Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Air Crash

edited March 2008 in Not Sports Related
This afternoon, a small small plane into a residential area in Orpington and 5 are feared dead.
"I looked into the eyes of the pilot and a female passenger just seconds before it crashed because the plane was heading straight for my house in Hale Close," he said.

"I thought it was going to hit our house and kill us but looking up I could see the terror in the plane passengers' eyes as they whizzed past us.

Horrible, scary stuff to say the least.

RIP

Comments

• Took off from Biggin Hill and landed on a house in Farnborough, fortunately the occupants were on holiday.
  • about 150 yards from lennie lawrence's house.
  • About 800 yards from where I used to live
  • i was away on golf weekend with some friends,my mate gets a call from his missus telling him a plane has just gone down behind there house.All the emergency services had to use his back garden to get to the wreckage,his missus tried to help but said it was carnage.
  • I spent a days racing with Daid Leslie at Thruxton when he was in the Nissan BTCC team. Smashing bloke, taught me how to oversteer in a front wheel drive Primera, then cursed me when I overtook him in the wet at the chicane. His own fault really.

RIP David.
  • edited March 2008
    My father was brought up a few hundred yards from where the plane crashed and some of my family go to the school very close to the crash site. The residents in this area have been worried for years about such an eventuality.
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]About 800 yards from where I used to live

Where did you live then Oggy?
  • This is a bit weird as I'm just reading a book about an airplane crash. Two planes that collide in fact.

It's a dead clever book. 'Snatchers' from the future come back in time to take the living bodies of those who are about to die in order to have their organs.

It's called Millenium by John Varley.
  • Right near my old school and about 1km from my grandparents house.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]My father was brought up a few hundred yards from where the plane crashed and some of my family go to the school very close to the crash site. The residents in this area have been worried for years about such an eventuality.
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]About 800 yards from where I used to live

Where did you live then Oggy?

Hi Bing, just off Brewery Road behind the Sawyers Arms (where I worked for a while) and the bus garage.
    My ex-missus was living on Crofton Road near Locksbottom when I met her.

And my daughter was born at Farnborough Hospital, close to the crash itself.

TV football commentator Brian Moore used to live at Farnborough Park, or the 'Jewels of Kent', as locals called it.
    My claim to fame: we shared the same milkman.

Later I moved to Elliott Road, off Southlands Road behind the 5 Bells.
    Used to drink in the Chatterton Arms.
  • Oggy,

Without boring everybody else, my Dad and Mum lived in Farnborough. My Dad in Hilda Vale Road, just by the Hospital and my Mum in Palmeston Road having been born at Locks Bottom just by the Hospital. My Mum and Dad were married at Farnborough Church.

My Dad passed away in Farnborough Hospital four years ago.

I went to secondary school at Keston Mark. It's an area I know very well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2008
    Crash was just behind my girlfriend's house, who lives in Locksbottom, plane came right over her house. And her best friend lives in the next road over to the crash, so was a bit worrying for a while yesterday. Loads of television news crews buzzing around today.

And just for the record I too was born in Farnborough hospital!
  • Very sad, David Leslie was a great sportscar driver and ambassador for motor racing generally. RIP.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Oggy,

Without boring everybody else, my Dad and Mum lived in Farnborough. My Dad in Hilda Vale Road, just by the Hospital and my Mum in Palmeston Road having been born at Locks Bottom just by the Hospital. My Mum and Dad were married at Farnborough Church.

My Dad passed away in Farnborough Hospital four years ago.

I went to secondary school at Keston Mark. It's an area I know very well.

I used to go to Charlton matches/play cricket with a mate who lived on Hilda Vale Road.
  • Aparently they are holding the householder partially responsible for leaving their landing lights on.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Aparently they are holding the householder partially responsible for leaving their landing lights on.
    ooooooo......
  • tasteless