Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pardew

2»

Comments

• Options
    how about Paul Ince
  • Options
    McCarthy is not immune far form it. he got done by a great bit of skill forthe 2nd that could have done anyone.

3rd goal is harsh to blame him but i agree he could/should have known henry was there.
  • Options
    Wrong team selection, wrong tactics, wrong signings. Our insistence on playing long ball this season might work if Iwelumo could win headers and two, if we were big and physical enough to handle it, we're not.

I'm not saying Pardew out but he really has to sort this mess of a team out in the summer, cut it down and create a TEAM out of it, otherwise we'll be dabbling with relegation next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Wrong team selection, wrong tactics, wrong signings. Our insistence on playing long ball this season might work if Iwelumo could win headers and two, if we were big and physical enough to handle it, we're not.

Spot on BRE. Pardew's comments at the start of the seaon that we would be "playing our way out of this division" now seem laughable when you consider how we have acyually played!
  • Options
    His purchases really haven't worked out - that Ebanks guy is to Wolves what McClown should be to us.

Therefore we are overly reliant on players who were here before he arrived, I only think Weaver has been a success of those he has brought in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]that Ebanks guy is to Wolves what McClown should be to us

more Andy Gray really... same time... sameish price... same kind of move from "smaller" to "bigger"... both had scored plenty of goals at this level

don't think we chased the right one!
  • Options
    I remember seeing Ebanks-Blake at Plymouth last season, soon after they'd signed him from Man Utd reserves for a bargain £150,000 -

At first, he was all promise and potential - and very nervous, missing good chances from good positions
    - eBay-Blanks, they called him. lol

But once he'd settled, got a goal or 2 under his belt and the self-belief began to flow, he looked a different proposition - and that's the player we saw yesterday. And he's going to get better.

Andy Gray is well established and has a good reputation at this level. But like most players, needs to play with the right players and get the right service. It's not happening for him right now, but he shouldn't be discounted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]he shouldn't be discounted

no Oggy, i don't think we could give him away for free ;-)