Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ex Charlton players..where are they now??

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I never once got to see my cousin play for Charlton...for a number of reasons. His name was Paul Linger and he played under Curbishley when we were in the Championship. He had a fair few appearances. Does anyone remember him? Around 1995 season i think? He later went on to play for a number of clubs after breaking his leg.. including Leyton Orient, Welling, Brighton, Thurrok and then finally Wingate and finchley. I did watch a few of his matches as he got to the end of his career. Looked technically very good. Anyone shed some light on his performances for Charlton???

Comments

• Options
    hardly played a 1st team game mate. certainly don't remember him playing that many
  • Options
    He was a decent little player, just didn't happen really.

Scored a great goal away at Ipswich once.

What is up to now mate ? Still involved in football in any way ?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    In 98/99 Paul Linger played for Harchester United....

"Our" Paul Linger made 5 starts, 18 sub appearances and scored one goal between 01-07-1993 and 23-09-1997

185440.jpg
  • Options
    An ex girlfriend of mine met him in Flamingos in Woolwich one Friday night and was less than complimentry about him!
  • Options
    No not as far as i know. Last time i saw him play was for Thurrok. He's mid 30s now so career is over. Was told he was a good player. When he broke his leg Curbs gave him the chance to stay, but he dcided to try and make it in the league below. I was told box to box player lot of energy.... Never actually asked past charlton fans about him tbh.
  • Options
    Who is this ex Charlton player:

mysteryplayernw9.png
  • Options
    Josh, anyone that gets to feature in the Championship is a good player, even if it only lasted for 5 games. Shame he broke his leg, he may not of cracked it long-term at Championship level, but i'm sure it must of had a negative impact on his career.
  • Options
    They used to call Linger Cloughie after Nigel Clough. I thought he was pretty good, in those days I used to take in the odd reserve game as well and he looked a prospect but that leg break seemed to stop him in his tracks
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Josh, anyone that gets to feature in the Championship is a good player, even if it only lasted for 5 games. Shame he broke his leg, he may not of cracked it long-term at Championship level, but i'm sure it must of had a negative impact on his career.[/quote]

I am sure you didn't mean the pun; broken leg and cracked it long-term in the same sentence?
  • Options
    sorry Solid, my humour is fractured...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]sorry Solid, my humour is fractured...

Snap!
  • Options
    Can someone guess my player. ;-(
  • Options
    ....pull the other one!
  • Options
    No WSS we are nto playing your game - LOL

Haven't a clue
  • Options
    Have a go...
  • Options
    did linger not score a screamer at ipswich?
  • Options
    WSS is that an inflatable kim grant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]WSS is that an inflatable kim grant
    It is.

From his AFC Wimbledon player profile
  • Options
    he looks a bit scarier now , was he the player who cried when getting booed at the valley and curbs substituted him..... he'd find it a lot tougher now
  • Options
    Look at this story:

Few, however, will have gone through an experience as shocking as Kim Grant.

The thirty four year old striker had been winding down his career in Singapore with Geylang United when he was sacked for a serious breach of discipline. His offence? Swearing.

Whilst a clearly surprised – as would, admittedly, be anyone coming from a European culture – Grant said that “I admitted it was an error and I apologised for it. It is part of my culture and I did not say it to anyone's face. I looked down and exclaimed angrily. I did not think it would hurt anyone”, the club’s official position was “Grant breached the rules when he used the language at the office in front of a few other players as well as other staff. The vulgarity was targeted at the club... we felt it was unacceptable.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that's aload of b****x ;-)
  • Options
    What a c**t
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]did linger not score a screamer at ipswich?

He did and I was there. Great goal in a 5 - 1 win (leaburn got a hat-trick).

Remember him as a decent player like someone said box to box. I think Lee Bowyer came into the side around the same time so maybe limited his chances which is no disgrace.

Hope he's doing well.

If you speak to him Josh tell him there's a Former Players Association and a Vets team he might be interested in (if he doesn't know already)
  • Options
    That can not be kimberly gant

he looks like Mark the beast epstein

not that little fecka who spent most of his football career on his backside he went down more times than heskey
  • Options
    Will do Henry...found out some good info. cheers guys, appreciate it.
  • Options
    Was it Linger that broke his leg at Port Vale?
    The trainer came to treat him and he palyed on for about 1 min and then fell over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Was it Linger that broke his leg at Port Vale?
    The trainer came to treat him and he palyed on for about 1 min and then fell over.

Aye. Correct.