Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its time for all us doubters...........

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
....to change our hats and put on the ridiculously optimistic one for the weekend.

Though you would not know it from reading the thoughts on here and elsewhere, the FACT remains our season is still very much alive, as is the prospect of a tenth anniversary trip to Wembley.

We are in a straight battle now with half a dozen teams with only six games to go. The supporters of every one of those sides are excited and eager of their prospects and run in. All except us. You wouldn’t even know we had a game tomorrow, let alone a crucial one against a play-off rival.

We need to put all player and manager reservations to one side and try and muster 100% backing for the lads when the whistle blows. No booing, no moaning, just good old fashioned getting behind the team. Take every game at a time.

Just one victory and a couple of results going our way, and the picture will look extremely different. A win for us and defeat for others will see the nerves creep in at all the other clubs. Though we haven’t shown it, they all know that on our day we have the ability in our locker to outplay a lot of these sides around us. A good win on live TV will more than re-enhance that.

Get behind the manager, get behind the players, and try and be that extra man.

This season is NOT over.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS

Comments

• Options
    Are you Pardew, are you Pardew, are you Pardew in disguise...?!
  • Options
    Here's to a Charlton v Palace play off final...
  • Options
    I think so...

sorry if this was posted but not looked properly.
  • Options
    I'm with you AFKA - I have said before we are not out of it yet. Teams above will lose games this weekend that top of the table will change again this weekend.

We are CHARLTON we don't do things easily.

Leroy Lita will be tha man this weekend
  • Options
    People have more trust in me than they do in Pards though :-)
  • Options
    How many TV games have we won so far this season by the way ?

Let me see there was Stoke Away, QPR at home, WBA away, err WBA at home have I missed any :-)

Of course you are right Smudge, most of us ALWAYS back the team on matchday perhaps we should shout down the dissenters on Saturday when they start booing!
  • Options
    i think we will win on saturday! need to keep ebanks blake quiet tho.
  • Options
    Watford
  • Options
    preston away?
  • Options
    sounds like 7th time lucky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]preston away?

only TV win of the season
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We are in a straight battle now with half a dozen teams with only six games to go.

Scary, going for sixth, six to go, six teams involved - 666 the number of the devil
  • Options
    Thanks Delia!
  • Options
    Aaaagh! I'd just posted on this thread wearing my ridiculously optimistic Oggy hat.

And it's not here....... must have been intercepted by Cyber-Moaners, who've censored it for not being ....'realistic'.

;o)
  • Options
    "ridiculously optimistic "

BLIMEY
  • Options
    WSS says we will win so it's locked on. Get on it you infidels!
  • Options
    lol - i am not predicting tomorrow's result.

(we'll win 3-1 with Lita, Varney and Iwelumo getting the goals)
  • Options
    Our leader has spoken we must all now sing our hearts out saturday and not just cafc cafc cafc however i hate it but that is what some only sing so i wont join in but i wont scream out that we are not gay to the same tune
  • Options
    Well said AFKA.It s too early to give it all up yet.Get behind the team,its gotta change soon.
  • Options
    get real peeps
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The season is for 46 League games - so we might as well enjoy the remaining matches.

Otherwise it's like the team giving up, only 1-0 down with 10 minutes left, Steve ......
    You still got to play 90 minutes. ;o)
  • Options
    I'm with you AFKA, lets put the moaning and misery behind us and get behind the boys.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
  • Options
    joshin oggy i couldn't take all the positiveness,i cant go tomorrow as im on a golf weekend only ive come down with flu for the first time in 4 feckin years,to tell you the truth i might give the golf a swerve get absolutely lashed and then sing my heart out in the boozer and make myself look stupid.I love Charlton to death and pray we put it in for the last 6 games.Common you rip roaring goal scoring addicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Tomorrow is probably the most important game since................
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Stevo from the North Stand (Covered End you mean?). I know mate, you're Charlton all the way through, Red & White blood, no other way. Just know that this season looks fckd up ....... but mate, you don't know, no one knows.

All the while we have a chance ...... NEVER GIVE UP !

10 years ago, I remember sitting through a 0-0 home draw with Bury - and the Covered End were chanting, "Curbs OUT, Curbs OUT!".

Hey, just supposing they'd got their wish. We could be fighting re-election with Mansfield Town by now.
    Why? Because people could've given up - and the Prem glory years would never have happened.

Mate, NEVER give up. You just don't know what's round the corner.
    We might still end up in the Prem yet, maybe more by luck than judgement.

44 seasons since I first went down The Valley as a nipper - like others, in some ways I've seen it all; I know from what you write that you've been round the block too.

But we have seen it all - that 3-1 win against Bobby Charlton's Preston, winning promotion back to the 2nd Division and us fans celebrating in the pitch, Christ, 33 years ago!

Mike Bailey winning promotion at the 1st attempt at Carlisle with virtually the same side that had got relegated.
    What a train trip back to Euston that was!

That reserve match against Swansea when Charlton signed a European Player of the Year.

Waiting by the radio in 1984 to hear whether Charlton had been wound up, destroyed by the Inland Revenue - and then that last minute reprieve.

Beating Stoke 2-0 but standing all together on the pitch as we'd all thought Robert Lee's goal was the last goal we'd ever seen at The Valley.

That 1st Division match against Sheff Wed, when we saw Lennie the Legend's raggle taggle nomads play a top flight match for the 1st time in 29 years. Amos' winner as we won 1-0 at Old Trafford and Ron Atkinson and all his bling was fired.

At St Andrews, Peter Shirtliff deciding that losing 1-0 with 7 minutes left in extra time meant that WE STILL HAD A CHANCE OF SAVING OUR FUTURE.

Last 7 minutes...... he NEVER gave up!!!!

And took it in HIS own hands to decide that he wasn't going to quit - scored TWICE in the last 7 minutes, saved Charlton from oblivion, almost single handed. Shirts - you are a LEGEND!

Getting to Wembley in 1987 for the 1st time in 40 years ......nobody of my generation could imagine that would ever happen in their lifetime.

Paul Miller's equaliser at Stamford Bridge which kept us in the top flight against all the odds and relegated Chelsea.

That 3-0 victory against Derby County at Selhurst that ensured we finished on the giddy heights of 14th in the top flight
    - 3 goals past the then invincible England keeper, Peter Shilton by little E-number consuming Paul Williams and his plucky 'little Charlton' team mates.

The Valley Party and that night at Woolwich Town Hall, when we finally heard that we were returning to The Valley.

The march to The Valley, the sheer buzz/atmosphere, and Colin Walsh's winner against Pompey.
    Darren Pitcher's winner away at Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup replay, as we beat the Premier League champions 1-0 away.

The FA Cup Quarter Final at Old Trafford, where we gave Man Utd the scare of their lives in the 1st half.
    "It can only get better ...."

And it did. 1998. 8 wins 'on the spin' (as Curbs would say) and a goal less draw at Brum - 9 games without conceding a goal. Ipswich beaten (cheers Newts) and the Sunderland play off final. Rufus never gave up before he equalised 5 mins from the end. Who was the hero - hat trick Mendonca, Sacha Ilic, or Newts with his winning pen?
    Wrong! . Every one of them......

Prem football. 0-0 at Newcastle with 10 men. 5-0 and a Mendonca hat trick against Southampton ...and TOP of the PREM (well after 2 matches ....!) 0-0 at Highbury and then 1-0 lead at Old Trafford .......before the roof fell in.
    Villa Park, won 4-3 Browny in goal and Mills the late goalscoring hero......

Relegation - but Charlton record points wins the title, after record successive 12 wins.
    Team stuffed with current internationals, 7 years in the Prem, including 9th & 7th placings and, except Man Utd, wins against all the elite .....

Think about all the late goals we scored ......

Steve, just imagine if we'd given up....???????

So, mate, we shout it together:
    Common you rip roaring goal scoring addicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oggy thats feckin inspirational someone forward that on to Pards if the players and fans read this,the atmosphere would be electric.

COMMON YOU RIP ROARING GOAL SCORING ADDICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hopefully we can kick-start our season here...
  • Options
    Oggy what a great post, I was there for most of that, gonna print that out and frame it. Send it to pards to read to the team today with Jerusalem playing in the backgrouind.
  • Options
    Blimey oggy,I wish my memory was as good as yours.:)
  • Options
    It's not too late!
    We've as good a chance of a playoff place as any other team - a win today could put us into 6th.

All I want is for our fans to get behind the team and lift the atmosphere whether the team are performing or not.

Think of the atmosphere home to Spuds last year.
    That 's what The Valley needs to be like every game!