Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit where credits due.

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
I was nt at the game today ,but after the doom and gloom of late i think you ve got to give the team some credit today for not only winning, but for playing almost the entire match with ten men. Great stuff. now we can enjoy the weekend.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. Well done everyone including Elliot who apparently made a great save at the death.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    After 6 games without a win and being reduced to 10 men early on i think the lads done very well today and think Lita is finally finding his feet.
    Well done lads.
    Cmon you reds.
  • Options
    Agreed. We have all been very quick to critisise so lets get behind them when they turn it on for us. Good win by any standard.
  • Options
    Does the performance today show that the negativity at The Valley adversely affects the team?

Discuss
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Does the performance today show that the negativity at The Valley adversely affects the team?

Discuss

Of that I am sure. I would like to know if the Plymouth fans reacted in a bad way. With 11 against 10 perhaps they expected to win. Did such an expectation affect their performance?

I really do think that a lot of people underestimate the negative effects 20,000+ people groaning, or worse booing, can have.
  • Options
    Its a thought but I doubt it. Granted we have had some shocking performances at home but until fairly recently I think the Valley crowd have been pretty good. Having a player sent off so early might well have galvanised the players into giving that performance. Anyway. We were due a win surely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Does the performance today show that the negativity at The Valley adversely affects the team?

Discuss

I don't suppose it helps, but they are professionals and has been pointed out before much of our team has a fair amount of professional experience, they should know how to handle an unresponsive/negative crowd.

Maybe going down to ten men freed them up a little - as though there was nothing to lose, and perhaps also lulled Plymouth into a false sense of security. When you play against ten men for virtually the entire match, and are at home to a team that haven't won in ages, while you are on a bit of a roll you'd expect to win and pretty easily, perhaps they took their foot off the pedal a bit, more so when they went a goal up. Who knows?
  • Options
    Credits also due for coming back from a goal behind to win, and to the nine hundred fans who made the trip.
  • Options
    Yea fair play to the travelling fans.
  • Options
    Under the recent circumstances 900 is awesome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we wil see a totaly different valley next time round...... i can see lita going on from here..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Under the recent circumstances 900 is awesome.
    The club apparently sold 976 tickets beforehand to travelling fans - but there were a few others who travelled or live in the West Country and bought on the the day at the turnstiles - plus others in the main Argyle grandstand who didn't sit on their hands, stood & cheered when we scored.

I would say that makes comfortably over 1,000 Addicks at Home Park yesterday.
    Bearing in mind our bad run, not bad for probably our furthest away trip this season.