Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Woolwich building in Bexleyheath.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Whenever i've been on holiday, when coming back from the airport, you're going down the A2 and then you see the Woolwich building in the distance. Was always my sign that i'm 'home'.

i grew up living on the top of shooters hill few doors down from the water tower and that (the water tower) was always what we used to see when coming back from, well anywhere, its visible from miles around and i always thought i waas closer to home than i actually was!! it happened up untill i was 29 years old!! ;-)

barts you'll have to replace the woolwich building with 'da bex ee eef bwoadway sen ah' they are close i understand!
  • Options
    Did anyone on here used to go in the Prince Albert pub opposite the Woolwich in Bexleyheath years ago ?
  • Options
    "Did anyone on here used to go in the Prince Albert pub opposite the Woolwich in Bexleyheath years ago ?"

I used to play for the football team (with 1905 in goal)
  • Options
    Yes Bexley - that was my first frequented pub at a young age until we upgraded to the Drayman (mid to late 80s). Know Ben.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"Did anyone on here used to go in the Prince Albert pub opposite the Woolwich in Bexleyheath years ago ?"

I used to play for the football team (with 1905 in goal)

Albert 87! They were the days Russ. Went to the Albert 3 or 4 times a week for a few years ......
  • Options
    The Albert was always the start pub for our pub crawls up Bexleyheath and Welling for stag do's, Birthdays of just general p**s ups.

Happy Days!!!

Back to the Woolwich Building, funny how attitudes change, I remember the reaction from just about everyone when they built it, about what a massive horrendous carbuncle on the lanscape it was.
  • Options
    Started drinking in the Albert during the 6th form days , 3 pints and 10 benson for a lady
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Started drinking in the Albert during the 6th form days , 3 pints and 10 benson for a lady

3 pints and 10 benson and you could get a bird for that. wow, thats cheap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Started drinking in the Albert during the 6th form days , 3 pints and 10 benson for a lady

3 pints and 10 benson and you could get a bird for that. wow, thats cheap.

The birds were cheaper than that until they moved on to the Drayman
  • Options
    The Drayman was what became the Polo Bar, correct? Can't remember what it's called now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes Heath , its gone back to being called the Drayman now
  • Options
    the first drink i ever bought was in the prince albert in 1997. my dad dropped me off outside to make sure i got in. My cousin's g'f works in there now (the one that lives by the woolwich building) and when we go out in bexleyheath with them, we always pop in the for a couple. nice pub with nice staff behind the bar. always friendly. still get a red glare from the carpet and the copper pots on the ceiling.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]still get a red glare from the carpet and the copper pots on the ceiling.

Try staying upright next time Suzi!!!!! :-)