of the league early on this season was Coventry, Barnsley in were in the top 4, now both barely above the relegation zone.

And Norwich, QPR, & Palace in the bottom 3.

And only one of last year's Prem relegated sides, regardless of spending power, are in the playoff zone at the moment.
    No guarantees in football. ;o)

weren't we still 2nd after 10?
  • Options
    How can you get promoted from the Premiership....? :o)
  • Options
    Teams coming down will have alot of money but they'll be like us having to totally rebuild apart from Derby.

Pointless guessing. Who would've thought Watford/Derby/Reading who would've but them down as their pre season favourites.

And this year Hull/Bristol City and to a lesser extent Stoke.