Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team v Wolves

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Forsee any changes ?

Who will he replace Gray with if he doesn't start ?

Comments

• Options
    Bougherra in
    Varney in

Sodje & Gray out
  • Options
    yeah as ketman said they'd be my team changes in A MUST WIN GAME
  • Options
    i dont like labelling games must win. but this truly is!

Varney in
    Gray out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Forsee any changes ?

Who will he replace Gray with if he doesn't start ?

We need to win so I'd like to see Youga back for Thatcher and maybe Moo2 for Halford although Halford's throw might be useful.

I'd like to see Varney and Lita again but he might be shy of that after Preston meaning Lita and Big Chris.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hopefully Magic is back and I'd prefer ZZ in for Holland. Moo2 would be good as well.
    Up front it is hard to say, got the skills of Lita so perhaps go for the lump of Iwelumo, or maybe have Varney on the wing and Ambrose playing off Lita?

Weaver
    Moo2 Paddy Magic Thatcher
    --------- Semedo ZZ ---------
    Varney Ambrose Thomas
    Lita
  • Options
    Pards will play Varney, otherwise there's not enough pace in the team, as we saw last week against W Brom.
  • Options
    Weaver

Halford
    Thatcher
    Sodje
    McCarthy

Thomas
    Ambrose
    Holland
    ZZ

Iwelumo
    Lita

Subs: Elliot, Bougherra, Semedo, Varney, Cook
  • Options
    Play cookie boy from the start in place of big Chris.
  • Options
    weaver

yassin bougherra mccarthy thatcher (i'd play youga but i know pards won't)

ambrose holland zz cook

varney lita
  • Options
    I missed the west brom game and am not a fan of JT, but if played as well as I have heard then surely he should keep his place, unless he has cracked a toe-nail of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever happens, Holland and Semedo CANNOT play together in a four man midfield...
  • Options
    Weaver

Yassin Magic Sodje Youga

Ambrose Samedo Holland ZZ

Varney Lita

narrow in the middle but with some pacey full backs and two runners up front.

4 - 3 to us.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    5 or 6 changes from the last game in all of the teams mentioned (apart from Peakie's).

Do you think this is a good idea? This chopping and changing has done us no favours all season!
  • Options
    JT has to start, other than that Varney and Lita are far too similar to play together, so i'd go for Gray (if fit) with Lita.
  • Options
    I think Varney and Lita might work. Varney runs the channels and go wide to get crosses in.

When we had Varney and McLeod both running at teams we looked dangerous and created chances/pens
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Play cookie boy from the start in place of big Chris.

Is Cook still here after all, then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Hopefully Magic is back and I'd prefer ZZ in for Holland. Moo2 would be good as well.
    Up front it is hard to say, got the skills of Lita so perhaps go for the lump of Iwelumo, or maybe have Varney on the wing and Ambrose playing off Lita?

Weaver
    Moo2 Paddy Magic Thatcher
    Semedo ZZ
    Varney Ambrose Thomas
    Lita

Possible have Youga instead of Thatcher but other than that, that's the team I'd go for.
  • Options
    I d go for that too. Ambrose is much more effective in the middle.
  • Options
    I think Pardew wont be too displeased with the Ipswich and WBA performances so I reckon the only changes will be forced. Assuming Gray is out injured and ZZ is knackered and Bougy is fit again.

Weaver
    Halford Sodje McCarthy Thatcher
    Ambrose Semedo Holland Thomas
    Lita Varney

Subs Elliott Bougy ZZ Iwelumo Cook
  • Options
    My mate who is qpr knows a few academy players there and said that during the week lee cook was at qpr talking about a deal going back there!Apparently pardew didnt say anything to him.
    Back to the team...
    salad...i think your team was spot on i like the thought of varney thomas and ambrose just behind lita...could cause some damage, especially if thomas plays the same as he has been the last few games!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weaver
    Halford Bougy McCarthey Thachter
    Ambrose Semedo Holland Thomas
    Lita Big Chris

Subs Elliott Varney Cook ZZ and GIBBS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My Team:

Weaver

Moo2
    Fortune
    Sodje
    Youga

Thomas
    Zhi
    Semedo
    Ambrose

Lita
    Varney

Subs:

Elliot
    Bougherra
    Holland
    Cook
    Iwelumo

Team Pards is likely to pick:

Weaver

Halford
    McCarthy
    Sodje
    Thatcher

Thomas
    Holland
    Zhi
    Ambrose

Iwelumo
    Lita

Subs:

Elliot
    Bougherra
    Semedo
    Cook
    varney
  • Options
    I would start with Iwelumo and Lita and have Varney on the bench or even on the wing. Who on the other wing - JT or Cook perhaps???
  • Options
    Weaver
    Halford-Bougy-McCarthy-Thachter
    Ambrose-Semedo-Holland-Thomas
    Lita-Varney
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Whatever happens, Holland and Semedo CANNOT play together in a four man midfield...

Holland and Semedo together in midfield... a centre half convert and a DM... fan bloody tastic

at times yesterday, both were within 10 yards of the backline in their own half when we had possession, leaving 2 isolated strikers, a central midfielder out wide and a winger who was ridiculously taken off (and i hate thomas by the way but he looked lively and has done for a few weeks now, whether he's angling for his prem move or not)... then we bought Zheng on at halftime... and guess what? we played another CM outwide

i just don't know how more people are not picking up on this (namely the ones paid £1mil+ to do so)

together in a 4-5-1, yes
    separately (though Semedo has had a mare recently), yes
    like it is? NO!

Why the hell is Racon on a jolly in Sussex at the moment?
  • Options
    So, none of our qualified coaches on here got the team selection right then - and arguably neither did Pards!
  • Options
    Perhaps Pards makes his team selections according to our advice on here .......

Moots & Yougs + Boogie, please Pards. He he he.