Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards concedes Sinclair exit has risks

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2151977.0.pards_concedes_sinclair_exit_has_risks.php

Comments

• Options
    I don't recall Lita earning his right via little cameos...
  • Options
    "Chelsea were pretty cool about it"

he is so down with the kids
  • Options
    Pards would be better off keeping his mouth shut. It is what comes out of his mouth that comes back to haunt him!
  • Options
    If warnock, as reported, has told Sinclair he ll play every week for Palace,you cant blame him for going. Maybe thats not the last we ll see of hi thi season.
  • Options
    What did he do that made me think he was better than thomas or ambrose or cook

Nothing

did he get a fair chance

yes

when you come on loan look lively have a first touch and take them fecking boots off you have not earned the right to wear them as you are just starting out
    sinclair gone good it didnt work see you good luck and so long
  • Options
    what chance and when
  • Options
    Pards & the management team have had the chance to run the eye over him at close quarters, for a month.

Maybe there was something they didn't much like - and it was nothing to do with ability on the ball.
  • Options
    he got into the team played most of the game against preston and didnt show a thing, Bristol as a sub he should have been flying down that wing he couldnt trap a thing good ridance imo who are chelsea to tell us he has to play
  • Options
    Harsh. We do seem to expect a lot of inexperienced youngsters.

Preston match - he came into a team playing so badly they wouldn't be able to even raise a pass on Mastermind.

Bristol match - after running the match, the team had already imploded and could barely hang onto a point.
    And he had only 10 minutes or so.

So for a sub new to the club, always difficult if the team is playing disjointedly and without confidence.
    Unless he had an attitude problem - remember, he's only a kid.
  • Options
    The truth is that

1. he had plenty of competition for his place whereas Palarse have no decent wide players (other than Scannell who plays wide right anyway). So he was always fighting to get a place.

2. he made no impact as a sub on a couple of occasions, then had a longer run out against Preston when the whole team played poorly (except for Paddy and Matty). The crowd got at him as he stumbled and bumbled his way around the pitch, failing to get past his marker or make a telling lay off or shot, and I'm sure it would have knocked his confidence.

I think frankly he was the wrong player to have been signed, bearing in mind the number of wide player options we already have and Pards sussed it and has allowed him to go - reluctantly to a rival

To me this is Pards trying to make things happen rather than working with what he's got.

What I don't understand (and it may be dealt with elsewhere) is how he can be allowed to play for three different clubs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Complete waste of money.
  • Options
    How much was that imtpm?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    as someone pointed out on another thread the arrival of sinclair gave thomas a much needed kick up the backside and improved his form imo and with the cameras there against wba i think he improved more and the good news is we're on the box saturday!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]How much was that imtpm?

Whatever Sinclairs wages were? Be it a £1 a Euro or £30000.

And why do we need to spend that money on Sinclair to get Thomas to perform.

I dont recall in my employment my boss saying 'Oh we have just brought in John Smith on £30k, we dont need him but we thought you might work harder if you had some competition for your job'. They are taking the piss with our money.
  • Options
    "our money" imtpm?

Considering that some of the Directors have pumped in over £10m of THEIR own money I think that point is a little off the mark.

What we spend on Charlton - although may be a lot to us - is peanuts (excuse the pun) in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"our money" imtpm?

Considering that some of the Directors have pumped in over £10m of THEIR own money I think that point is a little off the mark.

What we spend on Charlton - although may be a lot to us - is peanuts (excuse the pun) in the grand scheme of things.

At the risk of being pedantic, it is shareholders' money and there are about 2,000 of them - maybe imtpm is one of them. I am and I'm pretty pi**ed off at the money that's been wasted in the past 2 years.
  • Options
    All the peanuts sticking together! ;-)

Thats fair enough though - i'm annoyed at how much money has been wasted but not because its "my money" but because it has affected the club that I have a great passion for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"our money" imtpm?

So my season ticket wasnt bought with my money? However small its still our money. And maybe what I spend on Charlton is a far high percentage of what I can afford than Mr Murray or Chappell or anybody else for that matter. Who knows.
    I made the point some weeks back that if Mr Thomas was performing better because we had Sinclair/Cook on board then in some way that really pisses me off. We have to spend 3 lots of wages for JT to do what he should have done all season.
  • Options
    Just playing devil's advocate, and I appreciate the money we spend is a significant amount for a lot of us.
  • Options
    As it happens I am a shareholder.

I fully appreciate season ticket revenue is 'peanuts' in the big picture. But it is revenue nevertheless and I presume some of it is spent on wages.

So in that sense I think every season ticket holder has a right to express an opinion about how that money is spent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]All the peanuts sticking together! ;-)

Thats fair enough though - i'm annoyed at how much money has been wasted but not because its "my money" but because it has affected the club that I have a great passion for.

Absolutely.
  • Options
    Also the money "we" put in (season tickets, food, merchandise etc) over a lifetime is put in and stays there. What the shareholders put in, especially the big city boys, they will get back once they sell the club. so it could be argued "we" put in far more than Murray et al in the long run
  • Options
    Can we get back to the Sinclair exit has risks scenario.

Domesday scenario

Sinclair does well for Palarse
    JT reverts to pre Sinclair performances

That will hurt. or

Sinclair does just the same at Palarse..splinters et al
    JT continues to improve and is able to deliver final ball with some positive results

Tomorrow is a massive game!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

What I don't understand (and it may be dealt with elsewhere) is how he can be allowed to play for three different clubs?

Actually, Palace will be his 4th club this season, Bing - Chelsea, QPR, Charlton and Palace.

The point is all these clubs are under the jurisdiction of the England FA.

But Sinclair would have come a cropper if he'd been loaned to a Scotland FA club, say Rangers (like Faye couldn't play for Blackburn/3rd Club) or even Cardiff City, Wales FA.
  • Options
    Fair comment by JT.

Seems he doesnt think its a crap league.
  • Options
    I am a long way from being his greatest fan, but glad to hear he played well last week and he continues tomorrow. He has the talent just such a shame he seems to have lacked the application to make it count.

Let's hope he doesn't catch a cold today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Actually, Palace will be his 4th club this season, Bing - Chelsea, QPR, Charlton and Palace.

The point is all these clubs are under the jurisdiction of the England FA.

But Sinclair would have come a cropper if he'd been loaned to a Scotland FA club, say Rangers (like Faye couldn't play for Blackburn/3rd Club) or even Cardiff City, Wales FA.

Cheers Oggy, that clears things up.