Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford pubs...

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Did anyone ever frequent the Bricklayers Arms?.....(before it became a pizza place)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Did anyone ever frequent the Bricklayers Arms?.....(before it became a pizza place)

I went in there a few times. That was the one on the way out of town towards the swimming pool, right?

Why do you ask?
  • Options
    No it was in Stone............opposite the garage
  • Options
    And the Tradesmans that was on the corner is now an Indian restaurant.

Went in both of them once I think, when I first moved to the area. Didn't the Bricklayers have live music, which was some feat as it was only a little pub as I remember.

Another one further down on East Hill is now a Pizza place as well, can't remember the name tho, (Victory??).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: holyjo[/cite]No it was in Stone............opposite the garage

That might be another one with the same name. If not, what was the one I was thinking of?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]And the Tradesmans that was on the corner is now an Indian restaurant.

Went in both of them once I think, when I first moved to the area. Didn't the Bricklayers have live music, which was some feat as it was only a little pub as I remember.

Another one further down on East Hill is now a Pizza place as well, can't remember the name tho, (Victory??).

I think it was 'The Victory' but by no means sure.

'The Wat Tyler' is/was the best pub in Dartford
  • Options

Its on the dartford/Stone border if you want to be pedantic...;-)

It used to have a disco on a Thursday...those were the days.

The Victory on East Hill used to be a Shepard Neame pub...good for Hurlimans.

the Malt Shovel used to be the best pub in Dartford although I've heard it has gone downhill lately....
  • Options
    My Uncle used to have The Victory in dartford many many years ago.
  • Options
    I used to play sunday league footy for The Victory.

Saturday night out on the sauce, up early doors to get beaten on Dartford Heath, back to The Victory for a couple of pints and some stomach churning Rollmops....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GorgeousGeorge[/cite]I used to play sunday league footy for The Victory.

Saturday night out on the sauce, up early doors to get beaten on Dartford Heath, back to The Victory for a couple of pints and some stomach churning Rollmops....

So The Victory got beaten...by whom?

...........The Defeat?
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008

On the Brent, now a dominoes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]And the Tradesmans that was on the corner is now an Indian restaurant.

Yep, it was the Victory. bit of a dive
  • Options
    Was a nice boozer when my Uncle had it but that was so long ago i think people paid in salt !
  • Options
    to be honest most of the pubs in dartford were a bit ropy, I used to work in a couple (the wetherspoons opposite the wat tyler) and the buffaloes head on hawley road, about 10-12 years ago. The second one was a laugh, the only pub I ever worked in that had a recognised routine for clearing the bar when a fight erupted. namely the landlady would start screaming drunkenly, the landlord would try and calm everything down, I would clear all glass off the bar and the regulars would throw out anyone that was involved, ten minutes later the fun would continue.
  • Options
    Did that used to be called The Papermakers Arms ?

The Salutation now that was a real pub ! feet sticking to what was left ofthe carpet. Toilets that smelt like emmmmmmmmmmmmmm toilets !

Used to be a meeting place for Skinheads once.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The Salutation now that was a real pub ! feet sticking to what was left ofthe carpet. Toilets that smelt like emmmmmmmmmmmmmm toilets !
    Old man and old dear were regulars in there when Jonny Harvey owned it (now owns The Rose in B'heath and my aunt is with his son!). Remember eating hot roast potatoes in there on a Sunday as a kid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Did that used to be called The Papermakers Arms ?

it was about 500 yards close to dartford than that, about halfway between the papermakers and the orange tree, almost opposite the shell garage.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Did that used to be called The Papermakers Arms ?

The Salutation now that was a real pub ! feet sticking to what was left ofthe carpet. Toilets that smelt like emmmmmmmmmmmmmm toilets !

Used to be a meeting place for Skinheads once.[/quote]

Now an office, I work just up the hill near Princes Road
  • Options
    I remember the 'Sally' from years ago when my older brother was a skin (or 2nd generation skin if we want to be pedantic), I'm going back to around '83 ish at most. Was too young too drink at the time but I vaguely remember the skinheads.

How time flies................................
  • Options
    Re: The Tradesmans. I left school in '86, Mick was the smooth looking publican, Kronenbourg cost 78p a pint and I would meet up with other school-leaver mates and we'd each get hammered on a tenner, with enough for smokes and some chips from the Chinese near KT's showroom, Lee's ??
  • Options
    The Cricketers now thats what i call a pub. was at bottom of East Hill not sure its there now though. Took a date there once, got a drink went to sit down and one ofthe bar staff came over and said "hold on let me wipe the blood off the wall before you sit there !" which was nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The Cricketers now thats what i call a pub. was at bottom of East Hill not sure its there now though. Took a date there once, got a drink went to sit down and one ofthe bar staff came over and said "hold on let me wipe the blood off the wall before you sit there !" which was nice.
    That building has been in renovation for the past 15years at least (think the roof fell in).

Lovely building and its such a waste that nothing has been done with it down there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Old man and old dear were regulars in there when Jonny Harvey owned it (now owns The Rose in B'heath and my aunt is with his son!). Remember eating hot roast potatoes in there on a Sunday as a kid.

I know John (and his son Simon) a bit. My dad has drunk in the Rose for years and John had a season ticket with the two of us a couple of seasons ago (even though both he and Simon are Spurs!). Nice fella, always moaning about something though!
  • Options
    The Courthouse is one of the better pubs in Dartford, have some good live bands in there as well occasionally.

My colleague used to manage it until 2-3 years ago.
  • Options
    The Plough is it still there ? had a good few lock ins in there. Went to the Derby with em a few times when the Derby was on a Wednesday. malcolm Pike used to run it. Teple Hill football team A+B used to be run from that pub as well.
  • Options
    The Plough is still there, only one I can think of that has changed in the high street area is the coach & horses, now a trendy bar called juice I think.
  • Options
    not quite dartford but when i lived in Stone i use to use the lads of the village,the bull and the welcome all,also the sir john franklin formerly the white hart in greenhithe
  • Options
    I moved to Greenhithe (Waterstone Park) a few months ago & only just found acouple of pubs down the road from the big Asda, i think they are the pubs your mentioning?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]I moved to Greenhithe (Waterstone Park) a few months ago & only just found acouple of pubs down the road from the big Asda, i think they are the pubs your mentioning?

I live on Ingress Park, were almost neighbours, dont use the pubs in the village much, The Pier is the better of the two IMO, I am in the British Legion club in Greenhithe when I do drink locally, dont use pubs much, mostly clubs/wokring mans etc.
  • Options
    actually i think i have seen you coming in or out of that place before.. (thats if you are who i think you are!)
    my missus parents live just along from it so often go past it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]actually i think i have seen you coming in or out of that place before.. (thats if you are who i think you are!)
    my missus parents live just along from it so often go past it

You've met E before I'm sure...