Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

next season - life in the champ

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
at least now we can all think about next season, in the champ

some serious changes need to happen mind, mainly our midfield (no matter how well theyve played in the last 3 games)

the squad needs to be heavily trimmed since only 1 more yr of parachute payments, and we as fans need to be a hell of a lot more realistic with where we are as a club

(taken from other post)

More to worry about -
QPR havin all the money in the world,
Palace havin the best group of youngsters in the league (unless they get poached off them)
Sheff u wont have as shite a season
We still wont have a striker capable of scoring 20 goals

Comments

• Options
    parachute payments isnt a lot of money......

what a load of rubbish......

On the plus side, look Pards could sort us, he did it for wham.... look its not cool, but its not a death, hell, top yourself scenario either...... we have fallen from grace.... the bloke gets another season .... end of

Im going to bed it 2.15am
  • Options
    And as I've mentioned before, the new Sky/Setanta TV deal means that the relegated teams are going to have far more money at their disposal than we have and therefore in a position to keep their squads together.

As for Palace, they are skint, if they don't get promoted this year then some of those talented kids will be elsewhere at the start of the next season.
  • Options
    Positives

well atleast I don't think bolton, fulham and derby are any better than the teams they will replace
    we wont lose to scunthorpe or colchester!!
    we might get some money for bent!!
    D.I.C.K.O will be back!!!

can't think of anything else at the moment!!
  • Options

Sheff U would have had an even worse season if they didn't have Beattie, if he goes then what will they do? Their other newly signed forward - Billy Sharp has been anything but sharp in front of goal.

As for us having a striker capable of scoring 20 goals - who knows who'll still be on our books next year, but assuming that we keep Iwelumo, Gray, Varney, Todorov and McLeod (plus Dickson), then I don't think we'll need a 20 a season striker plus a.n.other - if three/four of those can contribute around 10 goals each then we'll score the necessary goals, especially as Ambrose and ZZ can score from midfield, on that subject I'm more concerned about getting ball into the box and creating the opportunities and we urgently need a creative midfield general type to come in.
  • Options
    hasn't sharp now scored 6 in 7??

I'm just gutted - all my negativity will have gone by the end of the season, 1 positive atleast we will still be competitive next yr and won't be fighting off relegation!!
  • Options
    There's a fair chance that Fulham will implode after relegation - depends if Al-Fayed wants to keep shovelling money at them, really.
  • Options
    fulham just won 2-0 away at reading.... as did bolton....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]hasn't sharp now scored 6 in 7??

I'm just gutted - all my negativity will have gone by the end of the season, 1 positive atleast we will still be competitive next yr and won't be fighting off relegation!![/quote]

No, Sharp has scored just three league goals for the Blades, and that after a £1.5m transfer:

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10418~30427,00.html
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    he's got 4 now ;oP
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]at least now we can all think about next season, in the champ

some serious changes need to happen mind, mainly our midfield (no matter how well theyve played in the last 3 games)

the squad needs to be heavily trimmed since only 1 more yr of parachute payments, and we as fans need to be a hell of a lot more realistic with where we are as a club

(taken from other post)

More to worry about -
    QPR havin all the money in the world,
    Palace havin the best group of youngsters in the league (unless they get poached off them)

don't think that is true about Palace. They have played their youngsters as they have nothing else, there is nothing to say that they are actually better than anyone else's. Andy Grey has scored 14 goals this season and that's including a dry spell of 20 without a goal so I reckon he can do the business alongside Varney or AN Other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Varney's a gonna mate,didn't even get on yesterday what does that say about Pardew spends £2.5 million then dont play him
  • Options
    will be gutted if varney leaves hes got real potential. tbh we cant sign lita in the champ so play varney and gray together.