Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest poll: Plymouth v Charlton

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Quite simply, lose and we're out of the running for the last play-off spot.

Talk of ZZ and Gray out, Bougherra fit again, so plenty of options. What would you do to get the win, and how does that compare with what you think Pards will pick ?

Comments

• Options
    IF Bougy is fit I'd have him alongside Paddy, Halford and Youga at full back, Varney on the right, Thomas left, Holland and Ambrose in the middle with Gray and Lita up front. If Gray not available then Varney and Lita with Thomas on the right and Cook on the left. Actually, do that anyway. I really think we are going to win, they like to give us false hope.
  • Options
    Must win game. 4-1 Charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Must win game. 4-1 Charlton

been on the sauce at lunchtime ??
  • Options
    We're due it...
  • Options
    About time we got a win...
  • Options
    just put the mockers on, by voting on us!!!
  • Options
    Preasure is off, everyone has written us off, go out there enjoy the game, relax, and we will batter them, if we go out with the mentalty its a must win game, we will get best ways a draw, but i fancy us for this one
  • Options
    Unchanged side, Bougherra if fit on the bench, and if Gray and ZZ are out then I'd play the same starting XI as against Wolves.
  • Options
    Another lame performance expected gotta go with the home team. Our Current form says it all really 4 in 22 is it now. We are in worse form than any team in this division so expect us to be beat.
  • Options
    think we will get a win go on a little run but will just fall short of getting into the playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im with roseandcrown, my sentiments, we hit a bit of a run, but miss out by a couple of points
  • Options
    Home win, they need it just as much as we do.

We dont look like keeping a clean sheet so cant really see us grinding out a 1-0.

*crosses fingers and hopes I get a 'told you we'd win 1-0' repost on Sunday*
  • Options
    I think we'll draw or lose but perhaps not if we play the following, :)

Weaver
    Bougherra Mac Sodje Semedo
    Holland ZZ/Ambrose
    Varney Thomas
    Iwelumo Lita
  • Options
    It's a fine line between working hard & trying hard.

Working hard everybody just plays their own role in an assured confident way, slips into 'the zone' and everything flows.

Trying hard, players try to force their performance and when things invariably don't work out, they become desperate
    and try too hard.

Confidence and belief then ebbs away, as we've seen recently.

We just need a break, maybe even an undeserved lucky break - and the psychology and belief that brings within the team can change everything - as someone on here pointed out recently regarding Newcastle.

Let's beat these Greenies.
    C'mon you Addicks!
  • Options
    I'm intrigued what he does with the midfield if ZZ doesn't make it.

The Holland / Samedo pairing clearly doesn't work, and he has seemed loathe to play Ambrose in there.

Revert to 451 with Lita on his own ?
  • Options
    I'm gonna go for a Plymouth win because everytime I go for a Charlton win we lose.

Think we should have Bougy with Paddy in the middle, Halford and Youga on the wings, Ambrose and Holland in the centre with Thomas and Cook at right and left midfield with Varney and Lita upfront!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I'm gonna go for a Plymouth win because everytime I go for a Charlton win we lose.

that seems the most logical answer so far !
  • Options
    Weaver/Moo2/Youga/Boogie/Paddy/Semedo/Holland/Varney/Lita/Big Chris/Thomas......Very attacking looking side with Semedo and Holland doing the holding role.....but Pardew will do his usual and pick his out of form favourites no doubt.
  • Options
    I can't believe most people think Charlton will win. We are very poor and have a habit of bottling the crunch games.
  • Options
    It's a dayout, Fishy.

Coming?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton to get beat. In fact I think there is more chance of me being sat between Naomi Campbell and Dennis Bergkamp on my next flight than us beating Plymouth.
  • Options
    I can see this ending in a draw. Both teams need the win but nerves kick in.

I just hope it's a good game and the players put some effort in to at least try and win the game.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i voted plymouth win but meant to put charlton win.. it's too early... we'll win 2-1
    stick with the same team against wolves but if bouggy fit get him in for sodje and varney for big chris
    remember pards teams do well at this stage of the season and we're due a good run and that this is an exciting league so anything can happen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]Charlton to get beat. In fact I think there is more chance of me being sat between Naomi Campbell and Dennis Bergkamp on my next flight than us beating Plymouth.

Enjoy the flight Charlie - one way ticket I hope!
  • Options
    Just thought I'd bump this up a bit.

Anyone got any ideas on where Charlie, Naomi and Dennis should go on this flight of theirs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]Charlton to get beat. In fact I think there is more chance of me being sat between Naomi Campbell and Dennis Bergkamp on my next flight than us beating Plymouth.

Enjoy the flight Charlie - one way ticket I hope!

Silence from Charlie Block is deafening today.
    Charlton winning yesterday evidently spoilt his day.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ain't it just!

I reckon we should keep bumping this back to the top until such time as he surfaces and tells us where he's taking Naomi and Dennis.
  • Options
    I'll definitely be going for a Charlton loss every week now!
  • Options
    Where's Charlie Block???
  • Options
    Must be on the flight with Sol and Dennis