Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deano

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
If WBA go up I don't think Deano will be kept.
Anyone else think we could well see him back at The Valley next season?

Comments

• Options
    I think they will stick with Deano. Why wouldn`t they ?
  • Options
    I think it is generally accepted he is not Prem quality anymore and the fans have really been giving him some stick.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't think Kiely would come as backup to Weaver in the Championship. Kiely is still worthy of a first team place in this division.

I'm just pleased that we have Elliot coming through the ranks after seeing that clown in goal today.
  • Options
    Do you think we can keep Weaver? I wouldn't be suprised if he went to a Prem club. He's only 29.
  • Options
    Would love to see him back with us, doubt it would happen though..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]
    I'm just pleased that we have Elliot coming through the ranks after seeing that clown in goal today.

Jesus - give the kid a break!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]I'm just pleased that we have Elliot coming through the ranks after seeing that clown in goal today.
    And the key sentence in this link is "born May 12, 1987"
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Do you think we can keep Weaver? I wouldn't be suprised if he went to a Prem club. He's only 29.

I think he'll stay.

And Fish, give Randolph a chance, Carson had a bad game in his second game for England, does it mean he's a bad goalkeeper? No. So same applies to Randolph for us.
  • Options
    Surely you can see even at that age if he is poor or not. He dropped a complete clanger, his distribution was hopeless and he almost made a mess of their only other shot. All this business about his age is ridiculous. If he isn't ready then why play him. Elliot made a stunning save last week and got dropped.
  • Options
    Yeah, one save - better to judge on that than a season of what the coaches must have seen!

I thought the 'clanger' was mainly McCarthy's fault, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]Surely you can see even at that age if he is poor or not. He dropped a complete clanger, his distribution was hopeless and he almost made a mess of their only other shot. All this business about his age is ridiculous. If he isn't ready then why play him. Elliot made a stunning save last week and got dropped.

Do you ever have a bad day at work when nothing goes right for you Fish? No, didin't think so.
  • Options
    So you judge a goalkeepers performance on what is seen on the training pitch rather than in a real important game where 3 points are at stake? I thought players in form deserved to keep their place in the side.
  • Options
    oh wrap up!
  • Options
    One save does not a season make - any idea what kind of form Randolph was in at Bury?
  • Options
    i must say dropping elliot was a wanky thing to do,i voiced concerns over randolph before,also how great would have it been for charlton fan elliot to be rewarded with a start after plymouth
  • Options
    Randolph had an excellent game at Anfield at the end of last season too. Every player can have an off day. Randolph has been getting good reviews & recognition at his loan clubs, & for the young Eire sides. It did make sense to put him in. T'was unfortunate he had the aforementioned off day today.

Kiely made an absolutely brilliant save against Watford today. It's been shown a few times on Sky Sports News this evening. Whilst he may not have the 'stability' he had in his heyday with us, he isn't doing too badly at WBA. If they do go up & he doesn't stay, he will have at least helped them get there. Like Stern John of Southampton, at Sunderland last year. Past the age of being a regular Top Flight performer, but bloody good value for a 2nd tier side. Kiely would have another year at this level left realistacally, then maybe drop a flight or two.
  • Options
    i think deano can go on in football well over forty
  • Options
    Definitely! I'm not sure that it would be too many years at this level though. It would be great if he did though.
  • Options
    i blame randolph today,do the basics and push it over the bar.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]and he almost made a mess of their only other shot
    That'll be the one that came at him at pace and then suddenly bounced up in front of him when it hit a divot. He still managed to adjust and get his body behind it and then get the lose ball before the oncoming striker could get there.

We seem to love knocking our youth players at the first opportunity, rather than give them a chance to develop in the team. Might explain why so many have failed to live up to expectation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No it's because the majority are extremely poor.

So because I posted about him that's the reason that our youth players are failing to live up to expectation? Everything that goes wrong at this club is supporters fault it seems......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]No it's because the majority are extremely poor.

So because I posted about him that's the reason that our youth players are failing to live up to expectation? Everything that goes wrong at this club is supporters fault it seems......
    So tell everyone here what knocking a 20 year old is likely to do for his confidence? Or, to put it another way, would you like it if, when you started work, some ****ing numpty you'd never met before just came up to you and started abusing you after about a week on the job? Its that sort of attitude that sees middle aged men turning purple and apoplectic when their nine year old son fails to make a tackle in his kiddies football team - and explains why English youngsters in general are shite compared to foreign players of the same age.
  • Options
    Over the last few years I don't think that we've had any decent players coming through via the youth team. Maybe in the current crop there seem to be a few players in Wright, Arter etc who might make it, but in recent seasons the best we've had is Lloyd Sam, and at 23 he's hardly a kid or a regular player. The others have looked promising and have always been talked up by the club (well they are hardly going to say they are pony are they?) but they haven't really made the grade, even when leaving Charlton, that so many have ended up in the lower leagues or non-league and stayed there says more about their quality than whether they should have been given an opportunity or not or whether the fans were too critical.

Curbs gave quite a few players like Parker, Konchesky and Bowyer a game when they were 16/17 but they were clearly talented and in any case in that era we had to make a virtue out of a necessity, bear in mind he also gave a chance to players like Paul Bacon, Jamie Stuart, Paul Sturridge and a few others. I think if we had any decent players coming through via the youth team in the last few seasons then they would have gotten a few games.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]If WBA go up I don't think Deano will be kept.
    Anyone else think we could well see him back at The Valley next season?[/quote]

In answer to your question if we see him back at the Valley it'll be because he's playing against us. In Weaver, Randolph and Elliot we have three good keepers under contract.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Wearnt Parker, Konch, Bowyer etc.. product of the coaching of John Cartwright what happened to him.

As Leaburn said in the programme yesterday the youth team who got to the final against Coventry had a good coach in Colin Clarke also what happened to him.

As my old man said to me yesterday we need a good coach. You can see at Arsenal they are well and truly coached.
  • Options
    whats wrong with pardew?
  • Options
    John Cartwright retired around 4/5 years ago from club football and now runs: http://www.premierskills.co.uk/TermsandConditions.htm

I think Colin Clarke is now coaching in the US.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Pards is the manager not the coach/es.
  • Options
    well he cant manage so should try coaching instead
  • Options
    try nothing at this club please.